Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ Adding Gear To "Item Maker"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i'm wondering what i have to do to add items into the item maker skill. So far i just added in an extra id into the list, and gave it the same sub properties as the other items also edited the recipe etc. This caused my Etc.wz to not work. Has anyone tried to add items to theirs before? Have any tips for me? Thanks in advance :)

Rizener - Adding Gear To "Item Maker" - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, i'm wondering what i have to do to add items into the item maker skill. So far i just added in an extra id into the list, and gave it the same sub properties as the other items also edited the recipe etc. This caused my Etc.wz to not work. Has anyone tried to add items to theirs before? Have any tips for me? Thanks in advance :)

I might be wrong about this I am just going by what I heard/read in the past few years. From what I know of, you can only modify id's and what not inside the WZ files, but you cannot add anything into the WZ files like new ids, new folders (nodes) and other things like that. Like I said I might be wrong, I just heard this on multiple occurrences.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ummm, sure you can add new id's into wz files. i've added over 50 mobs/maps/hairs/items etc. I just don't know where in to add what i need to add for this situation. Also to clarify he extra id i added was created by copying the setup of the other items and just swapping id's for the gear/recipe i wants

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ummm, sure you can add new id's into wz files. i've added over 50 mobs/maps/hairs/items etc. I just don't know where in to add what i need to add for this situation.

Well I guess my information is outdated then, I apologize for that. There might be possibility that you are adding it in the correct area, but the client is not allowing you to do anything with it. But anyways, let me stop wasting your time.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ItemMaker is poorly coded in Odin to begin with. To begin, yes, you can add items into the ItemMaker.

I'm sure in Etc/ItemMaker you've noticed the 0,1,2,...16 nodes. These are categorized as Job Flags.
Code:
 /** Flag Mask Key
             * -> 0x0 : AllJob
             * -> 0x1 : Warrior
             * -> 0x2 : Wizard
             * -> 0x4 : Bowman
             * -> 0x8 : Thief
             * -> 0x10 : Pirate
            */

If your item is specific to one job, you insert it into the category so the ItemMaker crafts job-related items.

Now, the one thing Odin does parse in the database before Lithium is item make data. In your database you'll see makercreatedata, makerrecipedata, etc. This is where you will place your new item make info. You can convert this back to XML parsing and just load it from your WZ if that's easier for you.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
before the switch i had " Conquerors Raiments of Sanctification" ilvl 226I switched to "Vestments of the Sleepless" ilvl 232My gear score before the switch was 2604 and after the switch it was still 2604. With a higher lvl item should the gear score not go up at least slightly?

Back