Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WZ [help]change the moving effect of some party quest map

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
who knows how to change the moving effect like "Teleport" of this map, it is now moving after black screen. ty

onechord - [help]change the moving effect of some party quest map - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to do?I don't get what you mean by this, can you provide more information?
I want to change the effect of moving up like this :
onechord - [help]change the moving effect of some party quest map - RaGEZONE Forums

but when moving up in map 920010700 , the screen will turn black before you arrive:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is probably because Odin developers are not aware of how UserTeleport works. In Ludi PQ (pre-bb version), the portals are fixed. This means that their locations are client-sided and in the same order every time. In post-bb when LPQ gets revamped, Lithium sources warp the user to a destination portal. This means they change their map and warp them to the specific portal index as their starting point. I'm assuming this is what you mean for your other PQ map or whatever event that is. In this event PQ thing, when you're entering the portals they are actually scripted and randomized, and your script is simply changing their map but to that of a specific portal index.

Assuming these are scripted portals, find their scripts and create a new script manager method for teleporting. For example, here's mine:
PHP:
/**
 * A quick and easy way to transfer a user to a different portal.
 * This method is intended to be used within the map. It is designed
 * to transfer to different portals without changing/reloading the 
 * user's map entirely to get there. Example: In LudiPQ, upon 
 * the Box Stage where entering the correct box warps you up and
 * wrong box warps you to beginning, this packet is used.
 * [USER=2000183830]para[/USER]m nPortal The portal index to send the user to
 */
public void UserTeleport(int nPortal) {
    pRunningVM.pTarget.SendPacket(UserLocal.OnTeleport(false, nPortal));
}

This will also require you to have the CUserLocal::OnTeleport packet. You can find it in IDA. Some sources might even have it, and mistakenly call it "dojoTeleport" or something to that effect.
PHP:
public static OutPacket OnTeleport(boolean bExclRequest, int nPortal) {
    OutPacket oPacket = new OutPacket(LoopbackPacket.UserTeleport, false);
    oPacket.Encodeb(bExclRequest);
    oPacket.Encode1(nPortal);//6 = dojo up
    return oPacket;
}

Then all you would do is call the method for this in your portal script that's being executed. Something like this in Odin:
PHP:
function enter(pi) {
    pi.userTeleport(1);//your random portal ID here
    return true;
}

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is probably because Odin developers are not aware of how UserTeleport works. In Ludi PQ (pre-bb version), the portals are fixed. This means that their locations are client-sided and in the same order every time. In post-bb when LPQ gets revamped, Lithium sources warp the user to a destination portal. This means they change their map and warp them to the specific portal index as their starting point. I'm assuming this is what you mean for your other PQ map or whatever event that is. In this event PQ thing, when you're entering the portals they are actually scripted and randomized, and your script is simply changing their map but to that of a specific portal index.

Assuming these are scripted portals, find their scripts and create a new script manager method for teleporting. For example, here's mine:
PHP:
/**
 * A quick and easy way to transfer a user to a different portal.
 * This method is intended to be used within the map. It is designed
 * to transfer to different portals without changing/reloading the 
 * user's map entirely to get there. Example: In LudiPQ, upon 
 * the Box Stage where entering the correct box warps you up and
 * wrong box warps you to beginning, this packet is used.
 * [USER=2000183830]para[/USER]m nPortal The portal index to send the user to
 */
public void UserTeleport(int nPortal) {
    pRunningVM.pTarget.SendPacket(UserLocal.OnTeleport(false, nPortal));
}

This will also require you to have the CUserLocal::OnTeleport packet. You can find it in IDA. Some sources might even have it, and mistakenly call it "dojoTeleport" or something to that effect.
PHP:
public static OutPacket OnTeleport(boolean bExclRequest, int nPortal) {
    OutPacket oPacket = new OutPacket(LoopbackPacket.UserTeleport, false);
    oPacket.Encodeb(bExclRequest);
    oPacket.Encode1(nPortal);//6 = dojo up
    return oPacket;
}

Then all you would do is call the method for this in your portal script that's being executed. Something like this in Odin:
PHP:
function enter(pi) {
    pi.userTeleport(1);//your random portal ID here
    return true;
}
That's exactly what I meant. Thank you very much for being so specific. But this is too difficult for me, I can only refer to some addresses and values for simple modify, anyway, thank you

By the way, when you are free, please take a look at this question. Thank you

http://forum.ragezone.com/f923/help-cant-character-dark-maps-1171735/

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I meant. Thank you very much for being so specific. But this is too difficult for me, I can only refer to some addresses and values for simple modify, anyway, thank you

By the way, when you are free, please take a look at this question. Thank you

http://forum.ragezone.com/f923/help-cant-character-dark-maps-1171735/

The Odin developers call the packet DOJO_WARP_UP. Here's the packet, I've added the arguments for you:
PHP:
public static byte[] userTeleport(boolean excl, int portal) {
   final MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter mplew = new MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter();
   mplew.writeShort(SendOpcode.DOJO_WARP_UP.getValue());
   mplew.write(excl ? 1 : 0);
   mplew.write(portal);
   return mplew.getPacket();
}

Simply create a function to call this packet just like they do with sendDojoUp and you should be good to go.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The Odin developers call the packet DOJO_WARP_UP. Here's the packet, I've added the arguments for you:
PHP:
public static byte[] userTeleport(boolean excl, int portal) {
   final MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter mplew = new MaplePacketLittleEndianWriter();
   mplew.writeShort(SendOpcode.DOJO_WARP_UP.getValue());
   mplew.write(excl ? 1 : 0);
   mplew.write(portal);
   return mplew.getPacket();
}

Simply create a function to call this packet just like they do with sendDojoUp and you should be good to go.

Eric,could u please help me?
this is my question.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f566/hms083-error-monsterstats-freeze-sometimes-1172028/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
lol. still can't fingue out this.
It has moving effect only by setting portal = 6
In map 920010700 .It move to portal 31 by setting portal = 6
So maybe something is defined by the client side.

Back