Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PokeMMO Server+Client (Browserbased)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Okay. So is there anyone who's used the source before or knows it pretty well? I have a few questions.

First off, are we supposed to edit the .hx files? I've never seen them before, but I can edit them in Eclipse and Oxygen. Furthermore, I've made some edits to the .hx files and attempted to compile them using the compiler in Site > JS. However when I go in game, none of the changes I've made are present.

Second, has anyone managed to test this online and see what it's like with multiple players on? Is it laggy or stable?

I don't think the hx files are being used.

EDIT: Oh well the might. Hae can be compiled to JS:

EDIT2: To compile your changes, you got to site/js and use the compile_main.bat, I think it compiles the Haxe source code in site_h.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
EDIT2: To compile your changes, you got to site/js and use the compile_main.bat, I think it compiles the Haxe source code in site_h.

I don't think this works. I made a few changes, compiled and went ingame to see if it worked and it didn't.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, you're browser might have cached some files. I'm almost certain it does work that way.

I cleared Firefox, and even installed Chrome and still nothing. No idea why it's not working.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I can check it.
When I compile, it takes a few seconds then says "Press any key to continue..."
It seems like it's working, but I don't think it does.

Have you tried the source and compiling?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I can check it.
When I compile, it takes a few seconds then says "Press any key to continue..."
It seems like it's working, but I don't think it does.

Have you tried the source and compiling?

It does compile, it means it's done when you get that message. Try to put a random string the .js file save it and then compile and see if it's gone.

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Okay. So is there anyone who's used the source before or knows it pretty well? I have a few questions.

First off, are we supposed to edit the .hx files? I've never seen them before, but I can edit them in Eclipse and Oxygen. Furthermore, I've made some edits to the .hx files and attempted to compile them using the compiler in Site > JS. However when I go in game, none of the changes I've made are present.

Second, has anyone managed to test this online and see what it's like with multiple players on? Is it laggy or stable?

I've put it online for me and my gf, and seems to be right on. I've played a lot of games and there's a huge difference in placement, but this was almost perfectly sync'd

Also is .HX easier to learn then js?

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I've put it online for me and my gf, and seems to be right on. I've played a lot of games and there's a huge difference in placement, but this was almost perfectly sync'd

Also is .HX easier to learn then js?

Well, Haxe is more like Java and it looks definitely harder to learn than JavaScript. I'm sure you could work something out though :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It does compile, it means it's done when you get that message. Try to put a random string the .js file save it and then compile and see if it's gone.

I went to the chat.hx and typed in a random line of code and upon compiling I just got the "press any key to continue.."

Edit: I also did this with one of the .js files and got the same result.

I also did some work on the registration page and none of my changes took effect.

I'm stumped, haha.

Last edited:
凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I went to the chat.hx and typed in a random line of code and upon compiling I just got the "press any key to continue.."

I also did some work on the registration page and none of my changes took effect.

I'm stumped, haha.

did you try clearing your cache xD

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

I'm stumped, haha.

- Try to compile it like this :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is a great project.
I saw that some users said that I was not going to share my "fixes".. yes I can post, but this project is big and hard to do, and I can not do it alone :(

everything I do on this project, I will be publishing the official page of my pokemon mmorpg:
facebook.com/PokeRPG

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
this is a great project.
I saw that some users said that I was not going to share my "fixes".. yes I can post, but this project is big and hard to do, and I can not do it alone :(

everything I do on this project, I will be publishing the official page of my pokemon mmorpg:
facebook.com/PokeRPG

Im only 16 and i cant code but/cant learn code cause im very busy, btw im very good in gfx and mapping, if you need help, i can help you :)!

凸(ಠ益ಠ)凸
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can it be installed on Linux server?

I'm not sure but the fact that node.js and mongodb can be run on linux. I don't see why not?

If you could test it out that would be great, give me something else to throw onto my linux listing.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
porfavor alguien me puede ayudar a poder ensender el server soy nuevo en esto y nose como hacer funcionar el server gracias

Back