Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Xenforo migration is complete; get the latest updates here!

Reaction score
Hi,
@HyperFilter has kindly resolved a local drive issue to help facilitate the migration to Xenforo. I cannot give a specific time for when this will happen, but it is HAPPENING. The primary issue is keeping data safe. Limitations due to drive size and raid setups have been resolved as of last night, and I can slowly start working towards the migration.

It won't be a simple task.

The main server will require updates to the backbone of our system to allow the creation of modern operating systems as per my preferred setup. The downtime here could be hours, or days; I am unsure, but this is the biggest concern as failure here can lead to catastrophic data losses, and thus the additional drives were required for snapshot builds (and then offsite). I will be required to rebuild the distros on modern systems to allow Xenforo to run with the latest required software; this will facilitate speed and optimal caching and bring life back to the community.

I can happily say the database build has been successfully migrated as of this morning to the new drive, with just the web server left to do later this evening or tomorrow, depending on a few factors.

Thanks for your patience.

MentaL

#Notes

- Your post count will remain the same.
- Your likes will be saved as long as Xenforo plugins allow for it.
- The forum theme will require a modern update (dark/light).
- To keep up with the potential increase in users, we will hire new moderators if the launch goes well.

If you have any further questions, contact me via my wall or via private message.

Reaction score
attachment.php

I hope this excites a lot of you.

Attachments

• XEN_IS_ON_THE_MENU_BOIZ.png
    88.8 KB · Views: 3,579
Reaction score
Myself and the moderator team have been extensively testing the converted forum, and it is safe to say we are impressed. Upon launch, a few things will change, but nothing drastic. The goal is to consolidate the unnecessary and keep the fundamentals. User ranking through post counting will be changed, likely in intervals of 250–500 posts. 

Your likes will be transferred to the new reaction system. They'll all become "likes" but you also have other options to coincide, such as an angry face, a sad face, and more.

The move is close and will, with absolute certainty, start on an undecided Friday. The discord server will be your main point of communication during this period.

More updates soon.

Thanks

Reaction score
We will be expanding the forum with a wonderful resource system. You (the content creator) can submit your tools, add-ons, or other creations for your favourite MMO servers directly to RZ for instant downloading. Example:

attachment.php

A thread will automatically be made in the appropriate release section, and you can also edit and update your releases at any given time.

You'll also be able to access push notifications.

Attachments

• resource.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,539
  • Push Notification.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 135
Reaction score
As it stands, the expected date to begin migration is.... the Friday 31st of March, 2023! I cannot estimate how long the process will take. I will be rebuilding EVERYTHING. The Discord server will be your point of contact as well as LIVE updates from myself at the #xenforo-updates channel.

Reaction score
Hi

You may notice some minor changes to a few things, such as descriptions and titles. This is to prepare in advance for the migration. Also, the Moderator application section is now accessible again for those who feel they would make a valued member of the team.

https://forum.ragezone.com/f621/

Thanks

Reaction score
Back