Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to add a item to a NPC

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Change the prices in propItem.txt.

Extract that file from dataSub2.res, or use propItem.txt that's in your servers resource folder.

Delete the old propItem.txt in dataSub2.res and replace it with the new one. The prices should be fixed. Make sure you have the same propItem.txt in your server and in your RES file.

Change using NPC editor? If yes then i changed, but nothing change.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Additional Info for everyone. ^_^

[If you used the v15 original source files, Extract Flyff NPC Editor @ 'V15_FIles\Resource\'. It should already be in the same location with character.inc,propItem.txt,propItem.txt.txt.]

[For those who experienced the Editor just crashing... Please see to it that these files: character.inc,propItem.txt,propItem.txt.txt are not opened with other programs and/or on the same location with the Editor.]

[AddVenderItem Syntax:
AddVenderItem( 0, IK3_SWD, -1, 10, 10, 100);

Left to Right--
0 - NPC Trade Slot number. 0->1st slot,1->2nd slot,2->3rd slot,3-> 4th slot.

IK3_SWD - ITEM CATEGORY. IKE_SWD->Swords,IKE_KNUCKLEHAMMER->KNUCKLES etc.. etc..(find them by pressing 'Material' button)

-1 -> Job Requirement. -1-> ALL JOBS, 0->Vagrant(Haven't tried Vagrant), 1->Mercenary,2->Acrobat,3->Assist,4->Magician then, 6->Knights....(forgot the sequence from here, will update when I got home)

10 -> Item Level. 10 means it gets all items from level 1-10 that are shopAbled [dwShopAble = 1].

10 -> Max Rarity. 10 means it gets all items that has rarity level 1-10 that are showAbled [dwShopAble = 1].

100 -> still trying to figure out what this means. ^_^

Example...
If @ PropItem.txt i got:
Guardian Sword[IK3_SWD] = shopAble:1 Rarity:1 Level:1
Angel Sword[IK3_SWD] = shopAble:1 Rarity:2 Level:1

AddVenderItem(0,IK3_SWD, 1, 1, 1,100); -- would add Guardian Sword only because Angel Sword has Rarity:2.

Add VenderItem(0,IK3_SWD, 3, 2, 1,100); -- would show NOTHING because there are no swords for Assists(JOB:3).

Add VenderItem(0,IK3_SWD, 1, 2, 1,100); -- would show both.]

Goodluck~~!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old thread, But hey its better then creating a new thread :p

Anyone got a working solution to the "ID already exist" problem?
Ive changed the price, Opened the datasub1.res and datasub2.res and deleted the old character.inc and replaced it with the new, and the same with propitem.txt and propitem.txt.txt

Changed with the "Flyff NPC Editor"
Scroll of SProtect, Shows up as 1 Penya in the Shop, But its cost should be 500..
True 500 = II_SYS_SYS_SCR_SMELPROT Scroll of SProtect 1 1 IK3_SCROLL

Any thoughts?

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You only edited your server files, use RESEditor too replace the existing propitem.txt.txt and propitem.txt in DataSub2.res

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
hey i did everything what u said but its still not in the shop ;/

Sorry too hear that, but you can try too do it all again and make sure you didnt do anything wrong :\

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ey ik zie die dat je nederlands bent

Ik ga het weer proberen ;p

man het werkt niet ik ga steeds in die npceditor

dan vendor item material list Sprotect Sreach

Close now add then click Save Change?? idk man
add me on MSN Jester-Mg@hotmail.com
we can do teamviewer so i no how it works.

Last edited:
the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
when i used this program..some npc is spawning..like leprauchaun in Saint morning.

LOL.
Leprechauns taking over yo' server..
No but seriously, that cant be done by the NPC editor, you probably used DYOManager for that. Or Beast.

the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
here adding boots in NPC boboko. i see not green boots ^_^ whats wrong with it?

There could be several things wrong, either you didnt make the item sellable or you didnt change the rarity's good.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hey there... Everything works fine but there is no 'filter' for it heh.
I got 3 categories in NPC Isruel - Upgrade, Character, Others. I have put to the first scrolls for upgrade sun and moon. In character all kind of Re-Stats, Re-Skill and Blessings. In others azria, coral, bags and FS15/30.

The problem is IK3_SCROLL category. I do not want to have everything in each category.
As you can see, Re-Stat from 2nd category and Scrolls from 1st category got same IK3_SCROLL so they are displaying in both categories which is not the way i want it to see there.
All in all, in Character category there is SPRO & RESTAT instead of only RESTAT.
I tried to set Character's items rarity to 3 and set same rarity for Character category IK3_SCROLL but it still shows up every scroll instead of these with rarity 3.

Can somebody point me out what am I doing wrong with rarity? I am sure it can be sorted out in this way but probably i just do it wrong.

Last edited:
the sound's resound echo
Loyal Member
Reaction score
AddVendorItem( 0, IK3_SCROLL, -1, 6, 6, 1 );
AddVendorItem( 1, IK3_SCROLL, -1, 7, 7, 1 );

The scrolls for upgrade, give them the Rarity 6.
In the second tab, give the re-skills and stuff the Rarity 7.

Now items with Rarity 6 will pop-up in the first tab, and items with Rarity 7 in the second tab.

Reaction score
I finnaly figured out how to do it ( i added a blinkwing to Is to test lol) so thanks aagibcheat for the NPCEditor and thanks richmund12 for the extra info.

Back