Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Create your FlyFF Patcher with BetaPatchClient

Inactive
Reaction score
This is not my guide and I take 0 credit for it.

Requirements:
  • Visual Studio 2019
  • Photoshop or any other image editing program.
  • A Webserver.
  • Flyff Client with DSETUP.dll & NeuzD.dll
  • Common Sense.
Downloads:
  1. Titanium
1. Download and Configure BetaPatchClient.
After downloading BetaPatchClient. Open the folder and open file:
\PatcherTutorial\PatchClient\BetaPatchClient71.sln with Visual Studio.

If you’ve opened the .sln file, open Configuration.h. Its in the solution folder.
View attachment 168699

This is where our configuration starts:
View attachment 168700

I think most of it explains itself, if not please ask in the topic.
Make sure that if you change PATCH_VERSION, you also edit the Titanium -> Config.ini

To edit the name of your patcher change the targetname of your BetaPatchClient:
View attachment 168701
View attachment 168702

2. Titanium - (Download above)
Open up Titanium.exe and place all files that you want to patch in the same directory.
Add the files you want to patch to the right of the window, and click Options -> Save + Compress
View attachment 168703

After you’ve compressed the files, a new folder called NeuroSpace will pop up in your directory.
Copy the files inside the directory RESCLIENT to your Webserver in a folder called RESCLIENT, this has to be 1:1 otherwise your patchclient can’t find the files and an error will popup.

3. Design the Patcher
For designing the patcher, I’m using Photoshop. In the BetaPatchClient we’re using go to \PatcherTutorial\PatchClient\Image and open main_eng_us_15.jpg with your editing program. I’ve placed tutorial.psd in the folder, which you can use to create your own image.
4Iic4JD - Create your FlyFF Patcher with BetaPatchClient - RaGEZONE Forums

The buttons for the patcher, and the option screen can also be edited. Those are in the same folder as main_eng_us_15.jpg.

------------------------------------------------

Some customizations.

aYFRgSL - Create your FlyFF Patcher with BetaPatchClient - RaGEZONE Forums

Smooth loading bar:
If you open the BetapatchClient.rc with notepad++ scroll down to the CONTROL Progress1 and Progress2 you can change the 0x0 to 0x1 for a smooth loading bar instead of loading blocks.

Colorful loading bar:

Inside:
BetaPatchClientDlg.cpp

Above:
Code:
m_File_Progress.SetPos(0);

Add:
Code:
m_Total_Progress.SendMessage(PBM_SETBARCOLOR, 0, (LPARAM)RGB(255, 0, 0)); 
m_File_Progress.SendMessage(PBM_SETBARCOLOR, 0, (LPARAM)RGB(36, 0, 255));

To edit the colors, just change the RGB values on the end of the lines.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this and updated the VS stuff for 2019.

You rock!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for this release. I've followed the instructions and successfully compiled the solution file but am somehow getting this error once I open the patcher

PatchLog.txt:
12/22-16:18:33 The server name or address could not be resolved
CODE: 12007 RESULT: 2

Any way to resolve this issue? Thank you!

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for this release. I've followed the instructions and successfully compiled the solution file but am somehow getting this error once I open the patcher

PatchLog.txt:
12/22-16:18:33 The server name or address could not be resolved
CODE: 12007 RESULT: 2

Any way to resolve this issue? Thank you!

The error is pretty self explanatory: The server name or address could not be resolved

I suggest you re-read the tut and try again and pay attention to all steps included as your missing something esp the part about the patch url.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Open up Titanium.exe and place all files that you want to patch in the same directory.
Add the files you want to patch to the right of the window, and click Options -> Save + Compress

so i do this and what now where are i see new patcher ?

Inactive
Reaction score

so i do this and what now where are i see new patcher ?

You should really re-read the entire guide.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
agine i dont get it ..

odd question but did you compile the source code after you made your changes to the patchclient?

You should have a working .exe file that you will placed within you flyff client folder
if you followed the guide right, I sadly didn't give this guide a 100% read over but I don't know if the guide holds your hand this much, I believe it's just common sense.

Edit: also don't forget the files need to be placed within the directory you told the patchclient.sln
PatchClient versioncommon
#define SERVER_ROOT "Patch/NeuroSpace/RESCLIENT" //
#define PATCHSEVER_URL "???????"//Domain/sub domain or IP address

IIS: My directory
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Patch\NeuroSpace\RESCLIENT

Nice guide ketchup good to see people are still sharing the smooth loading bar outside of another forum, I was getting sick of answering that question.

sorry if this still doesn't help at all, I'm just here wasting time.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
anyone know how to remove this

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do I use .png images? Transparent backgroundI've tried it and it's not visible.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to patch a non existing directory. I created a patch with Titanium with entry e.g. "2021-05-26 10:55a 0 test\test.txt". But the patcher on the client side can not patch the test.txt bacause the directory "test" does not exist.

I tried calling the "CreateDirectory" function ignoring the "bDir" property. But the missing directory isn't created. I have the feeling I have to add the folder as a separate patch entry in the list.txt manually, because I can not add a directory directly in Titanium 3.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
shouldn't it be as simple as adding a new folder into the folder before "NeuroSpace" and when you open titanium the folder will appear, double click it and should show the files inside allowing you to copy them over,
example on my folder layout
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Patch\NeuroSpace\RESCLIENT
I keep files/folders to patch inside the "patch" folder

as for the create folder function within the laucher source, I've tested and ran the function perfectly, the folder will be created upon the first time running the newly compiled patchclient.

sorry if this didn't help but let me know on your progress VIA PM if you want and I'll try to give you some further assistance.

☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score
hey guys i set this up all works no errors in patch list but problem is when i make a patch they just down download and i get no error
am i doing the titanium thing wrong?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
after you made your edits to the betapatchclient source you compiled it and placed it inside the working game client folder? if so and you run the patch program if a connection error occurs and error message should appear as for making the physical patch simply add your updated files to the correct folder open titanium select the files you wish to have patched into your game client and press save and compress, you will see the files inside the RESCLIENT with time stamps matching the internal clock on titanium if I recall correctly. once that is done simply run the patch program in the game client folder.

it's pretty hard to mess this up but sadly you haven't given us anything to go off of, Oh and lastly keep in mind I've not messed with FlyFF stuff in a long time so I'm just going off memory I could be dead butt wrong.

☺☺Just Ask The Pope☺☺
Reaction score
all i get in the patch log is this

06/03-17:35:24 Attempt to connect(xxx.xxx.xxx.x).
06/03-17:35:24 Connected
06/03-17:35:24 NeuroSpace/RESCLIENT/list.txt.gz, 0(th), 0bytes
06/03-17:35:24 NeuroSpace/RESCLIENT/list.txt.gz OK

like i said no error and nothing downloads ..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Is their a thread for the tutorial for the creation of the patcher?

getting lost in that part.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
edit the changes in 1., then just complie then copy the patcher.exe to client folder?

Back