How to make custom shops easily (__ADDSHOPITEM)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MemberRank
    May 2021 Join Date
    11Posts

Re: How to make custom shops easily (__ADDSHOPITEM)

Hi, I know this thread was posted a while back. I'm just new into this and just want to learn from scratch so I would really understand how everything communicate.

So I have a newb question, I found the versioncommon.h in each folder however I cant find the #define _server on NEUZ folder only #define _mainserver
    are those 2 the same? if not where I can put the #define _ADDSHOPITEM? should I add #define _server manually then #define __ADDSHOPITEM afterwards?

I would really appreciate anyone that can answer my stupid questions. Thanks :-)

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    LocalhostLocation
    2,008Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jsonic View Post
    Hi, I know this thread was posted a while back. I'm just new into this and just want to learn from scratch so I would really understand how everything communicate.

So I have a newb question, I found the versioncommon.h in each folder however I cant find the #define _server on NEUZ folder only #define _mainserver
    are those 2 the same? if not where I can put the #define _ADDSHOPITEM? should I add #define _server manually then #define __ADDSHOPITEM afterwards?

I would really appreciate anyone that can answer my stupid questions. Thanks :-)
    All u have to do is add

Code:
    #define __ADDSHOPITEM
    To:
    -> WorldServer/VersionCommon.h
    -> Neuz/VersionCommon.h
    Forum Contact: Click Here | Community Rules & Guidelines: Click Here

MemberRank
    May 2021 Join Date
    11Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup View Post
    All u have to do is add

Code:
    #define __ADDSHOPITEM
    To:
    -> Neuz/VersionCommon.h
    Thank you for your response, sir.
    So before I read this message I ended up leaving the Neuz and compile it, but I get this error "

I know that the fix is clearly written in the error message and been searching the internet for the fix but can't see any. btw, I'm using visual studio 2019.

PS: I'm adding the code #define __ADDSHOPITEM upon writing this message and will try again :-)

MemberRank
    May 2021 Join Date
    11Posts

All u have to do is add

Code:
    #define __ADDSHOPITEM
    To:
    -> Neuz/VersionCommon.h
    Thank you for your help, sir.
    So before I read your reply I ended up leaving to add the code: #define __ADDSHOPITEM on Neuz and follow all the steps provided, however upon compiling I got this error C1189

PS: I'm adding the code: #define __ADDSHOPITEM on Neuz right now and will try to recompile it.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I have already added the code: #define __ADDSHOPITEM to all necessary folders but I'm still getting these errors

I know that the fix is already given in the error list but I just don't know how to do it. I've been searching the internet to check some tuts on how but just can't find it. btw, I'm using a visual studio 2019 with cuvvies clean repack v3.1 on windows 10 pro. I don't know if it matters tho.

If someone have spare time to answer another newb question, it is much appreciated. :-)
    Last edited by jsonic; 18-05-21 at 04:28 AM. Reason: added ss of the error

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    LocalhostLocation
    2,008Posts

Thank you for your help, sir.
    So before I read your reply I ended up leaving to add the code: #define __ADDSHOPITEM on Neuz and follow all the steps provided, however upon compiling I got this error C1189

PS: I'm adding the code: #define __ADDSHOPITEM on Neuz right now and will try to recompile it.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I have already added the code: #define __ADDSHOPITEM to all necessary folders but I'm still getting these errors

I know that the fix is already given in the error list but I just don't know how to do it. I've been searching the internet to check some tuts on how but just can't find it. btw, I'm using a visual studio 2019 with cuvvies clean repack v3.1 on windows 10 pro. I don't know if it matters tho.

If someone have spare time to answer another newb question, it is much appreciated. :-)
    Why would you be using VS2003 files on VS2019 when these exist: https://forum.ragezone.com/f457/vs19...ested-1170442/
    Along with this guide: [FULL SETUP GUIDE] Ketchup VS2019 files - RaGEZONE - MMO development community

The issue is clearly your using an outdated source on a newer compiler. You either need to switch to what i posted above or completely upgrade the source from VS03 to VS19 manually lol.

MemberRank
    May 2021 Join Date
    11Posts

Why would you be using VS2003 files on VS2019 when these exist: https://forum.ragezone.com/f457/vs19...ested-1170442/
    Along with this guide: [FULL SETUP GUIDE] Ketchup VS2019 files - RaGEZONE - MMO development community

The issue is clearly your using an outdated source on a newer compiler. You either need to switch to what i posted above or completely upgrade the source from VS03 to VS19 manually lol.
    Oohhh I doubt that was the problem lol. xD
    Thanks again, sir. :-)

I think, I'm just gonna delete all these files and just download the ones from your thread.
    Guess VS2003 is so outdated that will hinder the server progress in the future, isn't it?

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    LocalhostLocation
    2,008Posts

Oohhh I doubt that was the problem lol. xD
    Thanks again, sir. :-)

I think, I'm just gonna delete all these files and just download the ones from your thread.
    Guess VS2003 is so outdated that will hinder the server progress in the future, isn't it?
    It's 18 years old and most of everything that's out is VS13+, VS19 being the latest and just about everyone moving to it.

It'll help you in the long run

MemberRank
    May 2021 Join Date
    11Posts

It's 18 years old and most of everything that's out is VS13+, VS19 being the latest and just about everyone moving to it.

It'll help you in the long run

Alrighty! Thankfully I find this info early that I have just started this.
    I do really appreciate your inputs, sir. :-)

MemberRank
    Nov 2019 Join Date
    23Posts

This is the error I'm receiving in Project.cpp any idea what I'm doing wrong? The "else if" is returning as an expected statement error

Last edited by RoxerZ; 19-10-21 at 11:47 AM.

True MemberRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    419Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoxerZ View Post

This is the error I'm receiving in Project.cpp any idea what I'm doing wrong? The "else if" is returning as an expected statement error

Change "else if" to "if".

MemberRank
    Nov 2019 Join Date
    23Posts

[IMG]][/IMG]

These are the new errors I'm getting if I change it to and If statement

True MemberRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    419Posts

[IMG]][/IMG]

These are the new errors I'm getting if I change it to and If statement
    I think the "else if" is correct. But you're placing the code in the wrong place. I'm not at my PC right now, so I can't check.
    Last edited by Groxy101; 19-10-21 at 03:30 PM.

MemberRank
    Nov 2019 Join Date
    23Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Groxy101 View Post
    I think the "else if" is correct. But you're placing the code in the wrong place. I'm not at my PC right jow, so I can't check.
    Alright, if you could get back to me later on I'd truly appreciate it! Thanks for help man, you rock!

True MemberRank
    Apr 2010 Join Date
    419Posts

Alright, if you could get back to me later on I'd truly appreciate it! Thanks for help man, you rock!
    You need to put it in CProject::LoadCharacter

MemberRank
    Nov 2019 Join Date
    23Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Groxy101 View Post
    You need to put it in CProject::LoadCharacter
    I've currently got this working thanks to you, but now I have a new problem lol! Please refer to this thread, I'd appreciate the help

https://forum.ragezone.com/f483/erro...ll-id-1133643/
    Last edited by RoxerZ; 20-10-21 at 10:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement