Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Source] Increase Bag-Pack space NOOB FRIENDLY

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's not a bug, if you increase the size of the field and/or raise the limit of items held, there will be performance costs as well as storage costs. It's easy to fix, but I wouldn't recommend storing that many items per character unless necessary/important.

Well, by bug, I simply mean the items disappearing on server restart. And yeah, I'm not surprised by any of that. I was merely explaining how to fix the bug, I didn't say there wouldn't be a cost to doing it lol even though I didn't know what it was.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The size of what should I increase in the database?
I can only find 3 columns, and I want to double the backpack space.
But I can't double the first column size, because it can't go over 8000.
What should I do?

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The size of what should I increase in the database?
I can only find 3 columns, and I want to double the backpack space.
But I can't double the first column size, because it can't go over 8000.
What should I do?

what you'd have to do is make duplicate column for each of them, and code the source to save half the items in the first set of columns and the other half in the second set.

Btw, even though I haven't done this, I know it's way more complicated than it seems.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
what you'd have to do is make duplicate column for each of them, and code the source to save half the items in the first set of columns and the other half in the second set.

Btw, even though I haven't done this, I know it's way more complicated than it seems.

Thanks, I'll try that. But it's a lot to code lol.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Apologize to Aspire if I said that this is useless, but when I tried it in my server. It became really useful but there's a problem about it when I gave the updates for it. Players who use xtra bag, their stuffs that inside the bag was lost everything. And now they are telling me to remove the update that I put and put back the last update (to remove the increase bag) so they will get their stuff in the bag they used.

Is there any solution to fix this problem to those players who lost their stuff in the bug, by adding this kind increase bag space?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Apologize to Aspire if I said that this is useless, but when I tried it in my server. It became really useful but there's a problem about it when I gave the updates for it. Players who use xtra bag, their stuffs that inside the bag was lost everything. And now they are telling me to remove the update that I put and put back the last update (to remove the increase bag) so they will get their stuff in the bag they used.

Is there any solution to fix this problem to those players who lost their stuff in the bug, by adding this kind increase bag space?

I think there's no way to get the items back because the backpack query was deleted.
Just fix the bug (read the other posts here) and give the items back manually.

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think there's no way to get the items back because the backpack query was deleted.
Just fix the bug (read the other posts here) and give the items back manually.

I might give back the items manually, but they can cheat at me for the items what they've lost in their bagpack.

:?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the tutorial, Aspire. Hopefully people won't have any problems following this since it is step-by-step :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the tutorial first.
I took over everything, including the 90.
When I logged in, everything went well and I was able to use the extra bags.
After restarting all items were gone.

2021/02/09 00:34:00
query:{call uspSavePocket( '01', '0000001', ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) }
SQLSTATE:22001 error:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Die Zeichenfolgedaten wurden rechts abgeschnitten
2021/02/09 00:41:29
query:{call uspSavePocket( '01', '0000001', ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) }
SQLSTATE:22001 error:[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Die Zeichenfolgedaten wurden rechts abgeschnitten

No more Help needed, i found the mistake :)!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
my surce doesn't have this file "pocket.h" how do i do it?I made the modification in the data base and in the itemDB, but the last slots are buggy.

Back