Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to start your development carrier

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi guys,

For new developers, i would like to give them some tips.

First, you can't start a server with a Pentuim and 1.5GB ram...
you need at last 2GB ram and a xeon/opteron CPU.

Next, you gotta Use SQL server 2012 Express if you are going to host on a dedicated, else, use anyversion an not below 2005.

then you gotta learn how to edit the resource;
you need to learn how to add pets, add new items, add new worlds and other, you will find them on the tutorial section, i wil ladd the links later;

Then learn the source, you need to learn C++ basics,then learn how Flyff's source is working, then try to make some little systems and then you're good to go.

I will update this post..

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
why express? use enterprise. it holds more data and ive found it interacts with the odbc alot quicker. i use 2005 enterprise (torrent + crack)**illegal**. as for a dedicated server for first timers that only can spend a few $$ on their host i suggest

dont gotta worry about bandwidth and it runs flyff easily its cheap too. if your planning on having more then 30 or so people i prob get

i can run flyff server,minecraft,and a runscape server all on that dedicated server with no lag in any of the games with having 30 people on the flyff, 6 on the mc, and 2 on the runscape at the same time. it has alot of room to grow.

Also i don't like to host my website on my dedicated server I use hostgator for that they have quality service. But you will have ot learn and figure out ot remote odbc connect and all that stuffies so it might just be easier to make a apache on the webhost. If you choose to go with apache be mindful its not that secure and you have to modify it and such.

anyone want to add to that let me know : P

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Can you teach me how to eat as well?

Honestly, you're only providing them common sense that anyone already should know. The source is coded in c++, their not dumb enough to think they have to learn java in order to read it then. Same goes for the rest, it's FlyFF structure. Simple as that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi guys,

for new server owners, i would like to give them some tips.

First, you can't start a server with a pentuim and 1.5gb ram...
You need at last 2gb ram and a xeon/opteron (overclocking a server? Did you get your knowledge from a cereal box or something?) cpu if neccesarly.

ftfy.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys,

For new developers, i would like to give them some tips.

you need at last 2GB ram and a Core CPU overlocked if neccesarly.

Next, you gotta Use SQL server 2012 Express if you are going to host on a dedicated, else, use anyversion an not below 2005.

then you gotta learn how to edit the resource;
you need to learn how to add pets, add new items, add new worlds and other, you will find them on the tutorial section, i wil ladd the links later;

Then learn the source, you need to learn C++ basics,then learn how Flyff's source is working, then try to make some little systems and then you're good to go.

I will update this post..

All you said was common sense just like what YyZz said. And this is not for a developer, this is for someone who wants to host or own one perhaps. Saying that "you gotta learn" bla bla bla, OFCOURSE they will! Lol.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How about...

#1 - Take 3years or more to learn proper C++ development practices
#2 - Use common sense

If you don't follow these two steps, your source code will be very buggy, unstable, and insecure. Just because it compiles and works when you try it doesn't mean its good or bug-free code.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
rly?

YXtrz - How to start your development carrier - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Trust your senses
Reaction score

Does your dedicated server run on a AMD FX Core? What company would sell that...? Xeons are better for performance though.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Trust your senses
Reaction score
i don't realy care ..

You don't care about getting optimal speeds for your server? Alright, then I suppose it is not necessary for your needs. I was just saying it isn't as good and that the hosting company you have will probably will be oriented on budget servers.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You don't care about getting optimal speeds for your server? Alright, then I suppose it is not necessary for your needs. I was just saying it isn't as good and that the hosting company you have will probably will be oriented on budget servers.

i don't need an xenon for less than 10 players XD
#delete request, better, this is epic fail ...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i don't need an xenon for less than 10 players XD
#delete request, better, this is epic fail ...
1) You are not a mod and using a # does not make you give orders or commands to the forum.
2) Yes this is a fail, you do not need an overclocked eight core CPU and 8GB of RAM for a server that does not even have 10 players.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
you need at last 2GB ram and a xeon/opteron CPU.

Yea you need at least 2GB ram. But about the CPU it doesn't matter.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So if I had a crappy single core Celeron (which I do), I'd be able to run a server w/ say quite a number of players online?
:mellow:
Yes, like 10 players online ^^

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
ive found that flyff servers are more reliant on ram then cpu usage. so i guess its possible. when i have 60 players online on mine the cpu usage is at like 2% and ram is at like 20% (8gb ram ddr3). just depends on what you do with your source :)

Back