Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a Rose Evolution server in 2017 (Newb friendly)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to make a Rose Evolution server (Newb friendly) [Links updated for 2020]

Hi all! After feeling nostalgic i wanted to setup a Rose server again. It turned out all those tutorials where outdated and the files long gone. After fiddling for an hour i successfully created my server. Now i want to share with you all the easy way to setup a Rose server in simple, clear steps:

Step 1: Download the server files:

Step 2: Download the client:

Step 3: Download and install the latest version of XAMPP:

Step 4: Download and install HeidiSQL:

Step 5: Extract Evolution Server.rar somewhere on your harddisk

Step 6: Turn on the XAMPP control panel and activate MySQL.

Step 7: Use HeidiSQL to connect to your MySQL server (By default with usename root and an empty password).

Step 8: Create a new database called rose and open it

Step 9: Click 'tools' and then 'Load sql file'

Step 10: Go to the folder you extracted Evolution Server.rar into, then the folder Database and select Evolution.sql as the file you want to import.

Step 11: After the sql file is loaded click 'Run' to execute it.

Step 12: Now go to the Binary folder in the Evolution Server folder.

Step 13: You will have to edit the files charserver.conf, loginserver.conf and worldserver.conf in exactly the same way: Set the database entries with your mysql password (empty by default) and the database name (rose if you followed my tut). In serverdata change the serverip and lanip to your ip adress. If you want to play locally change them both to 127.0.0.1 .

Step 14: Run Charserver.exe, LoginServer.exe and WorldServer.exe.

Step 15: Extract the client you downloaded in step 2 (Rose evo 434.rar) somewhere.

Step 16: Create a bat file in the folder 'Evolution Test Client' with the following in it:
TRose.exe @trigger_SOFT@ _server 127.0.0.1
(Note that if you don't play locally you should edit that 127.0.0.1 to your server ip).

Step 17: Open the game using the bat file you just created.Now you should be able to log in via the default GM account:
Username: Test
Password: test
(Note that the password is without any capitals)

A few useful GM commands you can use ingame:

/go # - Teleport to some location. Instead of '#' you should type the number of the place you want to teleport to. For example; /go 2 teleports you to Zant and /go 3 to Junon Polis. If you type /go without anything, you will see a list of places to teleport to, with their respective numbers.

/level # - Levelup. The number you put behind it decides how many levels you go up.

/givezuly character amount - With this command you can give yourself, or someone else, zulies (ingame money). If you would want to give the user Ramzi 1000 zulies, you would have to type it this way: /givezuly Ramzi 1000

/class classname - Change your class. If you would want to become a Cleric, you would type:
/class Cleric

I am very happy to answer questions and help out if something doesn't work, but i cannot help you with portforwarding as every router is different. (Note that this whole problem will not occur if you run this locally)

Links have been updated for 2020!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: How to make a Rose Evolution server in 2017 (Newb frendly)

Thank you, nice share!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Re: How to make a Rose Evolution server in 2017 (Newb frendly)

Thank you. I found this guide to be very straight forward/helpful.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a slight problem, server and client is up and running just except one thing, the first quest that the little fairy tells you to visit the town chief isn't working, for all I know none of the quests are working.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
First of all I wanna thank you for your effort in making this guide. You're absolutly right..99,99% of all the rose server related links on forums are all dead/broken or completly outdated.

I got problems at step 10. I located the .sql, but I cannot import it. I can see the "import" button, but it's light grey. I hope you get what I mean.

Step 10: Go to the folder you extracted Evolution Server.rar into, then the folder Database and select Evolution.sql as the file you want to import.

Any chance you can help me on that?

Best regards

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good Day :)

how to solve this problem........
"Check Fail TriggerVFS.Dll:-1590253202"
thank's

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Little Princess i resolved the issue. I just deleted the "TriggerVFS" and change new "TriggerVFS" it will pop up when you build a start.bat file and run it will error..... now its okay hehehehehe thank's :)
deemster thank's 4 sharing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello Little Princess i resolved the issue. I just deleted the "TriggerVFS" and change new "TriggerVFS" it will pop up when you build a start.bat file and run it will error..... now its okay hehehehehe thank's :)
@deemster thank's 4 sharing

Following the guide I am not near any of that. I am stuck at point 10.

That's how it looks.

Any suggestions?
Sorry, I am really a newbie...:sleep:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@LittlePrincess GooD Day :) hmmmmm you can use "Navicat Lite, Pro and etc..." it's user friendly thrfore a easy to use for database hehehe... im using it to run the game and it GOOD hope you can play now hahahahaha God Bless.....

I downloaded HeidiSQL portable but it's so slow to import the sql T_T that's why i used Navicat

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a lot man.

It's running right now.
Any chance you got an item list? So I can give myself items?

I figured out that there is a command: /item [id] [type] [amt] [ref] [socket] [stats]

What ist type meaning? Can you make a full running example?

And how do I create a new account for my server?
The GM accound is working perfectly. Just wanna create a "normal" account

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi, nice to greet you

Step 12: Now go to the Binary folder in the Evolution Server folder.
Step 13: You will have to edit the files charserver.conf, loginserver.conf and worldserver.conf in exactly the same way: Set the database entries with your mysql password (empty by default) and the database name (rose if you followed my tut). In serverdata change the serverip and lanip to your ip adress. If you want to play locally change them both to 127.0.0.1 .
Step 14: Run Charserver.exe, LoginServer.exe and WorldServer.exe.

I am entangled in these steps. I do not know what to do, I appreciate your help

thank you for this great contribution...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
100% hhhahaha..

Thanks a lot man.

It's running right now.
Any chance you got an item list? So I can give myself items?

Item list is located in STB ^_^ files just extract the it in vfs and open stb using stb editor
I figured out that there is a command: /item [id] [type] [amt] [ref] [socket] [stats]
You can download full GMlist command for evo just find it here in rz
What ist type meaning? Can you make a full running example?

And how do I create a new account for my server?
you can creat your account in database just convert the password in md5 format :)
The GM accound is working perfectly. Just wanna create a "normal" account
normal account right must be 100

there is a different type of account by access level rights gm1/2/3 and so on admins.
btw anyone need help and ask question about rose devs just PM me :) i will answer all your question related in rose devs irose or evo.

Back