Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to make a Rose Evolution server in 2017 (Newb friendly)

Reaction score
Can anyone can re upload the client please?

deemster - How to make a Rose Evolution server in 2017 (Newb friendly) - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all!

After feeling nostalgic i wanted to setup a Rose server again. It turned out all those tutorials where outdated and the files long gone. After fiddling for an hour i successfully created my server. Now i want to share with you all the easy way to setup a Rose server in simple, clear steps:

Step 1: Download the server files:
Step 2: Download the client:
Step 3: Download and install the latest version of XAMPP: Step 4: Download and install HeidiSQL:
Step 5: Extract Evolution Server.rar somewhere on your harddisk
Step 6: Turn on the XAMPP control panel and activate MySQL.
Step 7: Use HeidiSQL to connect to your MySQL server (By default with usename root and an empty password).
Step 8: Create a new database called rose and open it
Step 9: Click 'tools' and then 'Load sql file'
Step 10: Go to the folder you extracted Evolution Server.rar into, then the folder Database and select Evolution.sql as the file you want to import.
Step 11: After the sql file is loaded click 'Run' to execute it.
Step 12: Now go to the Binary folder in the Evolution Server folder.
Step 13: You will have to edit the files charserver.conf, loginserver.conf and worldserver.conf in exactly the same way: Set the database entries with your mysql password (empty by default) and the database name (rose if you followed my tut). In serverdata change the serverip and lanip to your ip adress. If you want to play locally change them both to 127.0.0.1 .
Step 14: Run Charserver.exe, LoginServer.exe and WorldServer.exe.
Step 15: Extract the client you downloaded in step 2 (Rose evo 434.rar) somewhere.
Step 16: Create a bat file in the folder 'Evolution Test Client' with the following in it:
TRose.exe @trigger_SOFT@ _server 127.0.0.1
(Note that if you don't play locally you should edit that 127.0.0.1 to your server ip).

Step 17: Open the game using the bat file you just created.

Now you should be able to log in via the default GM account:
Username: Test
Password: test
(Note that the password is without any capitals)

A few useful GM commands you can use ingame:

/go # - Teleport to some location. Instead of '#' you should type the number of the place you want to teleport to. For example; /go 2 teleports you to Zant and /go 3 to Junon Polis. If you type /go without anything, you will see a list of places to teleport to, with their respective numbers.

/level # - Levelup. The number you put behind it decides how many levels you go up.

/givezuly character amount - With this command you can give yourself, or someone else, zulies (ingame money). If you would want to give the user Ramzi 1000 zulies, you would have to type it this way: /givezuly Ramzi 1000

/class classname - Change your class. If you would want to become a Cleric, you would type:
/class Cleric

I am very happy to answer questions and help out if something doesn't work, but i cannot help you with portforwarding as every router is different. (Note that this whole problem will not occur if you run this locally)
#2 files is missing >.<

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how to get the missions to work and especially to change the first and second class please and

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Re: How to make a Rose Evolution server (Newb friendly) [Links updated for 2020]

hi the tutorial is nice and it works, but can you tell me how can i make another person (client) join my game and how can i make account for them,
my computer is connected to another computer via ethernetcable so we play a lot of lan games together, so what can i do for the other computer to join my server?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thx OP. Everything was easily set up and running. Got some good nostalgia out of it

Back