Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Mobs overspawning

SGA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I'm running a BR based server with 2GS but the server which is running Jangan Cave is always spawning more than 50k mobs so it reaches max possible.
When I launch the server first everything is normal npc count is 25,000 so it's ok but it is increasing with 1000 every hour and after like 24hrs it reaches the max possible so I have to restart the game othervise mobs are starting to disappear.
Do you have an idea why this may happen?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Just decrease the amount of mobs.

You can try something like that

UPDATE dbo.Tab_RefNest SET dwMaxTotalCount=dwMaxTotalCount/2 WHERE dwMaxTotalCount >1

Upvote 0

SGA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
did even if I set it to 1x it's normal first but after like 20~24hrs it goes up
sometimes going up is stopping and I noticed that while it is going up server is spamming this message msg is not completely used : IP:95.141.37.98 Req:0x004C (0x0000) (MsgType:7), 3 - 3

I think it is spawning multimple times the same mob, already onle one area is running and it is jangan cave so it shouln't be a problem

2O2xL06 - Mobs overspawning - RaGEZONE Forums

as you can see it is increasing slowly, every 5 sec +20~30 mobs so after 15~20hrs it reaches 50000

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
95.141.37.98 is your server ip?
if not then maybe someone exploiting you.

anyway this query should help you.
UPDATE dbo.Tab_RefNest SET dwMaxTotalCount=dwMaxTotalCount/2 WHERE dwMaxTotalCount >1

Upvote 0

SGA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes I did thinked the same thing but sadly it's mine ip :(
I'm getting crazy this happens only in the region where Chin's tomb is running.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So something wrong with spawning time.

try to check the original lines spawn mobs in this area and restore it back.

Maybe someone edited something wrong

Upvote 0

SGA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and from time to time this message is stopping and everything goes back to normal
qSP83cc - Mobs overspawning - RaGEZONE Forums

UhCTrod - Mobs overspawning - RaGEZONE Forums

as you can see it is not increasing anymore but just after few mins both message and increasing the number of mobs is starting again :(

What do I have to restore _RefNest?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0

SGA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
and this query won't effect things like spawning of uniq mobs right? UPDATE dbo.Tab_RefNest SET dwMaxTotalCount=dwMaxTotalCount/2 WHERE dwMaxTotalCount >1
as I can see it is decreasing the number of the mobs to half

Upvote 0

SGA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Didn't understand so it may make some uniques don't spawn at all or not as I can see not since uniques are only one and this can decrease to 1 max but still I want to make sure :)

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I think all Uniques got the count 1 there for i made the query to avoid one and start after that,

Dude just take a backup or test it at your local server

Upvote 0

SGA

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know that I asked too much questions but do you know if _RefNest of vsro files is compatiable with br? I think id's of the mobs should be same in both files.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I didn't use BR files so i nothing know about it but it should be same as vsro.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok first of all that number that your looking at is not the actuall number of mobs in the game , that is a total of monster , NPC's , and other animate objects in the game anything that has a .char referance is added into that total , as for limiting the monsters that easy fix , just go to your Server.cfg and scroll down next to the bottem and you will see this >
DO_NOT_SPAWN_MONSTER_OVER_MAX_SERVICE_LEVEL "OFF"
ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_GAME_WORLD_ASSIGNED "OFF"

just set the values to > ON
save and exit , reboot server and you will be good to go

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
ok first of all that number that your looking at is not the actuall number of mobs in the game , that is a total of monster , NPC's , and other animate objects in the game anything that has a .char referance is added into that total , as for limiting the monsters that easy fix , just go to your Server.cfg and scroll down next to the bottem and you will see this >
DO_NOT_SPAWN_MONSTER_OVER_MAX_SERVICE_LEVEL "OFF"
ENTER_LIMIT_CONDITION_GAME_WORLD_ASSIGNED "OFF"

just set the values to > ON
save and exit , reboot server and you will be good to go

Does that actually help?

Upvote 0
Back