Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine]

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Kinda big so I left it going, RZ was unavailable to me this morning, so it isn't until this evening that I could post the link. ;)

Reaction score
Original installer unknown version (392mb) the PTGameD.exe file was created 3rd may 2007:

RAR'd one from http://magicgame.biz/games/Laxelore/ Version 1.0.337 (708mb) the PtGameD.exe file was created 15th may 2008
(Split over 5 Rar's (~150mb ea)
Part1:
Part2:
Part3:
Part4:
Part5:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Okay... it's uploading now, I'll leave that going over night as it's a big file.

The final install should be v1.20.537 dated Dec 2008... which is interesting as the update link you point to is referring to 01.01.00x in Jun 2010. -.^

Hmm,Funny you should say that,found a chinese screen shot(early 2008) that says version 1.09.10...

[click to enlarge]
bobbman - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow! I think the shader effect on the grass would be more appropriate for water TBH. XD I'm glad that one is gone in LotROL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow! I think the shader effect on the grass would be more appropriate for water TBH. XD I'm glad that one is gone in LotROL

Yes its good that its gone from lotro.Thats a shader effect?That looks to me like a couple of alpha planes lazily layered on each other.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hard to see without it animating, but I think it's a ripple shader, because it seems to be distorting her feet as well as the grass they are standing on.

You can see this with "distance blur" shaders sometimes (the ones that simulate the focal length of a camera, or human eye to cover up low quality textures in distant terrain) around the fringes of near (un-blurred) objects, like trees and rooftops.

Because shaders currently affect entire 2D surface, and is then applied to that surface through an alpha mask, blurring and distortion effects (as opposed to HDR, brightness, hue or saturation style "fix in place" effects) can "pull in" bits of the image from areas beyond the overlay "mask".

(I've done a little bit of shader 2.0 experimentation with Oblivion mods.)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hard to see without it animating, but I think it's a ripple shader, because it seems to be distorting her feet as well as the grass they are standing on.

You can see this with "distance blur" shaders sometimes (the ones that simulate the focal length of a camera, or human eye to cover up low quality textures in distant terrain) around the fringes of near (un-blurred) objects, like trees and rooftops.

Because shaders currently affect entire 2D surface, and is then applied to that surface through an alpha mask, blurring and distortion effects (as opposed to HDR, brightness, hue or saturation style "fix in place" effects) can "pull in" bits of the image from areas beyond the overlay "mask".

(I've done a little bit of shader 2.0 experimentation with Oblivion mods.)

Oh,I didnt quite notice her feet(its a bit unnoticeable).That is indeed an odd place for that distortion effect.Thank you for the lesson,always had a vague idea how post process effects/frame buffer effects/frame manipulation(what ever else you programmer guys call it.) but now you pretty much confirmed to me its real time photoshopping.Though I didnt think when a 3d object distorts another is that the entire frame(or maybe I misunderstood and its only applied to the surface of that specific object?) is distorted then a alpha mask is applied to make it seem like only a section is affected.

(sorry for the ton of text)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys its been a while.Seems they put up a new client on its official site.Iam downloading as I speak.Iam gonna go an give it a try.I wonder how many ppl are still interested in laxelore still.Seems they are finally going to open.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

It seems the date for the opening test is on the 26th of this month.I already donwloaded the client so Iam good to go.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Mirror for the client

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
New clients have everything packed in .pkg files... someone would like to write app to open it? ;)

PS. I am not sure what goal LL have but it's looking less and less like PT.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Is it a Laxe client, or a Legend of the Ring client? AFAIK Laxe Lore is defunct, and it's code has been recycled into LotR-OL, who's goal is to distance it's self as much as possible from the PT heritage of Laxe.

--- EDIT ---
Oh! Yea, .pkg files, should be easy to work out a script to handle them.

Typically most MMOs are using some form of "packaging" (like archives) now, and of course developers like Westwood Studios (.pak files from as early as Dune II), ID (Quake .mdk / Doom .wad etc), Blizzard (.mpq) and Bethesda (.bsa) have always been around.

Most people think this is to "hide" data from users, and for Blizzard that was one reason... however, Blizzard have come to embrace MPQ modders, especially with Diablo II and Warcraft III, and Bethesda have always recommended Elder Scrolls modders to extract the .bsa archives, and now recommend mod makers pack up their mods data into them too.

The real reason is that light decompression, and avoiding Windows file system unindexed searching for file names usually produces more optimal loading times while playing than relying on the Windows file system cache and reading uncompressed data down the IDE (or SATA or what-ever) line during play.

Remember... thinking low-level, as any video game programmer should, accessing the hard disk isn't just slower than accessing RAM, it also creates interrupt requests, and takes up DMA handles. This will stop any hardware access by the graphics card to memory (because the IDE / SATA / Firewire / SCSI controller has to have sole access at that time) and will also force a slow "context change", because the drivers controlling the external storage (hard disk, CD, even a solid state drive or USB thumb-drive) are Ring 0 privileged code run as part of the kernel.

Context switches are bahd! (slow) Context switches to access slow devices are really bahd! So you keep them to a minimum. :wink:

If your game can keep the entire archive set in memory, like a compressed RAM disk that bypasses the OS entirely after the initial load, you are laughing. But even if you can only generate an in-memory database of real files, and offsets within them at which actual file data is located, you can keep the handles open for all the archives (avoiding the need to FindFirstFile(), FindNextFile() repeatedly until a match is found or a "not found" error is returned... and that is slow on most OS / file systems) and won't have to read the index of the archive again during game action.

Simple "Deflate" (zip), LZH, or even RLE decompression is relatively fast, compared to loading largely redundant (repeating, or predictably changing) data directly from disk. And if you can keep global "dictionary(s)" in memory as well, the read and decompress time of methods like Deflate and LZH / LZO becomes very very fast indeed by comparison to reading uncompressed.

In fact, slow media loading times was one of the original arguments for compressing executables, especially when they where likely to be read from floppy discs, CDs or across a network. (but also because ATA hard disks where so much slower than even 33mhz EDO RAM :lol:)

This is where PKLite, (from the same people who invented PK-Zip which used to "own" the .zip file format via patent) ComPac (for DOS .COM files only) and PEtite (one of the first to handle 32-bit Windows executables) came in. And most of DR-DOS (from Digital Research) utilities, from version 5 onwards where packed with PKLite.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it a Laxe client, or a Legend of the Ring client? AFAIK Laxe Lore is defunct, and it's code has been recycled into LotR-OL, who's goal is to distance it's self as much as possible from the PT heritage of Laxe.

I instinctively called it laxelore but I meant legend of the rings online.A new test is to start at 26th but they dont seem to mention how long it will last if not just for that day.In that case I wouldnt be surprised as that company seems to prefer tests ranging from 3 days to like a week.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Anyway the most important things are sniffs ;), so if u can provide some then is ez can look for comm/encryption routines & also begin to make sandboxes ;)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hasnt come out yet, It 12:36am in china or something like that atm.Just wanted to share one of those shots(on their website) that made me go wtf.
bobbman - Laxe Lore [aka modified Priston Tale engine] - RaGEZONE Forums

Reaction score
wow that game looks so PT-like, but better graphics, cool.
That's the same rabbit on a well known private server, dunno If I can say it, so I wont.

TLOTR looks like a new game I will be trying out :D

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I see no rabbit. o_O And it's looking more and more WoW like to me.

ESO is the most PT like MMO I've played in a long time.
Pet system is very different, but the "clean family fun for all ages" feel and slightly Manga character style is more like PT than even PT2. (2nd Enigma)

I spoke to the Perfect World PServer folks about setting up a PServer for this, and they tell me their servers can wipe all the existing Perfect World maps, quests, monsters, NPCs etc, and apply all the ESO maps, quests, weapons and monsters... but they can't use ESO on a PW server... and you would loose some things like pet system and maybe some skills would still be different or so.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see no rabbit. o_O And it's looking more and more WoW like to me.

ESO is the most PT like MMO I've played in a long time.
Pet system is very different, but the "clean family fun for all ages" feel and slightly Manga character style is more like PT than even PT2. (2nd Enigma)

I ran ether saga on of my crappier pc(celeron d/radeon x1300) At max resolution all effects on and still ran at 60 fps.I was impressed how well it ran with all the action going on screen.
Also bob u dont see the rabbit?

Its in the middle and its pink with yellow robe, it was the highest lvl enemy is laxelore.I used to hog the rabit spawn all to myself(for many hours) that ppl started challenging me to a duel for it.Unfortunately for them despite being one of the most unknown person in the server I was most likely one of the strongest(if not the most strongest) on the server.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Oh... the ant with bat-wing ears is a rabbit! O.O

Yea. ESO is quite a nice little game. Not too hard, not to resource hungry and absolutely no blood and gore. Very child safe. (one of the great things about games like PT and Maple Story that is lacking in many modern MMOs)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I might be wrong but therer seems to be a middleman now.The server is up but I cant log in.I think u have to register to a chinese forum and have enough currency in that forum to get a registration code.Like I said I might be wrong but this seems to be the case.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Last "open beta" you only needed to provide your Chinese Social Security number on the registration page on their web site and a login was authorised.

I managed to get one of these and log in, but didn't dare "speak" because I can only speak "English", and that would rather give the game away.

All the quests and guides are in Chinese, and no amount of "on-line translator" is going to help me with that. XD

I somehow managed to get to about level 5 without the slightest idea what I was doing, or upsetting anyone. Which I thought was pretty good.

The server was also only up for 6 hrs a day, and they are hours that suit Chinese players... so pretty much between 11pm and 5am here. XD

They could easily "Geo-locate" your IP too. If they really wanted to be "picky".

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Last "open beta" you only needed to provide your Chinese Social Security number on the registration page on their web site and a login was authorised.

I managed to get one of these and log in, but didn't dare "speak" because I can only speak "English", and that would rather give the game away.

All the quests and guides are in Chinese, and no amount of "on-line translator" is going to help me with that. XD

I somehow managed to get to about level 5 without the slightest idea what I was doing, or upsetting anyone. Which I thought was pretty good.

The server was also only up for 6 hrs a day, and they are hours that suit Chinese players... so pretty much between 11pm and 5am here. XD

They could easily "Geo-locate" your IP too. If they really wanted to be "picky".

I actually did all that but I weas refering to one of the "news" messages I did a google translate on.It says u need to sign up with some website to get a beta invite from them.Other wise yeah the orginal method for the 1st beta was make an account, then make a subaccount for the game you want to play.Thats not working for me.(making the sub account, it says lord of the rings sewrver is not up in any region).If they did an ip-block u wouldnt be able to log in either,no?

EDIT:Some other chinese site that I google translated says that you simply input your account password directly as it cannot be changed(remember how I said it nolonger lets me make a subaccount).I guess Iam just trying at the wrong time.

Last edited:
Back