Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[EP7] Help!!! Internet Connection Error!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good day, me again:junglejane:

I bulit a Server in a VM, have tried to use LAN IP and Radmin virtual IP in Server cfg, and both of two scenarios work fine without any error.

I'm facing a problem when connecting to Server
I use a physical PC as Client and use autopatch launcher to open game.exe
Unluckily, there's no server show on the server-list and an error msg pops up >> Internet Connection Error! Do you want to quit RAN?
please see the picture below.

I've checked param.ini, disabled the Windows Firewall, tried to PING server from client, everything seems correct/works.

Could anyone give me some suggestion please?

kyle2655 - [EP7] Help!!! Internet Connection Error! - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
In your VM put seetings to Loopback internet cnnection adapter to - BRIDGED Network and from the DHCP of the router put a static LAN ip to the MAC of the VM! and use this ip ..

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In your VM put seetings to Loopback internet cnnection adapter to - BRIDGED Network and from the DHCP of the router put a static LAN ip to the MAC of the VM! and use this ip ..

Thanks for your reply.
I've tried to change VM NIC from NAT to Bridge and enable Loopback, gave it a static LAN IP.
CFGs and Param.ini revised as new IP, but the problem still not solved, same error msg ...

By the way, your CS1.6 server looks insane, I owned one about 10 years ago, NICE!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
delete all network adapters and add one defualt bridged connection delete loopback no need staticlc ip need router LAN ip to be sett up 192.168 .... try it gotta works with the router LAN DHCP ... also in the VM with the server type in cmd ipconfig to see do the ip is right .. thats must helps

btw thanks for that for my servers but my servers s*cks my CS Edition RullZ :D

also: can you connect from the VM to the server ?
Also: can you try change your server port ?
Also more: i see a lot of topics with this error by another users: for example: https://forum.ragezone.com/f748/internet-connection-error-quit-ran-1179384/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The below is my environment,
VM : Ran EP7 Server
PC : Client

I did try to use LAN IP 192.168.X.X from DHCP from router but still the same.

I think it might not the VM network adapter issue since I used the same scenario to build EP3 and worked fine.

Also tried to change server port, and set the param.ini by using nPort but nothing changed.

Pretty sure the VM IP is correct, checked by ipconfig, ICMP, and I even use RDP to manage my VM by connecting to LAN IP, so ... The IP should be correct and reachable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
-i guest you also open your login port 5001
maybe your login port is the issue

-try this port 5024 on your login config and on your nport give it just a try

Upvote 0
Computers are fast; programmers keep it slow.
[VIP] Member
Reaction score
Try adding Ports that is set on your CFG and/or allowing all the 4 Server Files on your Firewall.

To quickly debug, try using PortListener and set the Port to the Ports that your server files is using (in this case maybe 5001 etc..)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found the problem ... it's port issue like you guys said.
No matter I set what number by the nPort in Param.ini, my client only use 2689 port to connect to server, I checked it by tools
Now I can connect to Server if I change the LoginServer port to 2689 ... but it's no sense
Seems the port on my client is locked and can't be changed, any idea guys ??

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No matter I set what number by the nPort in Param.ini, my client only use 2689 port to connect to server, I checked it by tools
Now I can connect to Server if I change the LoginServer port to 2689 ... but it's no sense

Try checking its source, maybe the port is static.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same error. How did you figure out your client only uses 2689 port?

Upvote 0
Back