Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Dedicated Server

Reaction score
Well as you see in the topic tittle its "Dedicated Server" so obviously its about Dedicated Servers for gaming use. I dont know much about this thing and how it works. We're planning to order one but we have no idea which one game servers (there are hundreds of game dedicated servers). If you have some idea please let me know. I'll post the updates later on. By the way, we will a host a Ran Server and etc. Need to have a team for this project. The Domain, the Host, and the Game Server - these things will be settled then afterwards. Right now i need to know where to order a Game Dedicated Server. If you want to collaborate with us (with my friend) just message or reply in this thread. We will start on Ran Online.

Who Joined: - Updating -

thetsuya
lourence8
nagato

Im gonna make a temporary Forum for this development.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its in US. we're trying to contact IPS ( Invision Power Service ) coz we are already a member there and we have a dedicated server from IPS. I dont know if they can host a game coz basically they just host Websites and Forums. But will try to contact them. If they wont agree or they really dont host games so i guess the last option will be GS ( i wont post here the link of GS).

- Edited -

I would like to ask Sir Smarkies about having a dedicated server. Just to make sure. So Sir Smarkies, if i would purchase a dedicated server do i need to send them the server files specifically to the technicians of that site or i will just upload the files to the cpanel of my dedicated server. Im just confused. Coz we already have our Dedi Server from IPS.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you do not send them anything
you get remote desktop to their pc
start > programs > accessoires > communications > remote desktop

then you connect to their pc by using IP and pass
you will use the pc like if you were right there, to transfer data need use appache or upload at web sites then download at remote pc

PS : Do not take a pc that got less than 10 mbps line speed and less than 4 cores otherwise you're throwing your money away
VERY IMPORTANT : A RAN SERVER NEEDS 2.4 GHZ PER CORE AT LEAST TO RUN STABLE WITH OVER 30 PLAYERS!!

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Ok i got your point. Thanks Jolin. If you dont mind. What host or which host your in this time. Just PM it if u dont want to post here the link.

About the spec: How about this?

# CPU: Pentium 4 2.4Ghz
# RAM: 1GB
# HDD: 2 x 80GB
# Bandwidh: 1400GB/month

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
the specs are ok up to ONE
the RAM it should be at least 2 Gb but careful
1 Gb DDR ram : 1 Gb
1 Gb DDR2 ram : 2 Gb

best : 2 Gb DDR2 ram
"ok" : 2 Gb DDR ram
but lower won't work
the specs there are enough for 300 players if the net speed is right

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Thanks for all this info's Jolin. Your really a big help. So i can connect to my dedicated server with the use of Remote desktop and to connect i need to have the ip (which they will be given) and also the pass. So i guess that ends my confusion.

Need to wait from thetsuya.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, The host is ready. All we need to do is to discuss the editing. Server Files that need to be send to the Host.

@Thetsuya - SMF is good. How about the type of forum E-games used? Coz i just want to have it simple (invisionfree).

So i guess we will build a team for this. So we have thetsuya, lourence for some of the editing. How about the editing of the executables?

E-games forum are using SMF, and about invisionfree its not free forum software, we need to get license to host it, just like this forum its Vbullentin. and about the server editing let laurence and me do that if laurence agree! Question, so how about the web domain hosting?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
just a suggestion,

possibly you guys already know the rumor about EP4 files, if you can start up your server with those files it might be better cause it is the latest

Upvote 0
Reaction score
E-games forum are using SMF, and about invisionfree its not free forum software, we need to get license to host it, just like this forum its Vbullentin. and about the server editing let laurence and me do that if laurence agree! Question, so how about the web domain hosting?
Nah you misunderstood me. i know Invision Power Board. And i know how to install and modify it either. What im trying to say is the invisionfree forum. Its free and theres no need to install such things. But i prefer we use SMF or maybe you want it PHP Nuke Evolution. About the web hosting if ur online i'll contact you in YM. Its all set.

@ larelle - i reall wish we can get those files (ep4)

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't have them yet
and when I have I won't share because I pay for it
max I could do is sell back
or let ppl rent ep4 server from me

Upvote 0
Quit
Loyal Member
Reaction score
awkie... its ur choice..... i can afford 1400$ but i dont want to waste my money just for that files....

ran development now is so slow hahays...

Upvote 0
Back