Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help About My Files]How can i make a back-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Help here ragezoners....can y help me how can i back-up my files?
what i mean is for all my registered players in my server and about their accounts and characters lvl and everything bout that....how can i make a back-up of it?
like for example im going to reformat my pc "my ran server pc"...how can u back up all the files bout that?
so i dont need to register them again and to avoid the lost of datas about their characters...:spam_lase

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. Launch SQL Server Management Studio Express
2. Right click your Database (eg. RanGame1, RanLog, RanUser & Ranshop)
3. Click on Task > Backup
4. Backup Database window will appear. Press Ok.

Done...

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data

and save it to any safe directory or another disk partition and attach it again after cleaning all your data.

Upvote 0
Retired Developer
Reaction score
so here a programm i use for autobackup my whole db
you can setup it for upload on ftp or backup in local computer
it can be setup everyday or whatever you want

i just finish the upload you will found the prog in my rapidshare folder

SQL server backup v.1.2.1418

this programm is really usefull for all dev who host game server using mssql

SQL Server Backup is a backup and restore tool for Microsoft SQL Server. The wizard lets you backup and restore SQL Server database to local harddisk or remote network drive. It enables you to restore the database with a new name or move the database files to a new location
Features of SQL Server Backup

• Multi SQL Server instance supports
• Restore database to point of failure
• Restore sql database to a point in time
• Customize recovery completion state : recovery , no recovery , read only access
• Step by step restore database
• Online sql backup of MS SQL Server databases without interrupting running MS SQL Server services
• Database Full backup and differential backup , transaction log backup supports.
• Data compression supports.
• Data encryption supports.
• SQL Backup to local harddisk , USB removable disk or Remote network driver ect .
• Restore database with a new database name.
• Force to replace the existing database and its related files .
• Restore (Move) database files to new location.
• Multi-task run on the same time.
• Job running methods: demand and schedule.
• Detail working log records.
• Microsoft Windows Task Scheduler integration.
• Detail working log records.
• E-Mail notification.When you create a SQL backup or restore job ,you can specify who will receive a notificaton email after the job is complete, this mail records detail information that generated in the course of job running.
• Reinstall our program,you can Import job records from backup sets.
• Auto clean job records
• Auto clean log files
• Automatically backup ms sql by scheduled jobs
• Auto delete aged backup files generated by scheduled jobs
• Simple and easy to use

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@smarkies and magenik
thnx for advise and help sir...ill try that both ^_^

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data

and save it to any safe directory or another disk partition and attach it again after cleaning all your data.

what would be the name of the back-up file?cause i try it and when i look at C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data i cant see the file that i back-up sample RanGame1...i cant seem to see that name there?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i think it is in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup folder, there you can find the backup files named Rangame1.bak, RanUser.bak, Ranlog.bak if u already made a backup task of the four files in sql and the ranshop.bak can be found in the randata folder where u put it, maybe in your c:\randata or d:\randata its up to u where u put it when creating ur server. btw upon doing the backup task u can select or create a folder by yourself to be the destination folder of the *.bak files

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did what u said sir caliberx but i cant see the Rangame1.bak, RanUser.bak, Ranlog.bak in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Backup folder the folder is still empty..maybe i did wrong in making bak-up of the files...can anyone instruct me the right procedure to do this...?thx in adance ^_^

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
did you follow the instruction from lastiko?, u may read it again carefully and it should be like the pic that i attached. it is very impt. that u have a copy of that files before u reformat/re-install ur sql coz u should put it back there where it was when doing the Restore Task.
hope this help...

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i did the instruction of lastiko but i cant seem to see the file that i back-up

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back