Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Cannot put RV on some items like Desolate and Celestial Sets

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys, I am new to Ran Development (I migrated from Tantra Online).

I am trying to put RVs on high level items like Desolate Set, Celestial Set, Azure Weapons and etc2.

The only items I can put RV on are level 195 items and below (except sets).

I already explored everything in my glogic/glogicserver and searched the entire forum for a solution, unfortunately my problem is still unsolved.

Is someone kind enough to help me with this? I am using Ran Urban files (from this forum)
Also I have found out that the items that cannot be put with RV has '0 Gold' price.

I cannot also seem to find or adjust the price cost when doing RV on all items.

Thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
welcome to another hell, haha!check the keyword "max RV Hahahaha! 7-16-2017" under GLCharactorReq.cpp to fix this problem.the original author has fixed the max RV to prevent hack, not a very good idea. (sorry for who coded this)eg. if ( pInvenItem->sItemCustom.GETOptVALUE(EMR_OPT_ATTACK_VOL) >= 101 )//attack direct value - Ocram Networksu will know what to do about the fixed value 101ah, i just realize above guide is pointing to another problem that hidden in this source. back to your question 1, check your item.isf with item editor, make sure that item has RV config file, eg. "a1_sample.bin"better export to csv file before start editing your item list, the column for RV config file is "szNAME_RV"correct me, if i am wrong about this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
welcome to another hell, haha!check the keyword "max RV Hahahaha! 7-16-2017" under GLCharactorReq.cpp to fix this problem.the original author has fixed the max RV to prevent hack, not a very good idea. (sorry for who coded this)eg. if ( pInvenItem->sItemCustom.GETOptVALUE(EMR_OPT_ATTACK_VOL) >= 101 )//attack direct value - Ocram Networksu will know what to do about the fixed value 101ah, i just realize above guide is pointing to another problem that hidden in this source. back to your question 1, check your item.isf with item editor, make sure that item has RV config file, eg. "a1_sample.bin"better export to csv file before start editing your item list, the column for RV config file is "szNAME_RV"correct me, if i am wrong about this.

Solved, thanks

Item Edit -> ItemParent Edit -> Random Opt (aX_sample.bin)

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

By the way, is it possible to convert the RV from Attack % to Attack?

From 149% Attack to 149 Attack

I think it's too OP I was trying to find the ID of it and it seems only attack % exists.

I am using Urban Ran Server/Client/Source

Upvote 0
Master Summoner
Reaction score
go to your data/gui folder open gameword.xml search for item_random_option you will see all the avail option in there check for the id or value like 1 = attack % 2= defense etc .
By the way, is it possible to convert the RV from Attack % to Attack?

From 149% Attack to 149 Attack

I think it's too OP I was trying to find the ID of it and it seems only attack % exists.

I am using Urban Ran Server/Client/Source

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
go to your data/gui folder open gameword.xml search for item_random_option you will see all the avail option in there check for the id or value like 1 = attack % 2= defense etc .

Thanks, solved.

Upvote 0
Back