Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need Help Editing Script

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hye guys i need some help on how can i edit NpcScript, i have my server ryl2 up and running but i need to edit the game 1st to my specification, could someone tell me detailed guide how can i edit it,so far i have tried
1. open scriptnpc.txt edit
2. open ryl coder, open script.mcf then copy paste from edited npcscript.txt then save
3. copy the edited npcscript.mcf then paste to my game client and then restart server
4. login ingame and nothing happen or game crash...help?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, let me try explain something to you

The RYL Scripts work in diffrent ways, and when i say that is because there are two extentions for both Client and Server side.

Scripts with .TXT extension are used SERVER side only, but, they NEED to be converted to .GSF to work properly in CLIENT side.

Scripts with .MCF extension are used both SERVER and CLIENT side, so, you DON'T need to convert it.

Based on RYL Part 1 (RYL1):

SERVER SIDE (...\RYLServer\Release\Scripts\Game\):

BGItemscript.TXT
Chemical.TXT
ItemScript.TXT
LotteryEvent.TXT
MonsterChat.GSF (the ONLY .GSF in ServerSide) *Can be edited by TXT editor like Notepad
MonsterProtoType.TXT
NPCScript.MCF
Quest.MCF
RespawnScript.TXT
SkillScript.TXT
VirtualAreaScript.TXT

CLIENT SIDE (...\Youxiland\RYL\)

Chemical.GSF
ItemScript.GSF
MonsterProtoType.GSF
NPCScript.MCF
Quest.MCF
Script.MCF *This file contatins every header and words you will find on HUD of the game, like the NPC page names etc.
Script1.GSF *This file constains the filter of badwords if i'm not wrong
SkillScript.GSF

RYL 2 & ROW have another Scripts i didn't mention here but are very similar.

Well, as i mention before the .TXT files need to be converted to .GSF using the RYL Converter program, but, if you don't have it, can also use the RylCoder, i recomend you to use RYL Converter to be sure the Server/Client files match, and the RYL Converter is a Official tool.

Note: If you have to use RylCoder be sure that you edit the .TXT and the .GSF (RylCoder) in the same way to don't get errors or things missing ingame.

Ps: RylCoder will only open .GSF files in 32 Bits (x86) systems, due a problem in Wraper.dll

For .MCF files, you can open the file from SERVER side with RylCoder, edit it as you wish and then use it on SERVER/CLIENT side. the file NEED to be the same in both sides to work properly.

Ps: Take care editing the files, a little wrong mess on the collumns and lines will make you get unknown errors everytime you try to start the server.

My english i'snt the best but i hope you can understand and learn something with this post.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hye guys i need some help on how can i edit NpcScript, i have my server ryl2 up and running but i need to edit the game 1st to my specification, could someone tell me detailed guide how can i edit it,so far i have tried
1. open scriptnpc.txt edit
2. open ryl coder, open script.mcf then copy paste from edited npcscript.txt then save
3. copy the edited npcscript.mcf then paste to my game client and then restart server
4. login ingame and nothing happen or game crash...help?

Hello, as @Strudi said, once the NPCscript.mcf is edited you must place it in the server folder, that is, C / Server / Script / Game and then you must also place it in the game folder, that is, C /Program Files/CibNetStation / RYL2 . That way you can see the changes you have made. I hope this answers your question, and any other question, do not hesitate to ask here. A hug.

Last edited:
Back