Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Where is located the NPC / Mob name Height?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Where is located the NPC / Mob name Height?

I noticed that when u create a custom mob, or NPC the name is always glitched, took a big mob npc that Puppy, and reduced its size, and as u see, his name still big, and his touch area also does if u come close,

but its not elements.data related does anyone know?

REMOVED

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
if I had to guess, I would guess it has to do with this in the ecm:

HookName: HH_胸部
HookOffset: 0.000000, -0.080000, 0.000000
Psytrac

Hooknames are used to pre-fix some effect in the selected bone name of the ski file, the one u mention, is to use Chest to be ur point ( 0 ) for X, Y , Z coordinates, with means.. for example that now a Particle effect is bind to the character Chest, from there if deppends on the model rotation,

X will move it left or right, Y will move it Down or Up, Z in or OUT but if u rotate it they switch position. anyways,

The NPC / Mob Name High isnt located on ECM or Elements.data, the only tip I had was that mobs use a id_irc_monster with could possible be some source of "fake monster" to store its size, but its also not that,

notice that the size, of Katro Pup is bonded to its ID, even if you replace his ECM or Model with another NPC, it will still go that High, (just tested it)

I make lots of custom mobs, but their names keep going inside the mob, there must be any kind of specific file or DLL or somthing in elements.data that we`r not aware off or might be some kind of config file, inside configs / interface.pck that we `r not aware off,

its somthing that would be nice to fix, cuz it cause glitchs on any server that create custom mob / npc

Reaction score
I have no idea, but i'd guess that the client uses the AABB/OBB collision model to determine the name height. If there's dead geometry (such as degenerate vertices), the Box could be higher without the model actually showing it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Information of target's name height stored in elementclient.exe (NOT in configs or interfaces) and it depends on model's height (height in*.ski file). But in .exe information about all name height in conjunction.
Can you share this model with
dependencies (*.gfx, *.dds and so on)? Will try to help with problem

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Information of target's name height stored in elementclient.exe (NOT in configs or interfaces) and it depends on model's height (height in*.ski file). But in .exe information about all name height in conjunction.
Can you share this model with
dependencies (*.gfx, *.dds and so on)? Will try to help with problem

Might be in elements.exe but again its not about the .ski height,

u may put any ski there replacing the wolf, even change its size, u will notice also, that that especific wolf NPC is just a small wolf with its size increased by the .ecm, its not big in the .ski by default,

also if u copy the NPC with a new ID and place it in any other location, its name will be glitched close to the floor inside the wolf

Back