Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Model Standing Direction

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello there,

I was wondering if theres a way to make a model, change the direction it stands.
But not by editing it in a gfx, but maybe like in a .bon file?

Because i want to recreate this animation

But so far, i got to this point

I would love to know!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
you must find the .stck animation of the 'orbiting around the top of player' and whichever bone/vertex group the stck commands / tells what to do you must rename the bone/vertex group of your model to that so the .stck can latch onto it and do its animation, then once the animation works on the model ECM you need to then create a .gfx file and link the animated model into the .GFX file so you can position it, rotate and orient it, and then link it to either another ECM or to a item ID via ECMScript in the MAIN PLAYER ECM FOR EACH CLASS AND GENDER

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I do know what you mean with the last thing
But where and how do I edit the stck animation
Because when I use a model that's like laying flat, and change direction of how I want it to stand it automatically changes the animation direction too. Can the 'orbit around player' found in genie files?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I do know what you mean with the last thing
But where and how do I edit the stck animation
Because when I use a model that's like laying flat, and change direction of how I want it to stand it automatically changes the animation direction too. Can the 'orbit around player' found in genie files?

stck file has animation keyframes, and some other data, but mostly it has a reference to a BONE/VERTEX GROUP NAME stored in the .ski that its gonna be used on as to which part of the model to move ok? for example if u have a .stck file thats intended for making a player WAVE their hand right its gonna be a .stck file that effects the 'Hand' bone group / vertex group of the player model.

Similar to this, all models .ski have at least one or more bone groups, if its just a weapon model which is not a soulsphere its gonna have a bone group that is the entire weapon mesh, and then a group that is the handle of the weapon or something, it just depends.

u need to:

1. find the animation .stck file of the orbiting around the player animation
2. look inside the .stck and see what bone group its trying to animate to and then change it to the bone group name inside your weapon model .ski
3. in the ECM for the weapon u will need to make it have a combine act looping the state of orbiting around the player with the .stck name put as the BaseActName
4. There is a method to link an .ecm file into a .gfx file content so u can spawn the .GFX ingame with d_gfx and its a gfx but basically a ECM, and u can link that .gfx to a weapon or a fashion etc
5. idk how you are linking it ingame to something, like a arm fashion with just that on it, on an actual weapon model, or etc. but how you will link the model to ingame will depend on how u have to add it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright ty for the explanation, i will definitly work on this!

Back