Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Questions regarding creation of new models and importing the same into the game

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all. I am a director of and a gm on a small but steadily growing server. The owner is a friend and he mostly deals with the code side of things since i have limited knowledge in that area. So while reading my inquiries please be aware of that fact.

I am familiar with how to use blender and edit gamefiles, use of rody angelica editor and pwadmin, putty is no issue for me. I also just recently created a custom patcher for the server. So i can deal with texturing the model without much issue. The questions i have are following:

Is it possible to use newer versions of blender to create custom models as ski files. Is there a plug in that would enable that and is one even necessary? I know that there used to be a plugin for an old old version of blender but i tried installing all of that and it simply doesn't work for me.
I scoured the ragezone community and nothing i found was actually able to tell me what i need. Server is 1.4.6 version and we have a patcher that is able to inject files directly into the system without having to unpack the surfaces. Pck. However, i already have tools and i have unpacked the surfaces file and am planning to make some custom chromas for players and certain weapons.
Also, i believe that even if i made a model it would have no sfx but honestly that is a hurdle i am willing to seek guidance for at a later date at this moment. I believe i saw somewhere u have to use hex editor for those and all ones i download are filled with malwares and viruses. I also know that position of the weapons has to be done through hex editing. That is however the extent of my knowledge.
If you know anything at all that might be helpful, that is currently available for use please share. If you have any guides please post them.
My goal for this post is for people to be able to come here to gather some good advice and steps they need to take to make their own custom assets to be able to come here and find some good info. Thank you for reading, and if you have info that you are sharing with me and everyone else, thank you for sharing.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
So all I really have to contribute to this (bad news) is that I have been looking for the same thing for a while now and have not found the answer we are looking for.
From what I understand if we want to use a newer version of blender we would need to update the old plugin or at that point probably completely remake it from scratch.

I don't know how much he is on here but a good person to hit up for blender related information and perfect world models in specific would be Ivdrake.

I will do some more looking on my end when I have free time from work and my server stuff and see if I don't come up with anything in this reguard.

Back