Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v1.7.0 build 2687

Reaction score
As of tonight's maintenance the "official" (retail) servers are going to be on v1.7.0 (build 2687) [client version 1185]

{this has just been an informative post ;)}

343 - v1.7.0 build 2687 - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Jeeze, and we are still on v1.5.5...

Anyone hear of a possible release to the private server community aside from emulators...?

Would be nice for something new to play with... :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I don't know for sure if it's an emulator, but there's one private server who had the new toons and the new skills... Russian I think... I just tried to find it again, but can't remember the name of it... For jade dynasty they released windows binaries of newer servers that look like emulators... They do work, but can't edit clsconfig etc... Right now I wouldn't mind even playing with a pw emulator just for something new... Lol...

Reaction score
This may sound really effed up but, as a player, I would probably (only) actually play on retail, if I was going to play. I probably shouldn't knock P servers, because there are probably plenty of them that are actually good... I just couldn't see myself "playing" on a server I ran myself ~ because admittedly it would be too tempting to just "suit myself up"! I mean really, how could you run a server and not make sure you were OP! I would also find it difficult to bring myself to play on anybody else's P server because of the same reason, in reverse. Because I would be "just a player" on a server where someone else most likely made themselves and or their friends OP! Not to mention some of them just have "settings" that do not and would not (EVER) appeal to me in the first place; like lv cap 150, or 100x EXP, or ~ random crap like that, that just makes it TOO different from official / retail. Not to mention things like stability, reliability, etc... Concerns such as "will this server be around in a year, how about 5, how about 13, how about 23?" because if I wanted to - I could log back into retail *today*, and STILL have my ORG toon from 2008! That was almost THIRTEEN (13) years ago, are there any P servers that will really be around that long and longer???!!!??? My luck, I'd wind up on one of these servers that just "die" after a short time, or one of the ones I hear about that do a wipe like every <insert arbitrary time-frame here> month...

Don't get me wrong, I love this 'scene'...! I love archiving this (among other things), and having the ability to run a server, or help others run their own... I just can't see myself doing it, or playing on one... If I did run a server, I likely would not play on it! As crazy and or stupid as it sounds, I would likely still play on retail, even if I ran my own server! Now if and when "retail" shuts down, well then I'd have no choice but to play on my own server (ROFL)! I guess at that point I'd have to just resist all temptation to "give myself stuff", and actually PLAY for it, like everyone else!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hehe, yes many good points... I do agree and enjoy the fact that official is reliable in the sence that I know my toon will always be there... I do play on my own server only because I can't afford to play official anymore... :(
Yes I can still play official without paying, but there are some things that I'll never be able to get or use without giving up some funds...

I am one of those rare folks that resist the temptation of maxing out my toons when I do have the capability... Even my wife gets mad when I say go play and earn it... Lol... I did increase exp rate a little, and make it possible for everyone to play and earn with less time, but I made it for everyone... Also, unlike other p severs, I don't host for donations and or money, many times and even today I refuse to accept any money... I only host because I enjoy playing with the code and just simply goofing around in the server... I don't even have GM(s) in my server...

If I were ever going to pay for play, it would only be on the official...

Reactions: 343
Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
From what ive heard the person responsible for releasing the server files was caught and fired

Reaction score
From what ive heard the person responsible for releasing the server files was caught and fired

:O

That is TERRIBLE if true!!!

Also, if true, "it took them long enough" !!! Which is also why I've also thought it was actually condoned by the company... I mean really, think about it, the "leaks" have been happening some 12/13 YEARS !!! If the company was really against it, I'm almost sure they would have cracked down on it RIGHT AWAY...!

It would make more sense to me that he/she quit, or died or something!

I are an engineer
Reaction score
:O

That is TERRIBLE if true!!!

Also, if true, "it took them long enough" !!! Which is also why I've also thought it was actually condoned by the company... I mean really, think about it, the "leaks" have been happening some 12/13 YEARS !!! If the company was really against it, I'm almost sure they would have cracked down on it RIGHT AWAY...!

It would make more sense to me that he/she quit, or died or something!

Makes me glad that some of the stuff I have that was leaked to me by a programmer at Wanmei was
never caught (as I have never released it). I'd hate to be the one that causes him to lose his job!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The next offical patch after Elysium (Primal Warfare) has Elysian Arena (beast-fighting in Homestead), varied homestead grasses, Twilight Sky, reworked skills, Deicide Mode of Uncharted Paradise.... I haven't seen any private server over all the network who can brag that it has all this content, and it has been released over 4 years ago on official servers!

Also, I should agree with 343 that as a player, I should enjoy official servers more. There are really more adorable features on officials'. Plus the number of players online is much bigger.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Yes, the server I was thinking about , correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure if it's even a private server... I was just trying to have general conversation, now my pms blowing up with who knows more... It may not even be a the version they advert, but just a downgraded edition...

I've heard so many stories, someone got fired, they increased their security, etc... Either way it's all just rumors, and I wouldn't doubt that 1.5.5 will be the last official leak... I'm more than happy to be wrong...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, the server I was thinking about , correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure if it's even a private server... I was just trying to have general conversation, now my pms blowing up with who knows more... It may not even be a the version they advert, but just a downgraded edition...

I've heard so many stories, someone got fired, they increased their security, etc... Either way it's all just rumors, and I wouldn't doubt that 1.5.5 will be the last official leak... I'm more than happy to be wrong...
It is a private server, the official Russian Perfect World is at (by the way, they got 1.7.0 two weeks earlier than PWI).

To my knowledge, OriginalPW has been constructed from server-side 1.5.2 source code (with team of developers who parse packets from official server and write them on server-side and recompile) and shared and translated client from higher versions. OriginalPW also has Brazilian version of the client.

Might be possible that the server part of it was also constructed from writing and inserting functions directly into 1.5.5 files (I don't know if it is possible).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I DL'd the retail 1.7.0 to "play with it" and noticed ~ I can't even open/extract the PCK's any longer @.@ >.<

So I guess they changed something about the PCK's between (after) 155 and 170 too... .... ...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I DL'd the retail 1.7.0 to "play with it" and noticed ~ I can't even open/extract the PCK's any longer @.@ >.<

So I guess they changed something about the PCK's between (after) 155 and 170 too... .... ...

Since 1.5.7 (Wonderland) PCK's cannot be extracted via sPCK. Use WinPCK instead.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I see that the version of your WinPCK is v1.1.1.2. You can use WinPCK v1.33 instead, it handles 1.7.0's PCK's. I have a Russian variant of it, can share if you need.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
This one works on the 2gb+ pkx files...

Back