Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Weapon customizations

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well the problem with me is that if I even try trial and error method.. I wont know if its going to work or not lol.. I dont own a server because Im a regular player so I have no idea how im going to test it out to see if the weapon is going to be big enough or too small... I was wondering if I could get a picture of any random sword on PW And put it on blender and model that and then edit and customize it but againt I dont know if its going to be the exact replica of the weapon knowing people take full screen shots and prints of them holding it and what not..

Reaction score
Buy a cheap weapon from the blacksmith and find the model in models.pck in the client. Then either edit it or make a new one and replace the existing model. This way you will be able to see it in game. Make backups first!

Probably a good idea to ask the server owner first though. Some of them don't want people poking around in their clients because they don't want their custom content stolen.

I did also start trying to upgrade the scripts to Blender 2.66, I'm not sure if it will work though. I fixed the syntax errors but the Blender module is no longer used so I need to find a replacement.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Do i open the model.pkc with Nopepad ++ or what? And im sure Jay wont midn I told him about it before because I was intrested but I totally forgot now Im going to do it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Lol ok so I think I did something wrong And so I
spack - Weapon customizations - RaGEZONE Forums Untispack2 - Weapon customizations - RaGEZONE Forums spack3 - Weapon customizations - RaGEZONE Forums
I found sPack into the deep file and went to model... searched for THAT spack and attacked it to it and that black box came up.. I did think i did something wrong. and Now all the files are attached to that.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Copy the models.pck to the spck folder. You may need to edit the "extract_pck.bat" file. I'm not sure what Ronny has in it.

Otherwise Shift + Right Click and chose "Open Terminal Window Here" the type
Code:
sPCK -x models.pck

It will then create folder called "models.pck.files". This contains the models.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok i copied The models pck to the to the folder and click on Extract_pck bat and it came up "Third argument is not a valid file" Is it because i attachted sPCK to it before? And even with that I still tried to Shift and click it still goes "Invalid amount of arguments" Im trying to figure out how to detach files and make the need to be able to open with something again. Time only knows.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
those weapons besides the fans are in the chinesse community weapons if any1 is interested(yeah...locate them yourself) if you want to do them :

things needed:
notepad++(or locale set to chinesse PRC) -.gfx files structure
-.ecm files structure
photoshop -.dds plugin
-%#^@loads of tutorials

in the weapons pictures some gfx's where added from different games and some color saturation retexturing so it should be easy :D
time

extra note : there is no 3D modeling in those pics and also the .ski import/export plugin is incomplete
also the fan's are mine with gfx's added by brian >.>

also for extracting pcks edit that .bat file to

spck.exe -pw -x *.pck for extracct
spck.exe -pw -c *.pck.files *.pck for repack
must be in the same folder spck.exe and the .bat file

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So u can acutally take gfx files from other games... ai yi yi! Plus I dont got no photoshop.. but I guess I can get it off Piratesbay...And thats an amazing fan you made lol. I saw some GM Said she used it on Total War PW Server, thats where i saw it (GMApple)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
you can use Gimp as well instead of photoshop wich is for you more conforting(or any tool that has .dds importing/exporting)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well before you told me to attack the Models file to that sPck file...well I legit attatched it to its Application and so with every other file like that attached to it (Like I showed u in the screenshots) and that Black box comes up . So I dont know if thats the problem.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
What exactly is broken/incomplete about the scripts?

first of u can't create from a blank u must use something as a point also can't reposition individual items tryed...n tryed n tryed... also u can't retexture in blender scaling didn't seem to work properly i can go on and on could add different .ski but couldn't save etc :D
individual items

mixing items
Queenz - Weapon customizations - RaGEZONE Forums

only got this to work but the textures gor messed up

only this one got 100% working but the wigns were cliping
duplicating is good :

Well before you told me to attack the Models file to that sPck file...well I legit attatched it to its Application and so with every other file like that attached to it (Like I showed u in the screenshots) and that Black box comes up . So I dont know if thats the problem.
that black box is the actuall spck that extracts usually

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you add all the required properties when you tried to make it from scratch? Also you have to make Sticky coords for some reason. I'm pretty sure you can make from scratch if you have all the right properties and settings but its been so I long I don't remember if I did or not.

Any changes you do to the position, scale, rotate whatever must be done in object mode (might be edit mode but cant remember) in blender. If you are in the wrong mode then it wont change anything in game.

How do you mean the textures are messed up? That screenshot just shows the vertex paint doesn't it? Was there something wrong with the UVs.

Also for something like wings and mounts that are animated there will be issues since the vertex numbers wont be the same so it wont be skinned properly.

I guess Ill dust off my server tomorrow and see what I can do and spend some more time fixing this script to work with new Blender and possibly Maya.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
don't really know the tech terms but ... when i used the overall direct copy and only used x rotate worked fine (like in the dark negation) but when i used the Y rotation (red and white) the model stop taking my texture and had to save it(also that was a while back now) i used the bat looking wings
the only 3 tings i need for blender atm is scale X and Z position(individual pick like 1 boot at a time) and scale for the boots from JD and other games i think it whould be a nice addition(even tho it's only the boots so far)

(a convertor whould be nice :cheers: jd character models are smaller than pw's)

Last edited:
Genesis?Is it a new drug?
Reaction score
Congratulation Queenz!

Your question about Weapon Customization made some of the best PW devs start sharing their knowledge with us.

I hope we can demystify graphics design for future developers.

Keep it up guys! =)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Congratulation Queenz!

Your question about Weapon Customization made some of the best PW devs start sharing their knowledge with us.

Keep it up guys! =)
Congratsz?... Ive gotten now where, my head is still in a bundle.I really dont want to give up though. I appriciate every one trying to help. I wish there was a STEP 1,2,3 etc guide Lolol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Congratsz?... Ive gotten now where, my head is still in a bundle.I really dont want to give up though. I appriciate every one trying to help. I wish there was a STEP 1,2,3 etc guide Lolol
Ok so Im forgetting about making my own sword.. Im just going to take for exaplme Aquadash and edit it so it can be black or blue or whatever color I decide to make it , just to make things easier for me and While im doing this im going to try to find other places to help me understand more of how to add .gfx effects and putting them on Etc without a testing server of my own.

Reaction score
don't really know the tech terms but ... when i used the overall direct copy and only used x rotate worked fine (like in the dark negation) but when i used the Y rotation (red and white) the model stop taking my texture and had to save it(also that was a while back now) i used the bat looking wings
the only 3 tings i need for blender atm is scale X and Z position(individual pick like 1 boot at a time) and scale for the boots from JD and other games i think it whould be a nice addition(even tho it's only the boots so far)

(a convertor whould be nice :cheers: jd character models are smaller than pw's)

Scaling, rotating, moving should work fine. Ill get back to you on exactly what to do. Making a script the auto scales and moves probably wouldn't be the best idea. The clothing will be different shapes and sizes so you will have no guarantee whether it would put it in the right place. Manually doing it would be better. I also don't have JD or a lot of the other games so I wouldn't know size differences.

I have been working on fixing the script though. So far I have it in the menu and I can load the ski file and read it. I still need to get Blender make the model and attach materials and textures.

Ok so Im forgetting about making my own sword.. Im just going to take for exaplme Aquadash and edit it so it can be black or blue or whatever color I decide to make it , just to make things easier for me and While im doing this im going to try to find other places to help me understand more of how to add .gfx effects and putting them on Etc without a testing server of my own.

Aww but 3D modeling is fun. Changing the colors is just opening the dds texture in photoshop/gimp and repainting it. It shouldn't be too hard.

This might help you for gfx files. It tells you how to convert colors so you can change the color of the gfx.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f755/gfx-colors-numbers-667113/#post5693996

Then you just change the color attribute in the file.

----------Edit------------

There also isnt any video guides or 1,2,3 guides as its not that simple. The are many different ways you can create model in a 3d modelling app and everyone has their own preference. All the different methods can be found on 3d sites and forums.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Congratulation Queenz!

Keep it up guys! =)

because its a girl

Back