Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anyone willing to make a quick patch for me?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As the title says, i was wondering if anyone can make a very simple model swap for PWI (official servers) for me. since we don't have the pwcn r9rr gears i was hoping someone could patch over our rank 9 third recast with the chinese versions (ONLY want to swap the models) i just want something different looking rather then a clone of the morai gears. and i already know the files are in the server already.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
we DO have the r9r3 cn gear, you should do your homework

I think what he means is he want the old r9 3rd to look like the chinese version. PWI doesnt utilize this set, they still use the old red set as far as I am aware.

However,that said,you cannot just swap the models around. unlike most armor the gfx of the CN r9 3rd cast gears are embedded in the character .ecms and are bound to the item id of said armor. so even if you swap the models, the id wont match what is stored in the character ecm and thus it wont display. (you can fix that but its incredibly annoying.)

2nd issue is you want it for official PWI, to do this you either need to modify models.pck (wich, replacing a douzen items is a pain on its own and you have to know what has to go where and you have to rename all the ecms etc to get it to work)
or you have to use sEledit and change the models path, but since pwi is on 152, there are no configs for that around currently (so you first have to make that.)

So unless you feel like going on a adventure, I suggest you just forget about doing this at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually i'm a "she" not "he" xD

anyway doesn't the character select screen already have the animations and graphics set up on them? when you make a new character all the models use the CN set. technically we can use the set in our version (i know this due to a friend of mine making china's r9rr daggers when pwi derped and gave us the CN forges instead of our own) I am familliar with editing the models.pck as well. i use a batch file to merge .pck/pcx together then use pwpack2008 to compress it again well under the 2gig limit (for modded fash/mounts/etc). For the graphics to work properly, would i need to hex the ID? i know a few private servers have done this in the past, replacing r8r with it.

Back