Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Hardcore Member EndyBH is offline
    MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    131Posts

    Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker
    And then guys, after a long time away I return with the result of an experience and I would like to share it with you. First of all, I want to make it clear that I will not teach docker to anyone, if you want to learn, seek knowledge. During this pandemic, I identified a need for me to transfer my pw server to docker without depending on a virtual box. This eliminates any risk of problems with the drivers of my host machine and the guest and ends up losing the virtual machine as a result. It was then that I sat my ass on the chair and started working on a Perfect World 1.5.5 server docker image. This image uses ubuntu 14.04 as base. How was process creation of this image.

    1 - I downloaded ubuntu 14.04 docker image
    2 - I Created a Container of this Ubuntu virgin and I done all process to install this files from this post
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/pw-155-box-1154029/
    3 - I used the comand "docker save <name of new image> <Container ID in this case container with ubuntu with pw server configured>

    4 - tested the new image using the command "docker load <path of image file .tar.gz created in previous step>"

    5 - I´'ve used the comand "docker container run --name<name you want in container> -p 8080:8080 -p 29000:29000 -p 8081:80 -p 3306:3306" and voilà!!!
    PW server online, I'm enjoying!


    With this I can provision as many perfect world server containers as I want and how I want. Have fun!

    To someone than download this image, must be execute the following commands:

    1- docker load <Path of image docker than you downloaded>
    (exemple c:\users\fulano\documents or /home/fulano)

    2 - docker image ls
    (Confering if image was imported)

    3 - docker container run --name<name you want in container> -p 8080:8080 -p 29000:29000 -p 8081:80 -p 3306:3306

    4 - Configure your client to ip of machine docker. Example: If you run pw client on machine in same machine of docker, your client must be ip 127.0.0.1:29000. If you execute client in another machine, you gonna set ip of machine docker. to descovery ip machine of docker you gonna execute ipconfig to windows or ifconfig to linux, example if ip showed in console of machine is 192.168.0.50, your client must be configured with ip 192.168.0.50:29000

    5 - Just Enjoy!

    LINK to Download image

    https://mega.nz/file/niZAFYLD#4kqu-f...lJEUnRFrFFvrNY

    LINK to Torrent of this image
    https://mega.nz/file/Xmgg2QZJ#rOPUuD...OJ6FgmSGo2vHp8

    Thank you Wrechid by the pw 1.5.5 out of box
    Last edited by EndyBH; 27-11-20 at 02:36 PM.


  2. #2
    Registered Danilo Andrade is offline
    MemberRank
    Aug 2014 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    7Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Quote Originally Posted by EndyBH View Post
    And then guys, after a long time away I return with the result of an experience and I would like to share it with you. First of all, I want to make it clear that I will not teach docker to anyone, if you want to learn, seek knowledge. During this pandemic, I identified a need for me to transfer my pw server to docker without depending on a virtual box. This eliminates any risk of problems with the drivers of my host machine and the guest and ends up losing the virtual machine as a result. It was then that I sat my ass on the chair and started working on a Perfect World 1.5.5 server docker image. This image uses ubuntu 14.04 as base. How was process creation of this image.

    1 - I downloaded ubuntu 14.04 docker image
    2 - I Created a Container of this Ubuntu virgin and I done all process to install this files from this post
    http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/pw-155-box-1154029/
    3 - I used the comand "docker save <name of new image> <Container ID in this case container with ubuntu with pw server configured>

    4 - tested the new image using the command "docker load <path of image file .tar.gz created in previous step>"

    5 - I´'ve used the comand "docker container run --name<name you want in container> -p 8080:8080 -p 29000:29000 -p 8081:80 -p 3306:3306" and voilà!!!
    PW server online, I'm enjoying!


    With this I can provision as many perfect world server containers as I want and how I want. Have fun!

    To someone than download this image, must be execute the following commands:

    1- docker load <Path of image docker than you downloaded>
    (exemple c:\users\fulano\documents or /home/fulano)

    2 - docker image ls
    (Confering if image was imported)

    3 - docker container run --name<name you want in container> -p 8080:8080 -p 29000:29000 -p 8081:80 -p 3306:3306

    4 - Configure your client to ip of machine docker. Example: If you run pw client on machine in same machine of docker, your client must be ip 127.0.0.1:29000. If you execute client in another machine, you gonna set ip of machine docker. to descovery ip machine of docker you gonna execute ipconfig to windows or ifconfig to linux, example if ip showed in console of machine is 192.168.0.50, your client must be configured with ip 192.168.0.50:29000

    5 - Just Enjoy!

    LINK to Download image

    https://mega.nz/file/niZAFYLD#4kqu-f...lJEUnRFrFFvrNY

    Thank you Wrechid by the pw 1.5.5 out of box
    Hello Endy, thanks for the release!
    I'm new about PW Server developing, and I heard about the best O.S.'s to run a PW Server, and Ubuntu/Debian are not so good. They recommended me CentOS 8 (or 7). The reason for this is CentOS uses less RAM/Swap to run the server. What is your opinion? Thanks again. Salve BR!

  3. #3
    Hardcore Member EndyBH is offline
    MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    131Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Quote Originally Posted by Danilo Andrade View Post
    Hello Endy, thanks for the release!
    I'm new about PW Server developing, and I heard about the best O.S.'s to run a PW Server, and Ubuntu/Debian are not so good. They recommended me CentOS 8 (or 7). The reason for this is CentOS uses less RAM/Swap to run the server. What is your opinion? Thanks again. Salve BR!
    Hi, It's the same for me! Either run pw on CentOS or Ubuntu / Debian. I've used two and haven't seen any gains. I didn't see any significant changes.

  4. #4
    Newbie LithiumWiz is offline
    MemberRank
    Jul 2020 Join Date
    3Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Hello there what kind of hardware config should i used ? is 32 GB ECC unbuffered enough to host this server? How much storage do i need? must i create a DATAbase on another Docker?

  5. #5
    Hardcore Member EndyBH is offline
    MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    131Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Quote Originally Posted by LithiumWiz View Post
    Hello there what kind of hardware config should i used ? is 32 GB ECC unbuffered enough to host this server? How much storage do i need? must i create a DATAbase on another Docker?
    Hello,

    1) amount of RAM will depend on how many players you will be serving. It's up to you. Remember that the docker will use the resources of the host machine. when you use the docker run command to create the container you can use the parameter -m 4..N G this sets the amount of ram your container will use from the machine.
    2) Storage will also depend on how many players you serve on your server.
    3) This image already has a database already configured and it works with that database, however you can configure MySQL in another container and then change it in the server files' tables.xml that will work. Remember to set up your network and communication between machines correctly.

  6. #6
    Developer - JS Ben is offline
    ModeratorRank
    Jul 2013 Join Date
    BelguimLocation
    1,244Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Nice, I actually wanted to do this a few times already but never got to it.. so its perfectly possible to do it.. nice.

  7. #7
    Newbie LithiumWiz is offline
    MemberRank
    Jul 2020 Join Date
    3Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    @EndyBH, sorry to be a bother. but how to do you load this docker img? I'm quite new with docker.

  8. #8
    Hardcore Member EndyBH is offline
    MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    131Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Quote Originally Posted by LithiumWiz View Post
    @EndyBH, sorry to be a bother. but how to do you load this docker img? I'm quite new with docker.
    Hi, first all you gonna install Docker for windows current version is 19

    after this, you use comand docker load <Path of image docker than you downloaded>
    (exemple c:\users\fulano\documents or /home/fulano) in CMD or Powershell or terminal linux.

  9. #9
    Newbie LithiumWiz is offline
    MemberRank
    Jul 2020 Join Date
    3Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Quote Originally Posted by EndyBH View Post
    Hi, first all you gonna install Docker for windows current version is 19

    after this, you use comand docker load <Path of image docker than you downloaded>
    (exemple c:\users\fulano\documents or /home/fulano) in CMD or Powershell or terminal linux.
    Many thanks, good Sir.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member xxskylarxx is offline
    MemberRank
    Sep 2010 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    157Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Is there a torrent mirror of this or something? Mega.Co.Nz sucks with it's cap on downloads.

  11. #11
    Hardcore Member EndyBH is offline
    MemberRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    131Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Quote Originally Posted by xxskylarxx View Post
    Is there a torrent mirror of this or something? Mega.Co.Nz sucks with it's cap on downloads.
    Link to torrent file added in original post. Please, whoever can, help to seed. I can seed only betwee 8:00am and 6:00pm, timezone Brasilia.

  12. #12
    RaGEZONER fgru is offline
    Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2009 Join Date
    germanyLocation
    1,509Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    it's possible to get the dockerfile?
    forum rules >> 19 >> This forum is English; you must either post in English or create an accurate translation
    we are a developer forum not an networking / linux forum and we cannot teach you networking / linux basics
    >> knowledge about linux

  13. #13
    Psy Sins Psytrac is online now
    Alpha MaleRank
    Jul 2011 Join Date
    Hammond, INLocation
    1,824Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Quote Originally Posted by Danilo Andrade View Post
    They recommended me CentOS 8 (or 7).
    use CentOs 6 if you want to use centos. I'm on 6.5 myself

  14. #14
    Member xDaemon is offline
    MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    London U.K.Location
    74Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    after running docker container run --name pwserver -p 8080:8080 -p 29000:29000 -p 8081:80 -p 3306:3306 pwserverelisyum
    i got this error
    Unable to find image 'pwserverelisyum:latest' locallydocker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for pwserverelisyum, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.

    what wrong i am doing?
    or if someone can make a video guide for that? Thanks in advance ;)

    here are my images
    REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
    portainer/portainer-ce latest 980323c8eb3f 2 weeks ago 196MB
    linuxserver/heimdall latest fbbe2adf7640 4 months ago 79.7MB
    linuxserver/taisun latest aa75be84f7d2 4 months ago 187MB
    wger/apache latest 63151f4f4bc6 4 months ago 852MB
    mariadb latest 22851c7fe916 7 months ago 407MB
    bitwardenrs/server latest f463443ca3f2 7 months ago 131MB
    cdnhammernet/invoiceninja latest 6b399a7a329b 7 months ago 499MB
    nextcloud latest 6375cff75f7b 7 months ago 750MB
    jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager latest 47f723ea980a 8 months ago 361MB
    pwserverelisyum 155 cfb3ea83fa95 8 months ago 9.7GB

  15. #15
    Member lkb007lkb is offline
    MemberRank
    May 2020 Join Date
    36Posts

    Re: Perfect World 1.5.5 in docker

    Quote Originally Posted by xDaemon View Post
    after running docker container run --name pwserver -p 8080:8080 -p 29000:29000 -p 8081:80 -p 3306:3306 pwserverelisyum
    i got this error
    Unable to find image 'pwserverelisyum:latest' locallydocker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for pwserverelisyum, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied.

    what wrong i am doing?
    or if someone can make a video guide for that? Thanks in advance ;)

    here are my images
    REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
    portainer/portainer-ce latest 980323c8eb3f 2 weeks ago 196MB
    linuxserver/heimdall latest fbbe2adf7640 4 months ago 79.7MB
    linuxserver/taisun latest aa75be84f7d2 4 months ago 187MB
    wger/apache latest 63151f4f4bc6 4 months ago 852MB
    mariadb latest 22851c7fe916 7 months ago 407MB
    bitwardenrs/server latest f463443ca3f2 7 months ago 131MB
    cdnhammernet/invoiceninja latest 6b399a7a329b 7 months ago 499MB
    nextcloud latest 6375cff75f7b 7 months ago 750MB
    jlesage/nginx-proxy-manager latest 47f723ea980a 8 months ago 361MB
    pwserverelisyum 155 cfb3ea83fa95 8 months ago 9.7GB
    maybe you should run this command "docker container run --name pwserver -p 8080:8080 -p 29000:29000 -p 8081:80 -p 3306:3306 pwserverelisyum:155"



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement