Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PW 155 Out of the Box

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@flacleto, not sure how to help you when I don't understand exactly what the problem is...

@DarkW, this is an early release of the v1.5.5 server... There are a few things that are incomplete... I just removed the Auto Revive button upon death within interfaces.pck... But if someone out there has a fix, I'm all ears... :)

this auto revive i already fix
:)

@flacleto, not sure how to help you when I don't understand exactly what the problem is...

@DarkW, this is an early release of the v1.5.5 server... There are a few things that are incomplete... I just removed the Auto Revive button upon death within interfaces.pck... But if someone out there has a fix, I'm all ears... :)

this auto revive i already fix
:)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TL;DR: i can't get pwadmin webpage to work. it says required resource isn't available.

Hey, i know im kinda late here lol sorry

thanks a lot for the server files, i don't have much experience , just wanted to setup a 155 server on a VM to play over LAN with a few friends.

I already have a 1.5.1 server working (used 343's tutorial) , on his release everything was working out of the box, with your release i have to setup a few things on my own, which is cool, but i'm having a few problems to make the pwadmin page work.

Client side, i downloaded the client you provided on post #3, and the element files, copied over elements.data and the other 4 files from your server files to the client. the client runs and i can see my server ping.

I followed your README notes. this is what i did so far:

- Installed ubuntu 14.04 server on a VM.

- Unzip'd pw155_pwAdmin.tar.gz and made a ISO file with it to send it over to the VM (then, using mount /dev/cdrom, copied over the files to the root directory of server) i didnt find a better way to copy the files to server lol, openssh + winscp didn't work , it kept rejecting my password.

- Ran this command , /root/inst_Debian8_Ubuntu14.sh , halfway through it asked me for something that gave me two options, apache tomcat and something else, i choosed apache tomcat. then a few mysql passwords, filled them all with root.

- ran this command , mysql -uroot -proot < /root/db.sql which worked just fine, not errors.

- cd /home , then ./start.sh and everything seems to be working, no errors.

-opened my client, i see my server, even tried to log in with random credentials and i see it reflected on my server screen

"TRACE: gdelivery::matrixpasswd query, user = randomuser "

the problem is that i can't create any accounts, because none of these urls work:

MySQL php admin =

PW Admin = this one says "required resource isn't available "

registration page =

First and third url give me this error. Not Found

The requested URL /register.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.0.100 Port 80

on i get this: It works !

If you're seeing this page via a web browser, it means you've setup Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!

I know this is probably some basic stuff im missing , but if someone is reading and can help me out it would be great! so thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey Wrechid, first thanks a lot for this release. I've downloaded it and all. I appreciate your contributions a lot, they help me getting back into PW deving...

I have a question however, since Ubuntu 14.04 has reached it's end of life on April 30, 2019.. how are we to update and install all needed files for this release? I'm sorry if it was answered already, I just wasn't really feeling the whole search and search bar at this time as I just want to get stuff to work lol.

Or are the updates etc not even needed and I can skip those, if so, I'll just do that. I hope you are taking care of yourself and loved ones, and staying safe.

Thanks again.

Sorry I got it working just fine.

My next question is this... is the GS edited at all? I seem to be able to jump/teleport anywhere I want without having GM on my account.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry I feel really stupid. I figured it all out last night after asking... same with the whole debug features on PW compared to the other servers that I am not used to v.v

Thank you for this release.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Wrechid do you still have the .sh file for easy server setup? It's called PWserver_Conf.sh. Sorry because I lost my copy. Thank you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi @Wrechid do you still have the .sh file for easy server setup? It's called PWserver_Conf.sh. Sorry because I lost my copy. Thank you!

What are you looking for exactly, maybe I can help you?

I set this all up from a fresh install on 14.04, you might run into some errors as that version has reached it's end of life support.

These are the only two I could find in the files;

Code:
#!/bin/bash

tar -zxvf ./pw155_pwAdmin.tar.gz -C /

echo "PW Server archive extracted..."

exit 1

and

#!/bin/bash

# Install Packages required for Perfect World server on Debian 8 and Ubuntu 14
# Script courtesy of Wrechid...

set -e

apt-get update
apt-get install -y openjdk-7-jre apache2 mysql-server php5 php5-mysql php5-curl phpmyadmin libsvn-java
dpkg --add-architecture i386
apt-get update
apt-get -y install lib32z1 lib32ncurses5
apt-get install -y libgtk2.0-0:i386 libidn11:i386 gstreamer0.10-pulseaudio:i386 gstreamer0.10-plugins-base:i386 gstreamer0.10-plugins-good:i386
apt-get install -y tomcat7
echo -e '\r'
echo "All required packages installed..."
echo -e '\r'
exit 0

For me I had to first do this so it would even update.

sudo sed -i 's/deb\ cdrom/#deb\ cdrom/g' /etc/apt/sources.list
sudo sed -i 's/deb-src\ cdrom/#deb\ cdrom/g' /etc/apt/sources.list

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hi guys ,

I have stumbled in a weird issue with new chars. im not sure if this is from release it self or i by mistake changed it. however, i managed to fix it after 1 week of searching :D

The issue was , when a new char is created , it is by default in pk mode (have to wait 10 hours to turn off!!), while server is set pvp=0. I tried to play around with clsconfig chars, reset them , re-import the clsconfig that came with the release but no luck.

The solution i found was very simple , run the following gamedbd command : (take backup of your db data just incase)

./gamedbd gamesys.conf setclspvpflag flag

where flag: 0 = disable pk mode for clsconfig chars , 1= enable pk for clsconfig chars. (i did'nt try flag as 1 though).

so:
./gamedbd gamesys.conf setclspvpflag 0 - means disable pk mode for clsconfig
./gamedbd gamesys.conf setclspvpflag 1 - means enable pk mode for clsconfig

though to share :)

regards,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello all, i got server working smooth, i create account using register and log in and play but i cant enter pwAdmin or iweb it takes me to the It Works page that it shows when its fresh install and i cant open all the other maps or manage server, i looked at the config files , all IPs look correct, i followed all steps and it all works but that i am burnt out am i missing something here?
Is it a factor that i used Ubuntu server 14.6?
Am i missing JDK or is there a config not pointing in the right direction somewhere?
TIA

update i figured it out, for who might have issues accessing the websites:
the server needs to be started using "server start" on the command line and then it will all work.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
TL;DR: i can't get pwadmin webpage to work. it says required resource isn't available.

Hey, i know im kinda late here lol sorry

thanks a lot for the server files, i don't have much experience , just wanted to setup a 155 server on a VM to play over LAN with a few friends.

I already have a 1.5.1 server working (used 343's tutorial) , on his release everything was working out of the box, with your release i have to setup a few things on my own, which is cool, but i'm having a few problems to make the pwadmin page work.

Client side, i downloaded the client you provided on post #3, and the element files, copied over elements.data and the other 4 files from your server files to the client. the client runs and i can see my server ping.

I followed your README notes. this is what i did so far:

- Installed ubuntu 14.04 server on a VM.

- Unzip'd pw155_pwAdmin.tar.gz and made a ISO file with it to send it over to the VM (then, using mount /dev/cdrom, copied over the files to the root directory of server) i didnt find a better way to copy the files to server lol, openssh + winscp didn't work , it kept rejecting my password.

- Ran this command , /root/inst_Debian8_Ubuntu14.sh , halfway through it asked me for something that gave me two options, apache tomcat and something else, i choosed apache tomcat. then a few mysql passwords, filled them all with root.

- ran this command , mysql -uroot -proot < /root/db.sql which worked just fine, not errors.

- cd /home , then ./start.sh and everything seems to be working, no errors.

-opened my client, i see my server, even tried to log in with random credentials and i see it reflected on my server screen

"TRACE: gdelivery::matrixpasswd query, user = randomuser "

the problem is that i can't create any accounts, because none of these urls work:

MySQL php admin =

PW Admin = this one says "required resource isn't available "

registration page =

First and third url give me this error. Not Found

The requested URL /register.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.0.100 Port 80

on i get this: It works !

If you're seeing this page via a web browser, it means you've setup Tomcat successfully. Congratulations!

I know this is probably some basic stuff im missing , but if someone is reading and can help me out it would be great! so thanks in advance!

Hello, i had the same problem and posted a bit ago and since i didnt get any answers i kept trying stuff and i found out that using just ./start.sh does not do the trick, once you have it installed just run it using the "server start" sentence it will act completely different but will do everything you need to see all the websites and all, unfortunately this is the way it should always be started, so that it all works or at least the only way i know how to now.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The pck files are archived... Use a tool like WinPCK to decompress the files then edit/add etc...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The pck files are archived... Use a tool like WinPCK to decompress the files then edit/add etc...

Thank you i made it work, !!

Question for you all, is it normal for this server to not account Interval gear on any toon except for blademaster?
My BM is the only one that wears Interval gear and it shows in the Attacks per second box, any other toon i have tried, ( mage Sin etc) do not seem to be affected regardless of how mant items with interval or channeling they are wearing, it just goes with what the weapon says in the attacks per second box.

Also i am having a hard time trying to figure out why the teleporters in Lothranis and momaganon A20 and A21 i believe, do not work inside the map, they will tele out back to PW but not to other points inside the same map.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Got another one, IS there anything related to the MOB called Lady Decadence (ID49876) that i might be missing here?
Let me explain: I finish editing npcgen for the World Map removing some of the Chinese NPC's that dont seem very relevant, and then i added a few, they all appear and work normally but then i try the quest from moo sencho part of the quest chain to go to elysium and eventually be able to enter the housing system and the MOB for the quest mentioned above does not spawn anymore/. I put back the original npcgen and it works again, now i do not touch mobs at all and i dont touch errors i leave everything as it is exept for the NPC's i remove and put in, so i dont know why, I also did a search on the npcgen editor and this mob name or ID do not come up at all, and i dont know f it spawns from a different location to world? which makes little sense or how it all works all i know is once i edit npcgen the mob never works again.
Any clues on this guys??
TIA

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Name: PW155_Setup_v1.rar
Size: 1355500926 bytes (1292 MiB)
CRC64: E74173B5C657D556
SHA256: 5FE5002D943C2AD6B1329B9A21F1A7351C34CEBFDC22AF89C8656AA1072E78A9

Reactions: 343
Reaction score
You'll have to do some searching... Rey35 on the mmorpg-devs.ru forums has a nice task editor, and seledit with the needed configs... Kn1fe has a github with pck tool and aipolicy editor... Just need to search around... :)

Almost forget Luka, lol... His gshop editor works good... :)

The AIPolicy editor(s) I have don't seem to open from v155 =\, you have one you could hook me up with?

Also, while I'm here, I cannot seem to open the gshopsev2.data (v155 server side)... You have anything that handles that one? It does seem the one you referenced (made by Luka) will open the client side gshop2.data (although other versions of gshop editor say that's actually a server side gshop - some really odd weird crap going on now that there's THREE gshops >.< @.@)... But it doesn't seem to want to open the gshopsev2.data...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
AIPolicy editor 1.5.5+.

Reactions: 343
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey.

The Treasures/Fortune Key window does not open.
Do i miss someting or where can i find the OnClick functions?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello, I don't understand "patch client"... If you are wanting a compatible 155 client, i use this one as a base...

Download v159 client

Replace the elementclient.exe with a build 2567 so that it will read v156 elements.data v128 tasks.data...

Copy elements.data, tasks.data, gshop.data, gshop1.data, and gshop2.data from server side to client...

Hi. I've done exactly as you said, but I'm getting an "Unknown error (-1)" during login process. Can you please share any ideas on how I can fix the issue? I've tried to google it, but it's nearly impossible with such ambiguous error message =( All other modules such as server, register, pwAdmin are working correctly, I've created an account and everything looks fine, except client side.

Back