Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PW 155 Out of the Box

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've figured it out. I downloaded different client from the forum and it works. I chose a downgraded from 1.6 one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi!
Registration error!
Vbox installed on Ubuntu 16.04Installed PW 1.5.5v156 server.Server runs without error phpmyadmin,sql database installed.Client sees the server.Error: I can't register an account.Register.php writes:Account not registeredI can't find the error!Please help!Thanks!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Verify that register.php can communicate with sql db, open register.php with text editor and verify db info...

Also register.php needs to be edited for php7 on Ubuntu 16+...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The register php is fine. The server has MYSQL 5.7. That's the problem. In phpmyadmin, it reports more errors than the procedure.

Hello!

Vbox tested on Ubuntu 16.04-18.04
Installed PW 1.5.5v156 server.Server running without error phpmyadmin,
sql database installed.Client sees the server.
Error: mysql server 5.7.33 versionsql procedures produce an error.
Do you have an idea for a solution?

Wrechid - PW 155 Out of the Box - RaGEZONE Forums

Hi!

Vbox installed on Ubuntu 14.04
Installed PW 1.5.5v156 server.
Server runs without error phpmyadmin,
sql database installed.
Client sees the server.
Error: What might be the problem?
Please help!
Thanks!

Error log:

authd:: add PollIO task.
gauthd: 18 Feb 2021 12:50:55,889 INFO GAuthServer:44 - authd:: add PollIO task.
gauthd: 18 Feb 2021 12:51:04,479 INFO GAuthServer:? - GAuthServer::OnAddSession com.goldhuman.IO.Protocol.Session@4ebac9b9
gauthd: 18 Feb 2021 12:51:04,977 INFO GAuthServer:? - AnnounceZoneid3, clear all online records on zone 1
java.sql.SQLException: User does not have access to metadata required to determine stored procedure parameter types. If rights can not be granted, configure connection with "noAccessToProcedureBodies=true" to have driver generate parameters that represent INOUT strings irregardless of actual parameter types.
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1055)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:956)
at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:926)
at com.mysql.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData.getCallStmtParameterTypes(DatabaseMetaData.java:1611)
at com.mysql.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData.getProcedureOrFunctionColumns(DatabaseMetaData.java:4138)
at com.mysql.jdbc.DatabaseMetaData.getProcedureColumns(DatabaseMetaData.java:4056)
at com.mysql.jdbc.CallableStatement.determineParameterTypes(CallableStatement.java:827)
at com.mysql.jdbc.CallableStatement.<init>(CallableStatement.java:625)
at com.mysql.jdbc.JDBC4CallableStatement.<init>(JDBC4CallableStatement.java:46)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:406)
at com.mysql.jdbc.CallableStatement.getInstance(CallableStatement.java:521)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.parseCallableStatement(ConnectionImpl.java:4029)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.prepareCall(ConnectionImpl.java:4113)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.prepareCall(ConnectionImpl.java:4087)
at application.procedure.handler.execute(handler.java:181)
at com.goldhuman.account.storage.clearOnlineRecords(Unknown Source)
at protocol.AnnounceZoneid3.Process(Unknown Source)
at com.goldhuman.IO.Protocol.Task.run(Unknown Source)
at com.goldhuman.Common.ThreadPool.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
gauthd: 18 Feb 2021 12:51:05,015 INFO GAuthServer:? - AnnounceZoneid3, aid=1,zoneid=1,ip1=0.0.0.0,ip2=0.0.0.0,ip3=0.0.0.0

Solved!
Sorry!

Hi!
Where can I set PW server 1.5.5 server multipliers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
anyone else get stuck with "incorrect username or password" ? i checked all the logs, it's not reporting any problems i'm trying to run it on centos 7

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi!
I have found that the monsters in the instas throw little or nothing. How can you add items or money to the monsters drop?Thanks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Event problems!
Hello!
Sorry for the questions, but I'm just learning the Perfect World server.1. Where can I set the start of automatic events?2. The cross-server is42 / a42 - "PWI 2015 Cross Server Tournament Event (Wargod Gulch) Containing NW, TW, and SV (Tank Battle)" is loaded,but events don't start and I can't teleport to the cross-server from the GM panel.Server: 1.5.5.v156Does anyone have an idea?Thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is a working 155 server archive put together from the cpackage with minimal changes, just enough to get working in a private server... It's got pwadmin, CPW on the side, and a small script for installing the required packages on debian 8 or Ubuntu 14...

README.TXT file has details...

Easy setup,

Extract
Install packages
Import sql
Sync data files (elements.data, tasks.data, and all ghops)
Start server

Thanx to all those who have shared files, support, and knowledge...

default phpmyadmin username:password is root:root, i changed username:password to root:sskg then reboot system then i got "server network error". when i change back to root:root, its working fine. my question is, so there is no way to change the password of phpmyadmin? im just thinking root:root is so easy to guess by other player. so other player can access my phpmyadmin? thank you

p.s. register.php password also edited each try.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Understanding of the password...

There are many different programs here... Phpmyadmin is a separate program or client that accesses the sql db... That has a password requirement of its own... You can change that password to your choice, Google how to change phpmyadmin login details...

Mysql is another program that is password protected... It is recommended to create another user with a password of your choice... Once you create a new user and password you have to put the new information in phpmyadmin so it can manage the sql db...
Also you have to add the new login info in authd so that it can read the gamers info (authd/table.xml)... This is probably where you are getting the server error...

Reaction score
Actually, technically speaking, when you have things properly set up, you don't need a password at all on certain things IMHO! The only reason you'd "NEED" a password would be for LOCAL protection too... IE: If you have your MySQL/DB stuff (including phpmyadmin) properly set up; they would NOT even allow ANY "access" from outside the LAN anyway! So, at that point the ONLY "reason" for a password is for LOCAL / PHYSICAL protection...

While I know that IS still an area of concern for some situations or setups for many people, it's not one of mine, personally. Because I would guard my servers with this instead of password:

or at least this

My point is; when done right, you really do NOT "require" a password on *everything* ~~ UNLESS you ALSO need to guard against LOCAL/PHYSICAL intrusion too... :wink:

One prime example I could use that I'm intimately familiar with would be pwAdmin on MY release... I have it set up so that pwAdmin can ONLY be accessed by the LAN... So, it wouldn't even matter if you never changed the default password (root), because if you're not within the LAN, you CANNOT access pwAdmin...! Again, unless you also needed "protection" from LOCAL intrusion..!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Understanding of the password...

There are many different programs here... Phpmyadmin is a separate program or client that accesses the sql db... That has a password requirement of its own... You can change that password to your choice, Google how to change phpmyadmin login details...

Mysql is another program that is password protected... It is recommended to create another user with a password of your choice... Once you create a new user and password you have to put the new information in phpmyadmin so it can manage the sql db...
Also you have to add the new login info in authd so that it can read the gamers info (authd/table.xml)... This is probably where you are getting the server error...

thank you!!! problem solve, its the authd, must change password. thanks :love:

Actually, technically speaking, when you have things properly set up, you don't need a password at all on certain things IMHO! The only reason you'd "NEED" a password would be for LOCAL protection too... IE: If you have your MySQL/DB stuff (including phpmyadmin) properly set up; they would NOT even allow ANY "access" from outside the LAN anyway! So, at that point the ONLY "reason" for a password is for LOCAL / PHYSICAL protection...

While I know that IS still an area of concern for some situations or setups for many people, it's not one of mine, personally. Because I would guard my servers with this instead of password:

or at least this

My point is; when done right, you really do NOT "require" a password on *everything* ~~ UNLESS you ALSO need to guard against LOCAL/PHYSICAL intrusion too... :wink:

One prime example I could use that I'm intimately familiar with would be pwAdmin on MY release... I have it set up so that pwAdmin can ONLY be accessed by the LAN... So, it wouldn't even matter if you never changed the default password (root), because if you're not within the LAN, you CANNOT access pwAdmin...! Again, unless you also needed "protection" from LOCAL intrusion..!

that was funny lol :thumbup1::): yes, we are playing via lan :)

Reactions: 343
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
wow, Failed to find the Homestead? there is no quest to build my homestead, also the cornucopia is missing? anyone who encounter this issue? i did not edit anything, all maps are running, all copy is fresh out of the box? help please. thank you

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
wow, Failed to find the Homestead? there is no quest to build my homestead, also the cornucopia is missing? anyone who encounter this issue? i did not edit anything, all maps are running, all copy is fresh out of the box? help please. thank you

I have that same problem, and the solution is in page3 of this topic. But ill also Quote it. :blushing:

I haven't tried... Biggest problem I had with using recent distros of Linux was the default Java, newer tomcat, and updated packages... Java you can, install older versions... Tomcat used for pwadmin, you can use Jakarta for that... As for the packages, just do a apt-cache search to find the current package version...

Are you using the tasks.data and elements.data from the client side...? I didn't modify anything from what the official plan was, and they have made a lot of changes... The one thing that will differ is the npcgen... I'll look into it...

Ok i looked it through, yes PWE changed the quests around... if you compare a clean copy of v156 elements.data with the one in the downgraded client, look at the NPC's Veda and Nightbloom Task_IN and OUT service table... the task IDs for Monk's Reply and Most Important Message are missing... just add them in... i'll update it on my client when i get a chance... :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!How and in which file can I change the start time of automatic events? Thanks for your reply who can help. Version: 1.5.5v156

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Updated the link in OP with English pwadmin, added php-pwadmin, fixed libs location, added Debian/ubuntu setup for the newer versions of Debian/Ubuntu...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I am encountering the same issue. The icon is there, but clicking on it does nothing. Any ideas?
this has been a known issue since the original 1.5.5 release, without source code i'm not sure if this one can be fixed.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I have tested your package and it appears as an old version when trying to enter the client has been fixed gshop, gshop1 and gshop2.I type anything in the login screen and it already shows the message from the old version, it doesn't check if the account is correct.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Client logs will give more information of which data file is not properly synced with the server... Which client are you using...?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey, fantastic work on packaging everything

I got the server to run, services are all up, but I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how to actually connect to it. Did it by running the /root/install.sh script on a Debian 10 machine.

I downloaded the client and elementclient you listed here, extracted everything, copied the *.data files from server to client, updated the txt files with my host ip, and ran the server, but when I launch elementclient.exe, I get an error asking me to install ARC. Even though it felt wrong, I tried installing ARC to see if it solved the issue, but then elementclient.exe wouldn't even launch anymore (nor would ARC, for that matter).

Thinking it looked a lot like the patcher was the issue, I also tried following the instructions to configure CPW. I followed the CPW_SETUP.txt file, ran the commands, copied files. Then I extracted the PCK files using and put the extracted dirs into server element folder, but running
Code:
cpw initial
throws me this error:

Code:
java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException: -1783055140
        at com.pwemu.clientupdater.CPWCreator.pack(CPWCreator.java:454)
        at com.pwemu.clientupdater.CPWCreator.update(CPWCreator.java:419)
        at com.pwemu.clientupdater.CPWCreator.update(CPWCreator.java:390)
        at com.pwemu.clientupdater.CPWCreator.revision(CPWCreator.java:148)
        at com.pwemu.clientupdater.CPWCreator.initial(CPWCreator.java:135)
        at com.pwemu.clientupdater.CPW.initial(CPW.java:155)
        at com.pwemu.clientupdater.CPW.main(CPW.java:73)

Can anyone land a hand? I'm doing this for fun for the first time, and although Linux and bash are not a problem for me, my inexperience with PW servers definitaly is lol. I'm not even sure if the CPW steps are actually required.

A step-by-step on how to connect to my server after following the OP would be awesome!

Thx!

Back