Re: PW 155 Out of the Box

PW 155 Out of the Box
    Would this work on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS?

True MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    EMPTYLocation
    305Posts

I haven't tried... Biggest problem I had with using recent distros of Linux was the default Java, newer tomcat, and updated packages... Java you can, install older versions... Tomcat used for pwadmin, you can use Jakarta for that... As for the packages, just do a apt-cache search to find the current package version...
    This FORUM is poorly run, and suks...

MemberRank
    Jun 2014 Join Date
    2Posts

So I got this server working with your downgraded client. I can't seem to enter the homestead though, the NPC Vedas doesn't have the quest "The Monk's Reply" instead one of the NPC's near the homestead weapon forge has that quest (I can't remember what his name is), Nightbloom doesn't have a quest available so I cant turn it in. Anyways thanks for the release

True MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    EMPTYLocation
    305Posts

Are you using the tasks.data and elements.data from the client side...? I didn't modify anything from what the official plan was, and they have made a lot of changes... The one thing that will differ is the npcgen... I'll look into it...

- - - Updated - - -

Ok i looked it through, yes PWE changed the quests around... if you compare a clean copy of v156 elements.data with the one in the downgraded client, look at the NPC's Veda and Nightbloom Task_IN and OUT service table... the task IDs for Monk's Reply and Most Important Message are missing... just add them in... i'll update it on my client when i get a chance... :)

MemberRank
    Jun 2014 Join Date
    2Posts

Ok tyvm (and ya I'm using the client side files) sorry for such a noob question but what program do you use to open npcgen.data for 1.5.5 (almost all the tools I've tried have complained that the version is unknown).

MemberRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    6Posts

Ive just gotten back into pw servers i have the server running with no problems when i open the client it tries to connect to pwi and update even tho it doesnt have the update address for pwi do i need to let it upgrade and then downgrade it or am i missing something else?

True MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    EMPTYLocation
    305Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnackh View Post
    Ok tyvm (and ya I'm using the client side files) sorry for such a noob question but what program do you use to open npcgen.data for 1.5.5 (almost all the tools I've tried have complained that the version is unknown).
    Npcgen Editor by Luka

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyushiri View Post
    Ive just gotten back into pw servers i have the server running with no problems when i open the client it tries to connect to pwi and update even tho it doesnt have the update address for pwi do i need to let it upgrade and then downgrade it or am i missing something else?
    there are 2 serverlist.txt and updateserver.txt locations :
    .\element\userdata\server\updateserver.txt
    .\patcher\server\updateserver.txt

if you use the patcher/launcher to start the client it will default the patcher folder first... in the end you only want the serverlist.txt and/or updateserver.txt in one or the other location to prevent confusion... if one or both do not exist, you'll need to create them...

True MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    EMPTYLocation
    305Posts

pwadmin is one of many different services here...

Did you check if pwadmin was running...?
    Did you try restarting pwadmin...?
    Did you verify correct ip/link...?
    Did you check the settings in .pwadminconf.jsp...?

Could be many reasons... :)

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    27Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wrechid View Post
    Copy elements.data, tasks.data, gshop.data, gshop1.data, and gshop2.data from server side to client...
    can't find these files on server side.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what's happening when I click "Start" button. Can anyone help me?

- - - Updated - - -

I am setting up my server last nigh when I got confused with this step(in an instruction file named "CPW_SETUP.txt":

"4 - (launcher Verify option) copy element dir from client to ./CPW/files/new/*.pck archives have to be extracted*** do not put .pck files in ./new dir ***example: models.pck = ./new/element/models/"

since "client/element" dir from client does not have anything on it, what I did was I copied "client/config/element" from client to the server side.

The folder "client/config/element" contains:

I really dont know where did I get wrong. I hope anyone could help me. Thanks.
    Last edited by obideleon; 05-02-19 at 01:55 PM.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    EMPTYLocation
    305Posts

DATA files server side "gamed/config/elements.data"

===

The Verify option is not required for CPW to work, it is used to verify the whole client OR just the files that you have updated or modifed since the time you setup CPW...

For the Verify "whole client" to work, CPW needs a full copy of the client "element" directory... BUT the .pck files have to be extracted...

(DO NOT put the .pck files on CPW)

Most pck tools extract the pck files into a relative directory, example models.pck extracted to "models.pck.files"... CPW dosen't know what to do with that folder name... when you put the folder onto CPW you need the next one, named "models"...

====

As for the error above,

try modifying the elements.data file then running new patch so that CPW is on patch 2,

run cpw x patch on elementsclient.exe and patcher.exe,

verify ip in both serverlist.txt and updateserver.txt files

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    27Posts

Yeah I found it yesterday it works now, I was able to update the client. Thanks by the way.

My problem now is I can register the account using register.php but everytime I'm trying to login using that account is "Invalid username or password".

When I try to make an account in pwadmin it's not letting me make an account, it always says "Connecting to MySQL failed".

I am now looking for a file called "pwadminconf.jsp" but it seems missing, I think all the login credentials in there are required to connect to MySQL.
    Last edited by obideleon; 07-02-19 at 04:21 AM.

True MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    EMPTYLocation
    305Posts

/usr/local/jakarta/webapps/pwadmin/WEB-INF/.pwadminconf.jsp

MemberRank
    Oct 2018 Join Date
    27Posts

still not working :(

MemberRank
    Oct 2012 Join Date
    3Posts

happy Re: PW 155 Out of the Box

hi @obideleon

I have managed to workaround account creation issue by updating the register.php code to be compatible with php7 .. attached for you.

@Wrechid

I been trying to run elementclint.exe with debug consle but with no luck.. any idea how to enable it? im using the suggested client in this thread's first page.

and this is what i use to start elementcline.exe with console mode:

elementclient.exe game:cpw console:1

thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Advertisement