Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

v1.5.5 Client Downgraded and Translated

Reaction score
Ok so that just happened :(:

So I left my test/build server running while running out to the store... I was gone about 1-2 hours and upon my return couldn't do anything, just like the almost instant "error/crash" from leaving [region] tags inside region.clt...

So I closed the client, and attempted to reconnect. To no avail... The server needed to be restarted before further connection was possible...

Thing was, I went AFK inside a SZ in Momaganon (a22/is22)...

So, I'm pretty sure (even prior to fully evaluating the server error logs) that this is the ultimate culprit... Upon restarting and entering, this is one of the most recent errors (pre-translated to English for everyone's convenience)

Wrechid - v1.5.5 Client Downgraded and Translated - RaGEZONE Forums

SO

The MAIN problem with this is, whether intentional or unintentional - ANY players who AFK in your a21 or a22 will 'crash' your server!!!!!!!

That is, if you remove the [region] tags from your CLT and not your SEV (or so I'm currently assuming)!!!!!!!

So, that means, doing that, that way, is NOT a fix !!!!

Of course now that I am trying to replicate the problem, it's not doing it >.<

I've been sitting here with my thumb in my you know what for at least the last 4 hours watching my log tail, waiting for something interesting to happen (and a 'crash') and *NOTHING*

>.<

@.@

Welp, this is definitely going to require a LOT more troubleshooting! It's been more than double the time-frame and I have been unable to replicate :grr:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
leaving a player afk is probably not the exact cause of crash, i do believe this is happening due some assembly change not properly done, or game edit, is not a default behavior of original game package.

i recomend you using gdb and reading the backtrace log to see the exact reason of crash.

Reaction score
leaving a player afk is probably not the exact cause of crash, i do believe this is happening due some assembly change not properly done, or game edit, is not a default behavior of original game package.

i recomend you using gdb and reading the backtrace log to see the exact reason of crash.

Well I am not sure what to think right now, TBH... I tried to replicate by leaving my toon AFK in a22 all night while I slept - and there was no crash... So you are probably right that it's not due to AFK - or ultimately - this "map issue"...

I also do not think it's from any gs editing because I did that all myself, and I was very meticulous about it...

I was just attempting to use logic on it though, without actually converting the entire log from Chinese => English... But now it looks like that's exactly what I'm going to have to do! My "logic" was as follows: I left for a while so I left the server/client (running and) unattended. When I got back there was a problem. pwAdmin showed that all the "services" were "on", but I was basically "DCd", my toon couldn't do anything except walk around (like like this map problem with [region] left in CLT)... So I closed and reopened the client to "relog"... Once I saw that the server would not let me "relog", pwAdmin said all "services" were still "online" - I knew my only recourse at this point was to restart/reboot the server! So I did so, and was able to connect without issue at this point.

So, the first thing that actually came to mind was that, whatever caused this, was one of the many "automated things" (auction / event / etc) that the newer versions have/come with. So, I then asked somebody that I recently actually installed a server for if they have had any "issues" like this, or any crashes or problems. They said "NO I have not", so at that moment I knew it was NOT likely to be an "automated thing", because if it was - then they would have had problems too...! So that lead me back to thinking it was this whole map thing... Because so far, at least for now, to "fix" it all I did was remove the client side [region] tags from the CLT... The [region] information is still in/on the server side / SEV (so that the safe zone still exists)...

So then I went back to "test" to try to replicate - leaving my toon AFK in a SZ inside map a22...! I literally sat here for MANY HOURS watching the log tails, and waiting for something to happen. 4+ hours later I went to sleep and left it the same... I am now up, with NO errors in server error log, NO disconnect, NO crash, NO problems...!

So I am surely going to have to keep trying to replicate so that I can try to figure out why that happened - unless it actually was somehow just a "fluke"...! That and now I'm going to spend the start of my day converting the whole log file from Chinese to English so that I can maybe even narrow down why I had an issue...! I just happened to focus on the one that had the number 1024 in it because I know that's my character number so that's why I focused on that one error, the one I posted in the pic - that said "security zone status is suspicious"... Which just further led me to think/believe that this was this map thing, still causing issues (and quite possibly this 'crash' I had)...!

Welp, back to the drawing board!

Reaction score
Well, I am STILL trying to get my server to ("soft") "crash" again ~ to no avail!

So I *am* thinking it was surely not due to this map thing that it crashed that one time; it was just coincidence that it happened around the same time I was dealing with all this map crap, and pushing out my 10 yr anni release update...!

So far I have idled (AFK) for 24 hours on world map; then 2nd day into testing I idled (AFK) on/in a22; all still no crashes, no problems!

So I am going to guess that the map thing was NOT the cause of it, even though the server did also acknowledge "suspicious secure zone" stuff!

In the mean-time I am going to keep trying to get this thing to crash again!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
When I have a hard to diagnose problem, I load each service in a separate cmd instance. Then restart each one testing login... The output of each one and the logs will help greatly... I use this server full time on my main server, my toons are logged in for days without any problems... Recently I had a problem and used this method that only authd was crashing, not the server...

Reactions: 343
Reaction score
Hello!How and in which file can I change the start time of automatic events? Thanks for your reply who can help. Version: 1.5.5v156

Reaction score
Hi!
I have several questions.Server version: 1.5.5 v156
1.What event does TV / GvG work in 1.5.5 and where can it be set?
2.What events are triggered in the gdeliveryd gamesys.conf file by these settings:

[MNFBATTLE]apply_begin_time = [4]12:00:00apply_end_time = [4]24:00:00cross_begin_time = [6]19:30:00battle_begin_time = [6]20:00:00battle_end_time = [6]22:00:00credit_a = 40credit_b = 10credit_c = 10domain_count_lvl1=3domain_count_lvl2=9domain_count_lvl3=12max_apply_faction_num=2bonus_item_a=48097:4:999:16403bonus_item_b=48097:1:999:16403bonus_item_c=48097:1:999:16403bonus_item_master=28350:3:999:0is_mnfbattle_open=1

[CARNIVAL_0]type = 3begin_time = 19:40:00end_time = 20:00:00open_day = 4->-1

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I've been tinkering with the idea of downgrading the current v1.5.7 public client... I was wanting to use the new fashion, flyers, mounts, etc... It was easier than I expected... I went the extra mile, and got the new maps working too... The new maps do not have npcs or mobs due to no server side npcgen.data files, but was still fun exploring the new maps... Then I heard how the Chinese client was ahead of ARC's, so i grabbed a copy of there client and tried downgrading it... Come to find out, they are on version 1.6.0... And yes they are in the process of creating 2 new toons... Just to clarify, this is still a v1.5.5 client... The new skills, gs file, or anything aipolicy related does not work... All of the maps are able to be explored, most of the new fashion, mounts, and flyers do work... Most of the new quests work too... I have the whole storyline quest-chain for Neverfall currently working in my server... Had to make a few adjustments, but it does work...

This is a v1.6.0 (2018-09-04 build 2727) Chinese client downgraded (and translated using ARC's 1.5.7 client) down to v1.5.5... You'll need to have a working v1.5.5 server already setup... I tested using v1.5.5 server setup...

I modified paths in the elements.data file due to having to move the new models2 data to another pck file... Moved models2 data to textures.pck, and moved models2/players back to models.pck... To give models.pck a little more breathing room I moved a few npc models to textures.pck with models2 data... So in a nut shell, this elements.data will have to stay with the client... It can be modified, anyway you want...

The Chinese copy of litmodels.pck was at max size, so I cleaned out 12k of unused bmd files reducing its size by half a gb...

I tried keeping everything official as possible... Only custom thing I added, was the npc in west archo allowing you to explore the new maps... I created new precinct and region files for server side from ALL of the v1.6.0 maps... Created new server side world_targets which will fix all of the new teleport points... Partly translated the Chinese gshops just for kicks... Tasks.data is downgraded, but English only to where 1.5.7 client left off... Removed some title quests from tasks.data related to a91, due to causing server error... Also removed quest that kicks you out of a91 when closed...
SETUP :
Extract the server files...
Set your ip in serverlist.txt client side...
Start the new maps accordingly server side...

New maps beyond v1.5.5 :

is78 is79 is84 is85 is86 is87
is88 is89 is90 is91 is93 is94
is95 is96 is97 is98

I learned a lot from this whole process, and really enjoy playing with the files... If anything you could extract bits from it and do what ever...

PS : Map a97 looks amazing... Perfect World really out done them selves on that one... I can't wait to see it in a fully functional state... :)

--UPDATE--
Downgraded the client using English v1.6.2 (ARC's)... Moved npcs folder from models.pck to textures.pck... The paths have been adjusted in elements.data...

elements.data downgraded from v233...

Moved download to Google Drive for faster downloads...

do you have a new link of server files? please

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I'll post an updated link once I fix a few things...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
updated the links in OP...
added a lot of fixes...
as for 343's soft crash, i have seen something similar... one of the common bugs i have seen in this, is model paths in elements.data to models.pck not being correct for npcs and/or dynamicobjects... in your case it could of been one of those rare pets spawning or something triggered at a specific time or day...
keep in mind that i had to move a lot of items since models2.pck no exist yet, and had to make the changes in elements.data too...
somethings didn't like the move...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
updated the links in OP...
added a lot of fixes...
as for 343's soft crash, i have seen something similar... one of the common bugs i have seen in this, is model paths in elements.data to models.pck not being correct for npcs and/or dynamicobjects... in your case it could of been one of those rare pets spawning or something triggered at a specific time or day...
keep in mind that i had to move a lot of items since models2.pck no exist yet, and had to make the changes in elements.data too...
somethings didn't like the move...
i see link in OP and link in Client Have different size, so what better ?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i see link in OP and link in Client Have different size, so what better ?
The link in OP is clean and not personally customized aside from downgrade. This other link is the client i used for my active server... it is also downgraded and has personal stuff that i have added or customized...

as for which is better, try them both...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The link in OP is clean and not personally customized aside from downgrade. This other link is the client i used for my active server... it is also downgraded and has personal stuff that i have added or customized...

as for which is better, try them both...
Can you tell what has been edited Personally Customized ? Like NPC, Craft/Sell Service, Drop Monster, or Anything...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
that server has been running for more than 4 years... a lot has been changed, i have no idea where to begin... i try to stay close to stock with the exception of not taking a decade to get something done, and NOT give every toon maxed stats and gear as soon as they log in...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
that server has been running for more than 4 years... a lot has been changed, i have no idea where to begin... i try to stay close to stock with the exception of not taking a decade to get something done, and NOT give every toon maxed stats and gear as soon as they log in...
on op you say storyline quest-chain for Neverfall its work, this quest for can go to neverfall or quest in neverfall city? because if this story quest in neverfall i see npcgen on is78 is blank..

you have discord? im interested about your server sir :)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i do not use discord... yes a78 is blank... on my server i populated a78 myself... once you put all of the npcs and mobs in, the quest chain will start working...

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i do not use discord... yes a78 is blank... on my server i populated a78 myself... once you put all of the npcs and mobs in, the quest chain will start working...
or telegram
i try for export NPC Neverfall Guard from npcgen.data 1.7.4 (deadraky), and import to npcgen.data a78, all fine map run and no error
but if i export and import all list npc and mob from npcgen.data 1.7.4 (deadraky) to your npcgen.data map got error and cant run

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back