Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Is it possible to add another class skill to another class?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Is it possible to add another class skill to another job?

Like warrior sword skills to :> Seeker

iv been playing on Skills IDs on elements.data but hadnt make it work yet, as far i could study it, on skils database u do define the ID of the class that own that skill i v also tryied to add it on the skill learning npc for seeker but it still didint work

anyone got any clues?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't think this is possible as much of the skills information including learning skills is stored in the GS server file. I can't say for sure, I'm only basing my opinion on what I have read on the forums.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If it does learn the skill on the .gs by class ID so it might be possible to hex it and change the ID to another class maiby? hmm.. gonna look on it today

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
It is possible, though I will not give you the answer, the only thing you need to do is develop the system that will "allow" it, and then modify the animation for said class.

Reaction score
Although I will always say "anything is possible" because I do believe that 'anything' is possible, certain things just really aren't practical. This is one of those! Though it may be possible it is not practical... It would be rather simple to do for a single character IE say, for yourself. However to make 'permanent' changes for the entire game/server, VERY not practical...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok i did menage to add the skill to the seeker but its missing the animation like the guy upthere told does anyone know how to add it? .-.

lvdrake - Is it possible to add another class skill to another class? - RaGEZONE Forums

anyone know how to add the animations?

Reaction score
That is probably one of the biggest aspects that makes it not very practical. They never drew animations for things that certain classes "aren't supposed to have".

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
u mean that if i try to add the Same race skills since they use the same Body they may share the skills? i saw some guide on the google cant remember where now.. in order to change seeker body with Human body but dont think it would change the skills hmm..

so the commands are inside element.exe? if it is there may be a way to swap it to earthguard

Reaction score
Even if you could swap which classes the skills worked for there would be no animations since they only ever created the animations for the humans race. Similar to how using GM (or any other 'wings') on a non ELF race will give no animations, because they never made animations for 'wings' for any other race than the elf race...You'd have to pretty much start from the ground up on that one to make it work.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Woot! iv just found a way only need to study it a bit more to make it display properly (Thanks to wanmei lazy workers .-.) and a tip someone told me in another forum, the tricky lies on:

elementskills.dll

and then: on gfx.pck, Skillatk and .sgc if able to put everything toggether it will display ok ^^ (Using google images to searsh for the right skills :>_>

anyone got a Chinese skill database? .-.

***_***_***_***

Ok found it its on .att files, iv found a random thing x_X Elfs *Dance emoticon* on those att files on skill attack

Trough i know where it is.. dosnt seem to make much sense o_O hmm..

lvdrake - Is it possible to add another class skill to another class? - RaGEZONE Forums

巫师_复仇之魂封.att

MOXTVersion: 13
Path:
Hook:
Pos: 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000
RelHook: 1
Hanger:
ChildHook: 0
HitPos: 0
Hook:
Hanger:
Path:
Path:
Scale: 1.000000
MoveMode: 0
TargetMode: 0
AttMode: 0
Count: 1
Interv: 0
OneHit: 1
FadeOut: 0
IsArea: 0
Shape: 0
Range: 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000
FlyTime: 0
FlySpeed: 20.000000
Hook:
Hanger:
HitPos: 1
Hook:
Hanger:
RelScl: 1
TarScl: 1.800000
Path: 習赫薊\昜撮夔\僻笢\拵呇_葩喫眳骯猾_僻笢.gfx
TraceTarget: 0
ValType: 1
Int: 0
StayTime: 0

hmm maiby the sgc file that the toon action (locating it)

the sgc file also links for a particular gfx 巫师_复仇之魂封.sgc

MOXTVersion: 5
Path:
Path:
MoveMode: 0
TargetMode: 0
Count: 4
OneHit: 1
FadeOut: 0
IsArea: 1
Shape: 0
Range: 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000
FlyTime: 0
RelScl: 1
TarScl: 1.800000
Path: 習赫薊\昜撮夔\僻笢\拵呇_葩喫眳骯猾_僻笢.gfx
TraceTarget: 1
ValType: 1
Int: 0
Hook:
RelHook: 0
Hanger:
Hook:
Hanger:
Hook:
Hanger:

those are linked by elementskill.dll but still cant find what links it particulary to that class

Found the variable on IDA Decompiler, that forbbiden the skill to be used by especified weapon on GS but i cant just remove it cuz it would mess all the skills xD got to look further

Last edited:
Reactions: 343
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I guess that ppl that can understand this pic will find it very intristing and also yeah theres how to change the skill weapon requirement

So bascily u find that Line on IDA in the skill u r willing to change the requeriment weapon,

Also,

Find another skill to find the weapon restrict ID like an skill that may be used by any weapon,

copy the new ID copy the code go to ur Hexed editor of ur preference find the Hexed value that u found on IDA and change the Restriction weapon ID, to the new one, and save it ^^

Actualy a piece of cake .-.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can't say I entirely do understand the pic, I also cannot say I entirely do not understand it. I'd like to respond with the inquiry of could any of this - help with the topic here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f693/casting-interval-cap-783162/#post6565276 ???

I will admit it excites me to see the "// commoncooldown" and "// commoncooldowntime" figuring if not anything else, possibly a cooldown time could be added/modified to the triple spark (as a potential solution for the above threads problem [aps] I came up with a while back).

Either way I am also moving this to developments (as this is a pretty darn good discovery/development if you ask me) :wink: :):

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
This is very interesting, i hope there is a proper tutorial of it. :tongue:

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Within the confines of modifying an already compiled binary with IDA you are limited and would have to do a JUMPOUT to your own plugin library to even have file space to write new skill stubs, then you would need to fully understand the structure of skill filters and skill stubs and buff filters to be able to add your own and then you would need to link graphical poop to them like animations and icons and projectile graphics (.att .gfx) etc + add them to the main players's ECM and make .STCK animation for the skill (or copy existing) + register that stck prefix/suffix in Elements.data.

All of these systems stated above are correlated and need to work in tandem and the truth is without using source code build or paving new pathways by writing tools to work with this games graphics you are not going to get anywhere as its all too hardcoded and or unparsed by many.

I have successfully re-created the skill filter / buff filter logic of a 1.5.5 skill in source code build 1.5.2, imported its graphics and player animation poop, and then made it work and put together its skill stub then compiled server and client with it. Its one of the hardest things I ever did and thats with source code build not even already compiled PW project files.

Back