Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World Open Source Emulator

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
As i already noted somewhere, don't have the time to make much progress on the project atm. If anyone wants to jump in i will be there to guide though.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm almost a month doing sniffer and collected some information, what is missing to continue the implementation? Which package, I confess I'm a bit lost, I collected information from several different packages, but when I look at the code of the emulator does not know what to do with this information, often eye and it seems they have already been implemented in code. Some information seems to attack, loss of HP, MP Consumption, skill thrown at the moment. not posted yet because I'm in doubt, he was asked only to post something new that has not been posted, then tou confused and lost. Can anyone give me a hint how can I help?

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
im not sure if the posted information there is correct, its just posted and not implemented. the only thing im pretty sure about are the packet binary templates you can find in the svn.
The thing that is stopping progress atm is the proper packet size for sending stuff. The Server seems to be splitting packets somewhere at more than 1024 bytes and the re-compressor makes them bigger which makes it hard to comply with the splitting rules that the client needs.

a little sneak into the client what packet sizes it prefers in which case would be very helpful to be exact.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Anyone know how to add status and slot in Equipment?
such as CT-6, attack 0:10, his weapon at PW Offline option ..

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
OMG! It works! (at least I can connect until it says my client is too old)
How is the project going? How can I help in it?

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
i think it is the right one. maybe i forgot to commit the newest hash, or pwi has patched it's exe again recently. we need someone to fix up the mppc (pseudo)compressor because packets are too long or short some times which DC you on "Enter World"

Reactions: 343
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That mppc thing is a real big problem as I can see... Can't we bypass it?

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
if you can hex the client that it doesn't expect compressed packets, sure :D

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
it should be, you just need to intercept the decompression and use the packet directly, i guess thats done with a jmp instead jz/jnz/etc, the first 2 packets from server are uncompressed, the following are compressed, you just need to find the switch that goes on after 2 packets and disable it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My client is the PWBR-Level Up! Games Brazil, version 131 and elementclient version 1.4.2 (or 1.4.6? Well, I can't remember and I'm not at my computer now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
it should be, you just need to intercept the decompression and use the packet directly, i guess thats done with a jmp instead jz/jnz/etc, the first 2 packets from server are uncompressed, the following are compressed, you just need to find the switch that goes on after 2 packets and disable it.

Maybe it's a je,jnz... but we are not sure :mellow:

Genesis?Is it a new drug?
Reaction score
My client is the PWBR-Level Up! Games Brazil, version 131 and elementclient version 1.4.2 (or 1.4.6? Well, I can't remember and I'm not at my computer now.

What the hell are you talking about?

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

Hmm, Anubis, can I ask you...

How is the project going? I have visited the emulator's forum today, and there isn't much news about the progress...

Last edited:
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Check this last update was Aug 19

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so the emulator is in the beginning of the beginning? xD

Yeah. It's possible to login and create a character but it doesn't save cuz there's no gamedatabase.

I'm trying to make the needed sql tables to handle the characters data while Anubis rewrites the linkserver to handle a connection to a mysql server. So we could create and save the characters.

Also, you can click on the start button but there is no gameserver so the "enter world" procedure will fail and you will return to the login screen.

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
Its progressing somehow now. The only sad thing is, that it needed real 1.4.4 servers to pop out until some ppl started to work.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its progressing somehow now. The only sad thing is, that it needed real 1.4.4 servers to pop out until some ppl started to work.

You may eventually find useful at some point in time. Main reason I started it was because Ronny's tools are great and all but a terrible mess in code (which makes it difficult to do a damn thing with anything he wrote other then compile it). A full blown library to handle all kinds of PW-Editing sound quite useful to me, and I'm sure to any one else that wants to cook up something useful.

Back