Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Adopting 1.5.6 v190 client to 1.5.5 server

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, I want to play with client with higher version (1.5.6 v190) on my 1.5.5 server (as I don't have 1.5.6 server files).

I don't really need full logic from 1.5.6, just want to try interactive actions ("Show Affection" and "Adore and Love") from this version.

Can anyone please tell me which fixes should I do for server-part to function properly? I've tried to place elements.data and tasks.data to the server from the client, but gs can't handle it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I think that it might be possible to make the task simpler by placing 1.5.6 elementclient.exe to 1.5.5 client files and replacing redundant code in this elementclient by nop's. But still the question about server-part remains.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
replacing files can't work,because inside struct don't fit between server and client,the best way is modifying source of 1.5.5 client .

Upvote 0
Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
the sources are 1.5.3 and if you went through them you would know that..

well, i'm 100% sure atleast the client source code is 152, there few source codes for 153 but they are missing skills content because client is 152 so you will have problems if you don't recreate missing skills again.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I also think that it is possible to write code for these functions, compiling 1.5.2 server source and make some fixes for 1.5.6 client (or, maybe, even doing the same thing for 1.5.2 client) for working correctly with 1.5.2 server.

Upvote 0
Developer
Reaction score
i have done a small showcase of my work over client source code leaked, with a big help of a friend that i have these years Steve Langley, here you can see few features already done inside the client.

- Internal like skillsender feature.
- A Kinda of Vip System that could be enabled or disabled by subscription.
- Buffs / Debuffs countdown.
- Camera zoom over npcs conversations automatically generated.
- Buttons for easy access to Vip System, Helpdesk and livestreams from our partner teams.
- We are working for development of game arena already.

ptLch8D - Adopting 1.5.6 v190 client to 1.5.5 server - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Sorry I should have been more clear. Server side includes 1.5.3 but client side is 1.5.2.

ThePW also been using Angelica Map Editor heavily as you can see in the preview posted above. Nice to see some truly unique things being done with PW.

In case anyone is curious...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
From what I've heard, Neverfall client uses 32-bit addressation while Elysium server uses 16-bit addressation (not sure what it exactly means), which makes impossible to log-in unless we make big modifications to the server-side (or, maybe, client-side).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
PW has been 64bit since 1.5.2 I believe. there have been x64 and x86 clients in the folder for a while
I suppose that 16-bit addressation means that there are limitations related to 16-bit constants: e.g. the maximum level which server supports is 32767 (16-bit signed limit), the maximum ID of a quest is 65535 (16-bit unsigned limit),...

If I'm wrong, please somebody correct me.

Upvote 0
Developer
Reaction score
I suppose that 16-bit addressation means that there are limitations related to 16-bit constants: e.g. the maximum level which server supports is 32767 (16-bit signed limit), the maximum ID of a quest is 65535 (16-bit unsigned limit),...

If I'm wrong, please somebody correct me.

Actually server uses int32 for most things, but for items, it split item ID in half sending ID on first 2 bytes and custom data on other 2 bytes, for example color of fashion or embed gem color.

Upvote 0
Back