Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

converting chinese letters in PW and log files

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello,

i was trying to read some log and PW files, and i came accross several texts like
ÓµÓÐ16Æ·ÎäÆ÷µÄÍæ¼Ò

i tried saving them in a notepad++ as chinese simplified, it did covert them, but when i translate it, it just doesn't make sense at all. i kept trying with different encodings like GB 2312, EUC-CN and HZ-gb-2312, they all don't make sense when translated.

could anyone tell me what am i doing wrong in here? :s

I are an engineer
Reaction score
Try using

Open the file in Notepad++ and if the text appears as your example (ÓµÓÐ16Æ·ÎäÆ÷µÄÍæ¼Ò) then go to the menu and select:
Encoding > Character sets > Chinese > GB2312 (Simplified)
You can then save the file (optional) to UTF-8.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello, thanks for the replies,

i do exactly the same, in notepad++, and i get this result.

this line is taken from
world2.err
´ÓÊý¾Ý¿âÈ¡µÃserver data³¬Ê±when encoding is changed via notepad++ as @beyastard mentioned it changes to 麓脫脢媒戮脻驴芒脠隆碌脙server data鲁卢脢卤

this is what i get when i translate it:
patronum - converting chinese letters in PW and log files - RaGEZONE Forums

is this normal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright, i figured it out. thank you all for your replies, appreciated! :thumbup:

for those who can't make it, here is how i did it; i was making a video to demonstrate to you the process of how i convert that corrupted chinese text, then i noticed that all log files are ANSI, so i saved this ´ÓÊý¾Ý¿âÈ¡µÃserver data³¬Ê± in a file as ANSI, then i opened it in a notepad++, changed the encoding to chinese simplified, the output was 麓脫脢媒戮脻驴芒脠隆碌脙server data鲁卢脢卤 and when i translated it the result was as seen in the screenshot. now they all make sense!! :thumbup:

patronum - converting chinese letters in PW and log files - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you could have just pulled the file from the server and opened it directly and it would have done the same thing

yes, exactly that, i was only copying it from the terminal, that was my issue.

Upvote 0
Back