Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Exporting a .ski with texture

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I've managed to take a weapon from a npc and make it a single wep,
Viadeus - Exporting a .ski with texture - RaGEZONE Forums

now i need to save the .ski linked to a texture, but i have no clue how to

Help would be much appreciated ;)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
In blender you can paint a texture to a mesh with vertex painting mode, and then export the .ski

If it was originally a npc type .ski you will need to then copy and paste the model data chunk into a working weapon .ski or:

another better way to do this would be to save this ski, open a existing blade .ski that works and loads with your plugin, then add this .ski into the scene, mimic the vertex group names of the original blade onto the new blade you added into the scene, then delete the old blade mesh, link new texture, if its not mapped right then use vertex paint mode in blender to map the texture to the unwrapped model and then save and then u want to open 010 editor with a ski.bt structure file and compare parameters before and after to see if any ski mode types and version numbers or any dumb poop got corrupted when exporting, then test ingame, most likely the model will show up but it wont be in the correct 3d orientation in 3D Space, so you look ingame and look in blender and rotate + move the model where it needs to go, and then eventually you will have a working blade model.

If you are unfamiliar where to find the buttons to link a .dds to a mesh in Blender of that version just google manuals or tutorial videos for basic blender UI and find it. Its a very annoying software to use.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
In blender you can paint a texture to a mesh with vertex painting mode, and then export the .ski

If it was originally a npc type .ski you will need to then copy and paste the model data chunk into a working weapon .ski or:

another better way to do this would be to save this ski, open a existing blade .ski that works and loads with your plugin, then add this .ski into the scene, mimic the vertex group names of the original blade onto the new blade you added into the scene, then delete the old blade mesh, link new texture, if its not mapped right then use vertex paint mode in blender to map the texture to the unwrapped model and then save and then u want to open 010 editor with a ski.bt structure file and compare parameters before and after to see if any ski mode types and version numbers or any dumb poop got corrupted when exporting, then test ingame, most likely the model will show up but it wont be in the correct 3d orientation in 3D Space, so you look ingame and look in blender and rotate + move the model where it needs to go, and then eventually you will have a working blade model.

If you are unfamiliar where to find the buttons to link a .dds to a mesh in Blender of that version just google manuals or tutorial videos for basic blender UI and find it. Its a very annoying software to use.
Oh wow thats alot to just make a npc wep turn into a player wep, but i will definitly try this.
And for example i would want to try cut a mount in half, so i could add this to a weapon ( Like Claws ), does this work the same?

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Well as long as you import the mesh into a working simple weapon ski and repaint texture then sure, but you also need to fix any data corruption inside 010 editor that the ski plugins make since the ones existing are bad.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, and how am i able to find the corrupted part inside the 010 editor, Like where does it show?

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
if you have a .bt structure file for .ski files you can compare the original .ski vs the exported one and see if any of the parameters got accidentally messed up.
Ask Steve Langley if he still has the .ski structure file for 010 editor it may help you out.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would like to know how to import and export bon and stck files in 3D software

[报价=JV90;8991134]在Blender中,您可以使用顶点绘制模式将纹理绘制到网格中,然后导出.ski如果它最初是npc类型的.ski,则需要将模型数据块复制并粘贴到工作武器.ski

中,或者:

另一种更好的方法是保存这个滑雪板, 打开一个现有的刀片 .ski,它可以与你的插件一起工作和加载,然后将这个 .ski 添加到场景中,将原始刀片的顶点组名称模仿到你添加到场景中的新刀片上,然后删除旧的刀片网格,链接新纹理,如果未正确映射,则在 Blender 中使用顶点绘画模式将纹理映射到展开的模型,然后保存,然后你想打开010编辑器带有 ski.bt 结构文件并比较前后的参数,以查看导出时是否有任何滑雪模式类型和版本号或任何愚蠢的狗屎损坏,然后在游戏中进行测试,很可能模型会显示,但它不会在3D空间中处于正确的3D方向,因此您在游戏中查看并查看搅拌机并旋转+将模型移动到需要去的地方, 然后最终您将拥有一个有效的刀片模型。

如果您不熟悉在哪里可以找到用于将.dds链接到该版本的Blender中的网格的按钮,只需Google手册或基本Blender用户界面的教程视频即可找到它。这是一个非常烦人的软件。
[/引用]
​Do you mean that if you change the original skid knife, you need to edit the vertex group of the new blade to be the same as the original skid knife? Wow, this is a big project, assuming the knife is replaced with an action creature then wouldn't it be super super troublesome to modify, I currently want to convert the OBJ mannequin outside of the perfect world into a SKI mannequin so that this model can run in the game, I can currently convert OBJ to SKI, but only for still life, I want to get him moving, bon and stck files make me unable to start, what can you do cutely

Sorry, my English is not very good, using google translate, / you mean that if you change the original slippery, you need to edit the vertex group of the new blade to be the same as the original slippery? Wow, this is a big project, assuming the knife is replaced with an action creature, then the modification will not be super super troublesome, I currently want to convert the OBJ mannequin outside the perfect world to the SKI mannequin so that this model can run in the game, I can currently convert OBJ to SKI, but only for still life, I want to get him moving, bon and stck files make me unable to start, cute what tools do you have, please help me

Upvote 0
Back