Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

how to copy accounts/chars to new server

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
What file or files do i copy to new server to get all that info transferred over so no one has to start over?

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I have already done that, but the accounts dont show up in pwAdmin? is there something we are still missing?

Actually nvm it works, just have to re register account in pwAdmin to show up. problem now is that unique name deamon and database deamon wont start. Any clue how to ressolve?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
no the dbo from mysql is transferred as well. accounts and everythin shows up, but those 2 servers wont start.

or is there more from the mysql db that needs copied over besides dbo?

Thanks for your guy's support on this. Seems like im on the right track just with something that is boggling me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
Well if you had to re-register, something was majorly wrong since accounts are in dbo... Though if you don't really have a problem with it as of now, there's no point in talking about it.

You also actually do NOT have to 'copy/backup/transfer' (whatever you wanna call it) uniquenamed, the ONLY one that is REQUIRED (to save characters) is DBDATA/GAMEDBD... Some people can disagree with me all they want, but uniquenamed will re-populate itself automatically once you run your restored game DB... This has never caused issues in the probably THOUSANDS (1,000's) of times I have done it this way (NOT copying or 'backing up' uniquenamed')...

Now, with that out of the way, make or take your backup of the game DB data and delete clsconfig from the 'backup'. You will want to go from an 'empty' server installation (with no DB files at all) and start the daemons so that it creates all of the game DB files as it automatically does. Next step STOP all daemons. Following step, COPY your backup (WITH NO CLSCONFIG) to your 'running' DB directory (over-writing) the empty ones that running the daemon created... Presto your problem will be solved :wink:

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I have the worst luck lol, let me play with this and ill report back here soon.

You are the man 343, ty again I owe you Big Time

Now all i gotta do is figure out how to get the guildicon plugin within pwadmin to recognize guild leaders and such so that ppl can have guild icons. fun stuff

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Now, with that out of the way, make or take your backup of the game DB data and delete clsconfig from the 'backup'. You will want to go from an 'empty' server installation (with no DB files at all) and start the daemons so that it creates all of the game DB files as it automatically does. Next step STOP all daemons. Following step, COPY your backup (WITH NO CLSCONFIG) to your 'running' DB directory (over-writing) the empty ones that running the daemon created... Presto your problem will be solved
I did the transfer of the gameDB by the same way, but still having an errors such as impossibility of the new chars creation and joining to the morai fractions. It seems that the gamedb files format of the 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 servers are completely different. Is there any solution of how to convert the gamedb from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 format?

Upvote 0
Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
I did the transfer of the gameDB by the same way, but still having an errors such as impossibility of the new chars creation and joining to the morai fractions. It seems that the gamedb files format of the 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 servers are completely different. Is there any solution of how to convert the gamedb from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5 format?

well guy
two weeks later i needs update a 1.44 server to 1.45
i install the full server 145
after this i move all dbdata and dblogs of gamedbd and uniquenamed 1.44 to respectives folders
and started the server
hes autoupdating the db
after this the server open normally

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
why is this old butt thread being bumped. the responses in here actually are False anyways, there is more to it than copying the mysql database, and the database from the pwserver. Look it up research it, the answer is hidden within the 1.3.6 forums.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just some guys dont know how to upgrade db db 144 to 145 and put the module gamedbd and uniquenamed complety 144 on 145when just need put dbdata and dblogs of respectives modules 145
Well, I didn't put whole folders, just data from them. And one more thing: when I'm launching the server, there is an unknown info appears.
Bug2 - how to copy accounts/chars to new server - RaGEZONE Forums
Bu - how to copy accounts/chars to new server - RaGEZONE Forums
What could it be?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
that's quite normal actually, especially if you have everything posting to terminal instead of a log.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well if you had to re-register, something was majorly wrong since accounts are in dbo... Though if you don't really have a problem with it as of now, there's no point in talking about it.

You also actually do NOT have to 'copy/backup/transfer' (whatever you wanna call it) uniquenamed, the ONLY one that is REQUIRED (to save characters) is DBDATA/GAMEDBD... Some people can disagree with me all they want, but uniquenamed will re-populate itself automatically once you run your restored game DB... This has never caused issues in the probably THOUSANDS (1,000's) of times I have done it this way (NOT copying or 'backing up' uniquenamed')...

Now, with that out of the way, make or take your backup of the game DB data and delete clsconfig from the 'backup'. You will want to go from an 'empty' server installation (with no DB files at all) and start the daemons so that it creates all of the game DB files as it automatically does. Next step STOP all daemons. Following step, COPY your backup (WITH NO CLSCONFIG) to your 'running' DB directory (over-writing) the empty ones that running the daemon created... Presto your problem will be solved :wink:

I tryed your solution from 1.5.1 to 1.5.3 and that doesn't work... =(
All daemon running well but went i'm connect to the game, i don't have my Characters and the "create new one" button is disabled...

--------------

Problem solved

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
make or take your backup of the game DB data and delete clsconfig from the 'backup'. You will want to go from an 'empty' server installation (with no DB files at all) and start the daemons so that it creates all of the game DB files as it automatically does. Next step STOP all daemons. Following step, COPY your backup (WITH NO CLSCONFIG) to your 'running' DB directory (over-writing) the empty ones that running the daemon created... Presto your problem will be solved :wink:

So had done a dummy run a while back of copying data from 1.4.6 to 1.5.5, I thought all was working fine because I hadn't tried creating new chars. Now I've got problems with that, so re-copied the MySQL DB, wiped gamedbd and uniquenamed and let it autocreate the files, then copied in the 1.4.6 gamedbd files (minus clsconfig) as per above, and still got problems...

If I try to add a char onto an account that existed on the 1.4.6 server, I get "There is already a character by this name" (even if I type random gibberish name). If I try to create a new account (which works fine) then create a char on that, I get "Failed to create character". I can log in existing chars no problem. uniquenamed is running fine.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok got it to work. Am migrating 1.4.6 to 1.5.5... don't know if those version numbers affect what's necessary here, but what I had to do was:
* Wipe gamedbd/dbdata and /dblogs, and uniquenamed/dbdata and /dblogs
* Start 1.5.5 server + end it again (just to get default files created)
* Copy 1.4.6 gamedbd/dbdata over the top of 1.5.5 folder with exception of clsconfig (as per 343's instructions above)
* Copy 1.4.6 uniquenamed/dbdata over the top of 1.5.5 folder
* Now for some reason I don't get, nothing was necessary to "fix" gamedbd, it just worked. But uniquenamed had to loosely follow https://forum.ragezone.com/f754/tutorial-how-to-fix-database-895462/ and do:
* Wipe uniquename/dblogs (again)
* cd uniquenamed
* mv dbdata olddata
* mkdir dbdata
* ../gamedbd/dbtool -r -s olddata/unamerole -d dbata/unamerole (and so on, for each of the files in uniquenamed/olddata); each time this would output how many record it migrated

Started it all back up and worked, could create new accounts and new chars on those accounts.

Upvote 0
Back