Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Learning skill via "R" not working anymore

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello all,So I used a 1.4.5 npcgen.data file for my 1.5.3 server to get rid of all the new NPCs/areas/additions.However, after doing this, I am no longer capable of learning skills via "R". It says "Unable to learn this skill at this moment". Learning them via the class master NPCs is also not an option atm because they don't have the quests for learning skills (1.5.3 elements.data, where there are no skill mastery NPCs). I guess I could add the quests back to the newly existing NPCs but I would prefer to be able to learn skills via "R".

Would anyone happen to know what I could do? I don't really see it at the moment.
I was thinking it's just a matter of adding certain NPCs back that allow for learning via the skill panel, is this correct?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Already found out it's just a matter of adding back the NPCs that are in the "NPC graveyard" aka "GM Zone".
ID's of the needed NPCs are 44674 - 44683 for those wondering.

Reactions: 343
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would have never thought in a million years that NPCGEN would have prevented you from learning skills via the menu/direct... :O

Wowzers

Thanks for the useful comment!

Not everyone has been doing this for years ;) Also, learning the skills in a certain tab (without any NPC visually involed whatsoever) wouldn't make me guess it had to do with an NPC not existing. But hey, we have all been a noob at this at one point right? :)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I'm a *huge* newb when it comes to anything roughly > v145, which is about when I quit playing "retail"... But that's exactly why this forum (section) exists... For all to share knowledge, and questions - which usually/hopefully result in knowledge :D:

Upvote 0
Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
This happens due remote services settings inside npc element stub, when it is added to remote services, there is a packet that emits sevnpcid to client when player log-in to the server, if no npc is spawned, there's no sevnpcid to emit or use, then, client can't send npc hello neither npc use services like learn skill.

And remote npc is new feature from 152.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey, can i ask?

I only can learn skill in the "Celestial Vale", it says "unable to learn skill at this time" when i try to learn skill via "R" in World (gs01), i try to find on another thread, they said to copy the original npcgen.data to the server directory, but it will erase all the monster and NPC that i've set up before.

So, is there any chance to adding monster and npc BUT still can learn skill via "R" in Perfect World Map (gs01)? Because everytime i added new monster or npc, i CHANGE the npcgen.data, and i can't learn skill via "R" in Perfect World Map (gs01), thank you.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hey, can i ask?

I only can learn skill in the "Celestial Vale", it says "unable to learn skill at this time" when i try to learn skill via "R" in World (gs01), i try to find on another thread, they said to copy the original npcgen.data to the server directory, but it will erase all the monster and NPC that i've set up before.

So, is there any chance to adding monster and npc BUT still can learn skill via "R" in Perfect World Map (gs01)? Because everytime i added new monster or npc, i CHANGE the npcgen.data, and i can't learn skill via "R" in Perfect World Map (gs01), thank you.

Enter elements.data, find the NPC_SKILL_LEARN_SERVICE that has all the skills in it (which is used in R, can be more than one service) and find the npc they are linked to (they are invisible, this service has a long aoe range unlike other npc services), and then make sure these npc are spawning with the boot of map in your npcgen.data for the GS01. If you don't want to bother to do that you can just find a stock npcgen.data for your pw version for gs01 your files must not be clean it seems.

Upvote 0
Back