Learning skill via "R" not working anymore

MemberRank
    Mar 2017 Join Date
    34Posts

Learning skill via "R" not working anymore

Hello all,So I used a 1.4.5 npcgen.data file for my 1.5.3 server to get rid of all the new NPCs/areas/additions.However, after doing this, I am no longer capable of learning skills via "R". It says "Unable to learn this skill at this moment". Learning them via the class master NPCs is also not an option atm because they don't have the quests for learning skills (1.5.3 elements.data, where there are no skill mastery NPCs). I guess I could add the quests back to the newly existing NPCs but I would prefer to be able to learn skills via "R".

Would anyone happen to know what I could do? I don't really see it at the moment.
    I was thinking it's just a matter of adding certain NPCs back that allow for learning via the skill panel, is this correct?

MemberRank
    Mar 2017 Join Date
    34Posts

Re: Learning skill via "R" not working anymore

Already found out it's just a matter of adding back the NPCs that are in the "NPC graveyard" aka "GM Zone".
    ID's of the needed NPCs are 44674 - 44683 for those wondering.

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,493Posts

I would have never thought in a million years that NPCGEN would have prevented you from learning skills via the menu/direct... :O

Wowzers

¤ My Public Releases ¤

MemberRank
    Mar 2017 Join Date
    34Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 343 View Post
    I would have never thought in a million years that NPCGEN would have prevented you from learning skills via the menu/direct... :O

Wowzers
    Thanks for the useful comment!

Not everyone has been doing this for years ;) Also, learning the skills in a certain tab (without any NPC visually involed whatsoever) wouldn't make me guess it had to do with an NPC not existing. But hey, we have all been a noob at this at one point right? :)

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,493Posts

I'm a *huge* newb when it comes to anything roughly > v145, which is about when I quit playing "retail"... But that's exactly why this forum (section) exists... For all to share knowledge, and questions - which usually/hopefully result in knowledge

¤ My Public Releases ¤

DeveloperRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    BrazilLocation
    1,669Posts

This happens due remote services settings inside npc element stub, when it is added to remote services, there is a packet that emits sevnpcid to client when player log-in to the server, if no npc is spawned, there's no sevnpcid to emit or use, then, client can't send npc hello neither npc use services like learn skill.

And remote npc is new feature from 152.

Advertisement