Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

mysql and java communication error

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
running ubuntu 21.04 and got java 11 32bit not 64bit and mysql v8.0.27 everything is set up right the auth. its files, mysql, java etc, the cpw patcher for the client connected to mysql and the database easily but pwadmin and the game itself arnt able to connect to mysql, the server said network error (ofc) and pwadmin says Connection to MySQL Database Failed. ive been trying for 2 days configuring whatnot to get it to work, what i dont get is nothing shows errors anywhere, auth acts like nothing is wrong same with java and mysql. and besides the pwadmin not connecting everything works fine, same for server, the map starts up pwadmin says everything is online. i am stumped i really am, maybe someone here has delt with the problem and fixed it perhaps? i could downgrade but the hosts now adays only do newer ubuntu versions

edit: new information - my player/admin panel (pw-web) connects just fine also, can make accounts, login, grant character gm status, etc

Last edited:
Back