Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PWAdmin 1.5.5

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having an issue with my PwAdmin on v1.5.5 where it wont load the database at all on PwAdmin as well as on iWeb. It's so slow and takes ages to even load anything. I have no idea what is wrong with it and quite honestly it's starting to really frustrate me, especially when I am trying to check how a specific character has changed so I can make changes to quests etc.

Can someone explain to me how to launch it all without launching the whole damn server with the ./start.sh script? ._.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If you don't like an included script in a included pre-made server build (I assume you are running some vbox premade image) then you are free to open the script and modify which things it restarts and how. Take some time and open the script to see what it runs and what you would want to change about it

You also need to make sure the included PwAdmin is actually intended to work with 1.5.5, but other than that just go to the directory which has the PwAdmin files in it and check the configuration files to make sure it matches your database information.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you don't like an included script in a included pre-made server build (I assume you are running some vbox premade image) then you are free to open the script and modify which things it restarts and how. Take some time and open the script to see what it runs and what you would want to change about it

You also need to make sure the included PwAdmin is actually intended to work with 1.5.5, but other than that just go to the directory which has the PwAdmin files in it and check the configuration files to make sure it matches your database information.

I have not touched anything at all and PwAdmin wont load any roles under the "Characters" tab. Also, iWeb wont work at all either. It is rather frustrating that it wont work..

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
you need to go into pwadmin and enter your servers information + MySQL information for it to work right, it doesn't just come setup already.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you need to go into pwadmin and enter your servers information + MySQL information for it to work right, it doesn't just come setup already.

Where exactly is all of this?

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
the first step would be finding the configuration file and then asking about the contents of it so we can tell you what the sections mean

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the first step would be finding the configuration file and then asking about the contents of it so we can tell you what the sections mean

Nope I checked everything in the file you specified and it is all correct with the database. Same with iWeb. But PWAdmin wont update the Characters page at all, I press refresh and it just refreshes indefinitely. I have no idea what I did wrong, I even stopped the world maps as it suggests. What is the min RAM needed for a 1.5.5 server? Maybe that's the issue I am having.. if so.. I'll just get a bigger server for testing I guess..

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Your ram is probably fine however you can check the actual coding of the page which grabs it and see if you notice it requesting it wrong or in a older format than 1.5.5.

Some PwAdmin are made back in as old as 1.3.6 times so if its not coded to be able to parse 1.5.5 roles then it possibly can't. Hard to know for sure without specific details.

Upvote 0
Back