Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to unpack....

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
i have a little question about Epic Perfect World.
i want to edit some models but i don't know how to extract so my question is:

how can i unpack/extract for example the models.pck/models.pkx files ?
and after edit how to pack these files ?

i have the latest offi client and the models.pck file has a size of 2.147.483.392

many thank for your help.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
unless you're good in python and wanna edit the only semi working blender scripts for editing .ski to acknowledge and keep in tact the vertex group format of the file as well as its bone structures (if its a significant model) then you're gonna have a rough time.

use latest sPCK search around for sPCK then read how to use its commands. Also EPW has their elements.data hidden and etcs which is easily findable if you know the files's general size. good luck also good luck editing models adding vertex groups 1 by 1 by 1 otherwise client won't recognize anything you do in blender because its all 1 vertex group.

And if you don't know what a vertex group means you most likely shouldn't try and edit model.

Unless you mean texture which is very easy.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
...this is nothing to help me! :(

i want to know how to unpack the models.pck & models.pkx.
all the rest i can unpack with pck-gui-unpacker.

please help me...thank you.

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
make a new text file paste this:

copy /b models.pck + models.pkx tempmodels.pck

then -pw -x tempmodels.pck

also to merge back together use Free File Splitter is my favorite set the split size to 2147483647 bytes specifically (max 32 bit integer)

For editing 3D Models .ski you will need:

sACTedit
Blender 2.49b
Python 2.7
The pw .ski plugins found around the net

and once you edit them you need to put back the vertex groups named exactly how they were and the same amount. doesn't have to be the same vertexes.

editing .dds is self explanitory

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
@jv90:
Thank You - This Was Very Helpful !

Any chance to edit the Models in 3DS max or only Blender works?

If i have more questions can i ask you? ;)

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
in theory you can import it as a .ski export it in a 3DS Max format and then try to import that to there but you will still have to eventually put it back into blender then link up all the original amount of vertex groups and their original names (found in sACTedit) otherwise the game is picky and will not read them and it will show up invisible ingame because it read the vertexes wrong and gives up (so to speak)

But exporting it to another format for another software then back into blender and then into PW format is something I havent actually tried so you'll have to tell me how that goes.

Here is the most complete .ski plugin around(Fixed Link):

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
how to first argument is not a valid instruction and then press enter to exit. how to fix ?

Upvote 0
Back