Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Npc buff??

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any chance that NPC in PW can provide buffs? If it is can someone drop a tutorial.

Thank you

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there any chance that NPC in PW can provide buffs? If it is can someone drop a tutorial.

Thank you

I know of a mob that buffs anyone that attacks it and it is located near the GM Area down at `115, 5`. Try and see what you can do with this mob and maybe you can figure something out 23608.
Coordinates:

X: -2879.084
Y: 218.8188
Z: -5510.668

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Provide buffs how? When attacked? With quest? To everyone in area?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Like Waspy said find that npc hes talking about in elements.data, check its aipolicy ID strategy, find in the aipolicy which skill ID is triggered OnAttack

Then you can configure a self destructing mob like TT 3-3 Hands to auto kill itself in a certain area and then pick a skill ID buff from skillstr of bosses for one you want. If you wanna raise the range of said buff just find its skill stub in IDA and make the range bigger, also make the range bigger in elementskill.dll, just do this by finding its Skill ID in hex then compare it to GS stub from server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Provide buffs how? When attacked? With quest? To everyone in area?

On a repeatable quest is much better but if we can have on attacked it will be nice as well.

I know of a mob that buffs anyone that attacks it and it is located near the GM Area down at `115, 5`. Try and see what you can do with this mob and maybe you can figure something out 23608.
Coordinates:

X: -2879.084
Y: 218.8188
Z: -5510.668

Can you provide me the monster name coz to be honest I already launched the game but havent played it coz I want this thing to be ready first before playing :D Also, I dont want to create lots of characters just to buff me haha. Coz em playing alone :D

Like @Waspy said find that npc hes talking about in elements.data, check its aipolicy ID strategy, find in the aipolicy which skill ID is triggered OnAttack

Then you can configure a self destructing mob like TT 3-3 Hands to auto kill itself in a certain area and then pick a skill ID buff from skillstr of bosses for one you want. If you wanna raise the range of said buff just find its skill stub in IDA and make the range bigger, also make the range bigger in elementskill.dll, just do this by finding its Skill ID in hex then compare it to GS stub from server.
Thanks @jv90 but can you please confirm where should I check it? is it on element.data or task.data?

Regarding on the skills I am trying to sync in that coz I am just creating this for just a week hehe

Just to inform everyone that is trying to help me I do really appreciate your help.

Yesterday I am trying to look for at ' task.data ' where I can find a quest that has reward and provide buffs like the big head ones if I am not mistaken when I played this year 2008 theres a quest that provide a buff so I am trying to look at it, am I right to look at task.data or it should elements.data?

Regarding on Waspy thanks for the I idea I will now just ask what is the name of the mob/monster or an ID that I can search too please.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Coordinates:
X: -2879.084 Y: 218.8188 Z: -5510.668

Regarding on @Waspy thanks for the I idea I will now just ask what is the name of the mob/monster or an ID that I can search too please.
I gave you the ID in my reply already.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can't you just use Spirit of Defense? Item id 38408
Or if cooldown is a problem then make Taskdice item with quest that gives spirit of defense buff, skill id 2076

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
The way i did was
with AiPolicy i add a skill on a MOB then on NPCgen i add 2 areas on floors, so when MOB is attacking
the trigger pup up and i can take buffs or debuffs depending the skills you set AiPolicy.
No really hard, just a lil brain to think how you wants to get the buff
on my side i though on a boss that would drop debuff at floors around him as buffs

i guess same go if you add in a NPC instead a MOB
the other way is from Task.data
give as reward a skill buff u wants to get

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Simpler method:

Spirit of Defense skill ID: 2040
Spirit of Assault Defense Skill ID: 2075

Create a NORMAL task that is repeatable, auto delivered to players, wait time to complete, 10 seconds to complete, auto complete, no prompt, received by player when they enter world, which delv skill 2040 . Verify that the task is automatically received by players on loop every 12 seconds or so for buffs then u need to go into DELV_REGION and configure the exact map id and exact COORDINATES BOX in which they will auto receive this task inside of, aka a certain area they will be buffed in only.

Once you have this task working 100% correctly and it only spams you with this task in a certain zone coordinates on a map, then u can clone task and change its delivery skill reward to 2075

Back