Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Remove Races (All Version)

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
  1. Open your elementclient.exe in IDA Disassembler
  2. Click in the Assembly view so text search will search for text in the assembly and not in the functions or anywhere else
  3. Search for race_0 (MAKE SURE YOU UNTICK CASE SENSITIVE)
  4. It will find a line that looks like this:
    Code:
    mov        edi, offset Btn_race_0
  5. Go about 10 lines below that looking for it, and you will find a place that looks like this:
    Code:
    cmp       eax, 6
  6. This is your opcode for how many races are selectable in your elementclient. Click the 6 so the cursor is there, go over to hex view, take note of the "06" location in hex, and you can either edit it in IDA and patch to file, or you can go there in your favorite hex editor and change 06 from 6 races to say 03 for 3.
  7. Now you enter your ptemplate.conf and adjust your allow_login_class_mask. If anyone can remind me of the masks for each or how they are generated I will put a list of them here.
  8. You may also go in your class templates and delete the races as well for a third layer of protection and then just import the templates.I have been informed that there is a bug with Nightshades where if you remove them it will still be on their race by default

###UPDATE###
    I have been informed that there is a bug with Nightshades where if you remove them it will still be on their race by default. Here is the fix:

1. Search for this, in assembly text view, in IDA:
    Code:
    push    offset aWinCreatebutto ; "Win_CreateButton1"
    2. The first result you come to, scroll down about 20 lines down and you will see this:
    L2XY8QF - Remove Races (All Version) - RaGEZONE Forums

3. Change this to 5, by clicking the 6 and going to the address it says in the corner:
    Cu4Azea - Remove Races (All Version) - RaGEZONE Forums

4. Save and go ingame it will be fixed.
    5. For removing the Nightshades from the character wheel you will have to tamper with NewCharCenter in IDA so good luck on that. I might do a tutorial on that later.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Great/Simple guide...

For class mask, each class has a value... Add the class values together for the ones you want allowed to login :

Class Masks
=============
Blademaster - 1
Wizard - 2
Psychic - 4
Veno - 8
Barb - 16
Assassin - 32
Archer - 64
Cleric - 128
Seeker - 256
Mystic - 512
Dusk - 1024
Strom - 2048

Example, all but dusk and storm would be '1023'...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, you can help me about this? I have many doubts

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
You can do a fast way and remove the icons from interfaces data instead of .exe and then change the code on server side to only allow the races you want ingame so if they change the interfaces to make a class again they cant login with that class

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Removing icons does not remove them from being selected through the menu so it is only cosmetic. My way disables them from being selected in the client and then the classic edit of ptemplate conf.

I would say IDA is fast unless your CPU is a dinosaur. Its a matter of searching for a string and then changing two bytes only in the whole file.

Cosmetically if you wanted to also remove the race from the GATHERING CIRCLE NewCharCenter of the character creation screen there is a seperate method to do that. Client currently has specific code to load 6 races and two toons for the classes on that node in a wheel of 6 races. If you wish to modify that wheel for visual reasons its inside elementclient.

With interfaces.pck the most you can disable is cosmetic UI, for you can still select them, name it, and enter him into account then have a player cry to you because he can't log it. But my way you can avoid that GM complaint he can't select them at all.

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
Interfaces.pck works without .exe depending on client version like 1.5.5 it uses the icons to select class in character creation menu so if you remove the icons from interfaces.pck they cant select them or make them

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

If they use these buttons here they can still select them. You would need to remove a total of 4 buttons and if u remove the arrows then people can't use the arrow scrolls to still select the normal classes. And if they replace their interfaces or on a server where they patch over another client they will see default interface and nightshades in the menu and be like "Ok I actually can make them here" and if the selling point of server is "No nightshades" they may get disheartened by this and not log or bother to play. Or they can think they cheated the system and try to make, then get rejected login and have a spot used up in their acc, then Gm gets QQ to remove the useless toon sooner than 7 days and all this crying about confusion.

Small problems in production server can lead to big annoyance for your staff or yourself. :thumbup1:

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
i believe i just got outclassed by a female hahaha, removing the arrows they could still click the buttons on the side to select class right? idk

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
i believe i just got outclassed by a female hahaha, removing the arrows they could still click the buttons on the side to select class right? idk
technically yes, but if you gonna remove 4 whole buttons you might as well do this method here same time investment xD

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If you hex edit the client exe to 3 class the arrows stop functioning once you reach min and max...

There is also a way to set the default first load class... I'll try to find it again...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
This works in v1.5.3 and just tested in v1.5.5...

1 - Search this HEX byte
83 F8 06 0F 8D BD 02 00 00

2 - change the "06" accordingly

To prevent other clarifications, this ONLY changes the ability to select or not select more or less classes... it does not actually remove...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If you hex edit the client exe to 3 class the arrows stop functioning once you reach min and max...

There is also a way to set the default first load class... I'll try to find it again...
Search instead for the way to remove races from the actual circle in 1.5.5

Because while its one thing to have the option to make them disabled, but it would be one step further to remove them cosmetically from the class gathering wheel too.

NewCharCenter is a variable name associated with the character classes wheel.

Back