Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

1.3.6 main map

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix the main map in elementclient.exe it is cut of at the top and the bottom

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
All i want is for every map to fit, now ive noticed in the new pwi theres 2 bars on the side of the map , in 1.3.6 theres no bars, thats the reason its messed up

Upvote 0
Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
I took the map from 1.5.3 and added it to 1.3.6 and it was still cut off Lol i think your right about elementsclient.exe needed edited

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry to revive this, but since we won't get a resolution for this, I think it's appropriated..I'm facing this single same error.For some reason, my world map not fits into screen resolution, and when I open world map ("M" shortcut), map seems to be very zoomed in and soo much to up.It's not possible to see Firecrag Grotto Dungeon for example at top side. Someone could help us in this?

Upvote 0
Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
its in .exe because if you look at when it was fixed to before, theres black bars on the sides on the main map where before it was fixed theres not, i ended up deleting 1.3.6 for a higher version where it was fixed

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't understand how this happens :( since before in old times we can get this problem resolved.
Thank you for reply me, thinking about it more, I must to find a way to set a size for world map, seems not to make sense to me Beijing group just set a texture file, in case world.dds and don't have a configuration file, sounds impossible hahaha
Maybe If I hook the .exe as u told me that is there.
Excuse me, could you help me in this thing please? :)
Maybe if we find another .exe? I'll look for this and post any updates...

Edit:
I read in somewhere that Ronny made a tool to fix it, called sMAPfix, but all links in WHOLE internet are down, since it's a 2010 tool. Maybe if someone re-up this, we can fix this problem.
PS: 343's PW DEV tools didn't have sMAPfix, I only found sMAPtool there, and I don't see this kind of option there...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Update: When I set a resolution 1024x768 or minor, all maps are displayed normally! When Resolution are set to more then 1024x768, maps are displayed wrongly sized. (zoomed and stretch out)...

Without clues yet about how to fit to screen when resolution are more bigger than 1024x768...
stretched outstretched out

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Can you please provide good screenshots of the bug and maybe devs can actually help you all configure the correct setting and file for this issue? I know how to fix it but I need to see a SS of the problem first.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you please provide good screenshots of the bug and maybe devs can actually help you all configure the correct setting and file for this issue? I know how to fix it but I need to see a SS of the problem first.

Yes! Thank you for your reply!
I'll post all evidences as SS in a few hours, since I'm now in my work...
Ty again *-*

See, this image I set my resolution to 1024x768 and map works fine.
6EzEwlJ - 1.3.6 main map - RaGEZONE Forums
But if I increase resolution to more than 1024x768 it's not good, get out of screen.
DEIYBtY - 1.3.6 main map - RaGEZONE Forums

All maps just works if I set resolution 1024x768 or under this...
You know this problem?

I Use 343 1.3.6 server pack, client and server.
TYY

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I read in somewhere that Ronny made a tool to fix it, called sMAPfix, but all links in WHOLE internet are down, since it's a 2010 tool. Maybe if someone re-up this, we can fix this problem.
PS: 343's PW DEV tools didn't have sMAPfix, I only found sMAPtool there, and I don't see this kind of option there...

sMAPfix is included on the sMAPTool its the .hmap option.

Upvote 0
Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm well from the looks of it, maybe that resolution is not a good one haha, ofc i set a random res and then drag the game window to a custom size

i do know full screen works

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmmmmmmm well from the looks of it, maybe that resolution is not a good one haha, ofc i set a random res and then drag the game window to a custom size

i do know full screen works

If my client get any resolution higher then 1024x768, windowed or full screen, my map gets like that... Even I perform a custom size by dragging my game screen ;(

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
o4wEWIK - 1.3.6 main map - RaGEZONE Forums

YvkXt7d - 1.3.6 main map - RaGEZONE Forums

Official perfect world had a easy solution to this. Back then the black boarders who offer the constraint of the main map image and player arrow tracking function did not exist in code and in a later version they were added. You would have to use d_uidebug 1 ingame and find the elementclient commands or function linkers these interface elements use. An edit like this is not for someone with lack of assembly or PW knowledge and would most likely be rather hard if there was not a way to enable such code in configs.pck. You can check interfaces.pck and configs.pck first but most likely it is some code you would have to replicate from later versions into your older one.

Attachments

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
o4wEWIK - 1.3.6 main map - RaGEZONE Forums

YvkXt7d - 1.3.6 main map - RaGEZONE Forums

Official perfect world had a easy solution to this. Back then the black boarders who offer the constraint of the main map image and player arrow tracking function did not exist in code and in a later version they were added. You would have to use d_uidebug 1 ingame and find the elementclient commands or function linkers these interface elements use. An edit like this is not for someone with lack of assembly or PW knowledge and would most likely be rather hard if there was not a way to enable such code in configs.pck. You can check interfaces.pck and configs.pck first but most likely it is some code you would have to replicate from later versions into your older one.
I Don't think I got, but I was searching for something in configs.pck like you say, and I found a thing to keep tracked...

File: configs.pck
path:
/configs/autofamilyconfigs/autoscene.cfg

I found the map basic settings, that is:

[World]num_block_row = 8
num_block_col = 8
world_width = 1024.0
world_length = 1024.0
block_size = 128.0

Was we all can see, this is references to world's map grid, that are made of a file from 1024x1024, as we can see in any map.dds file in surfaces.pck.
And as we know too, the grid is made by 8x8 squares..
I know this file means nothing to help us in this problem, but, maybe if we can only hook something to keeps checking map size versus resolution, this may fix, as you comment.

Example (fictive):
If (client_resolution > 1024 &&
client_resolution > 768 ) then
world_width = client_resolution world_length = client_resolution
// world_border_fulfill()
end

OF COURSE this is not a real algorithm, it's only to you guys to understand A LITTLE :X

Attachments

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I would start by looking for interface hook names in elementclient from WorldMap.xml in interfaces.pck then seeing how they function in elementclient 1.3.6 vs elementclient 1.5.1+ or maybe even compare XML file of each to see which feature was added to the XML and how it was implemented.

Upvote 0
Back