Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Errors when repacking models.pck

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Apologies if this is in the wrong section or has been answered elsewhere. I've had no luck searching for answers on my own.

I'm unable to successfully repack models.pck, and I have no idea why. Even if I repack the files without touching them, I still get the same error (as attached). It translates to "the game resource installed on your machine lacks an important file" and the file referenced in the title of the error box is white tiger something.

I've used both sPCK and WinPCK and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Other .pcks seem to repack just fine. I also tried using different compression levels.

Game version is 1.3.6, build 2265.

On the off-chance it's somehow relevant, I also abruptly had issues with Photoshop suddenly not recognising the nVidia DDS plugin. Couldn't work that one out, either, but for now a different DDS plugin source is working...

ETA: It turns out that repacking other .pcks doesn't QUITE work either, even if it doesn't throw an error, as evidenced by the somewhat terrifying snip I've also attached...facedata.pck files were untouched. Literally just unpacked and repacked.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
Other advice, ditch photoshop - start learning GIMP :wink:

I used to bootleg photoshop too (yea, no way in hell I'd pay for it!) but GIMP is so much better!

GIMP even has built in DDS support, and doesn't need no stinkin' "plugin" !!!!!!!

But really, GIMP is just as good if not better than photo shop AND it's FREE and open source - you can't beat it!

As far as 136 goes, I have never used these 'newer' packers with old 136, maybe try to use original "PWPACK" to see if you get different results :wink: (IF you have my PW_DEV.iso that can be found under PW-PCK directory)

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
@ 343 PWPack seems to work, thank you! It's just so weird that it wouldn't work for me, because someone else with the exact same stuff has no problem with sPCK.

Also, my Photoshop is actually a legit one :p It's an old student version of CS5. I'm really bad at learning new versions of something I'm familiar with. Interestingly, I noticed that the same dds actually saves almost 100kb smaller through PS than in GIMP.
@ Psytrac the file IS there, though, that's why I had to post here for help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
@ 343 PWPack seems to work, thank you! It's just so weird that it wouldn't work for me, because someone else with the exact same stuff has no problem with sPCK.

Also, my Photoshop is actually a legit one :p It's an old student version of CS5. I'm really bad at learning new versions of something I'm familiar with. Interestingly, I noticed that the same dds actually saves almost 100kb smaller through PS than in GIMP.
@ Psytrac the file IS there, though, that's why I had to post here for help.

Also check out paint.net - it too has integrated DDS support :wink:

I am brand new to GIMP myself, but I am loving it! Also enjoying paint.net!

Also, glad you got your main issue resolved :D: When it came to 136 I never used/use anything besides the good ol'e trusty PWPACK :wink:!!!

Upvote 0
Back