Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Failed to retrieve character list.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello I wanna start with a quick introduction about my self and then my process. I'm not new to this forum always been a lurker but not a poster, I understand the general understanding of Linux so no i don't need an explanation of how to use the command-line.
Yes my knowledge of MySQL is limited but i don't need hand holding just a direction with proper Cut-N-Clear explanation without vague details.
Let us begin shall we?​

The issue:
Logging into the Elementclient.exe provides error: Failed to retrieve character list.

What works:

1. Database status: Running.
  2. All PWServer Services: Running.
  3. PWAdmin: Running.
  4. PwAdminer: Running.
  5. Iweb: Running. (Minor complication with password not correct?)
  6. Web Services (Apache, Apache2, MySQL, PhpMyAdmin.): All Running.

Have "I" preformed to troubleshoot :
:questionmark:

1. Database validation: Database has been dumped and re-created. (Account creation running without problem.)
  2. Verified if MySQL created Roles for each Class. Yes pictures provided below.
  3. Ensured all PwAdmin Directories were all properly pointed.
  4. Cleared clsconfig.file for a fresh one from multiple sources to test consistency.(server version verified.)
  5. Cleared uniquenamed File entirely and cycled as like step 4.
  6. Preformed command within cd PwServer/gamedbd/: './gamedbd gamesys.conf exportclsconfig > default.xml ' Resulted in blank default.xml File.
  7. Synced Characters Via PwAdmin: Result imported dev characters for defaults. ID:16
  8. Preformed ./dbtool dbtool -r -s /PWServer/dbhomewdb/dbdata/* -d /PWServer/dbdata/* (* representing all files within.)

All results have proven to be failures but would recommend these to anyone struggling with this rarity.

Maybe there is something I possibly missed within my files so ill be providing Images and files to hopefully keep them posted. If you can't open these within your country please let me know and I will post them either directly to this post or within the confines of a host. i also noticed alot of helpful images were lost to age so ill be posting that link in this spoiler to images.

CelestialGoats - Failed to retrieve  character list. - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i see this is over a year old so if you still need help let me know

Upvote 0
Back