Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

.gfx on fashion?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi there, Quite some time ago, i played a PW server wich i dont remember the name of, But they had this cool fashion, where they were able to put .gfx (effects),on fashion pieces like armor. For example they had a body piece, and placed smoke on the wrists and head, And a cool electricity around the arms. Now i tried this 2, but when i try to search for armor that already has effects on them, im only able to find .bon, .ski and the texture file of it, but sadly no .ecm where the .gfx (effects) should be located. I really want to try this to improve my editing experience,And maybe in the future, to become a graphic dev. If some one has this .ecm of a PW server, i would really appreciate if you could share this with me!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Inside class ecm

models/players/形象/刺客女/躯干/刺客女.ecm sin
models/players/形象/刺客男/躯干/刺客男.ecm
models/players/形象/剑灵女/躯干/剑灵女.ecm seeker
models/players/形象/剑灵男/躯干/剑灵男.ecm
models/players/形象/妖兽男/躯干/妖兽男.ecm barb
models/players/形象/妖精/躯干/妖精.ecm veno
models/players/形象/巫师女/躯干/巫师女.ecm psychic
models/players/形象/巫师男/躯干/巫师男.ecm
models/players/形象/武侠女/躯干/武侠女.ecm BM
models/players/形象/武侠男/躯干/武侠男.ecm
models/players/形象/法师女/躯干/法师女.ecm wizard
models/players/形象/法师男/躯干/法师男.ecm
models/players/形象/羽灵女/躯干/羽灵女.ecm cleric
models/players/形象/羽灵男/躯干/羽灵男.ecm
models/players/形象/羽芒女/躯干/羽芒女.ecm archer
models/players/形象/羽芒男/躯干/羽芒男.ecm
models/players/形象/魅灵女/躯干/魅灵女.ecm mystic
models/players/形象/魅灵男/躯干/魅灵男.ecm
models/players/形象/夜影女/躯干/夜影女.ecm duskblade
models/players/形象/夜影男/躯干/夜影男.ecm
models/players/形象/月仙女/躯干/月仙女.ecm stormbringer
models/players/形象/月仙男/躯干/月仙男.ecm

Use this to edit the ecm http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/release-character-script-editor-899687/

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ohh thanks :eek:! But how do i actually edit this, i know what it all means, but how is this used to put gfx on fashion that u buy from a NPC?\

Inside class ecm

models/players/形象/刺客女/躯干/刺客女.ecm sin
models/players/形象/刺客男/躯干/刺客男.ecm
models/players/形象/剑灵女/躯干/剑灵女.ecm seeker
models/players/形象/剑灵男/躯干/剑灵男.ecm
models/players/形象/妖兽男/躯干/妖兽男.ecm barb
models/players/形象/妖精/躯干/妖精.ecm veno
models/players/形象/巫师女/躯干/巫师女.ecm psychic
models/players/形象/巫师男/躯干/巫师男.ecm
models/players/形象/武侠女/躯干/武侠女.ecm BM
models/players/形象/武侠男/躯干/武侠男.ecm
models/players/形象/法师女/躯干/法师女.ecm wizard
models/players/形象/法师男/躯干/法师男.ecm
models/players/形象/羽灵女/躯干/羽灵女.ecm cleric
models/players/形象/羽灵男/躯干/羽灵男.ecm
models/players/形象/羽芒女/躯干/羽芒女.ecm archer
models/players/形象/羽芒男/躯干/羽芒男.ecm
models/players/形象/魅灵女/躯干/魅灵女.ecm mystic
models/players/形象/魅灵男/躯干/魅灵男.ecm
models/players/形象/夜影女/躯干/夜影女.ecm duskblade
models/players/形象/夜影男/躯干/夜影男.ecm
models/players/形象/月仙女/躯干/月仙女.ecm stormbringer
models/players/形象/月仙男/躯干/月仙男.ecm

Use this to edit the ecm http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/release-character-script-editor-899687/

Because i dont see any npc fashion in here

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
gfx is attached to item id in ecm
find item id of some fashion that has gfx then look for that id in ecm with character script editor

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Study where it already lists fashions IDs like Sapphire Dress in the player ecm files for how its formatted. Ususally you define the item ID you want the GFX to be linked to followed by the hook name and rotational coordinates from that hook point. And all the ECM you do not apply it to means those people will not be able to see it on their class which means if you add flames to say a dress or armor top you need to do it for all the ecm files of each class and gender.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Study where it already lists fashions IDs like Sapphire Dress in the player ecm files for how its formatted. Ususally you define the item ID you want the GFX to be linked to followed by the hook name and rotational coordinates from that hook point. And all the ECM you do not apply it to means those people will not be able to see it on their class which means if you add flames to say a dress or armor top you need to do it for all the ecm files of each class and gender.

Alright i see thanks for your explenation

And so you bassicly mean, that if i want to have a fashion top, that isnt in the player ecm, i have to make my own ( format )
I copy the ID of the fashion i want, put it in the ecm, and do exactly how the armors are done?

Now this is also abit related to the other question i had, wich i wanted to put wings on fashion so it would match the weapon.
How do i put non moving wings linked to a custom wep, so it doesnt move with the weapon, but with the body itself.

Like a 3d model of wings that are animated

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Gfx cannot be linked to fashion unless through player ECM or if the fashion is a WEAPON FASHION
Gfx can have animated and non animation state ecm linked through a .gfx file, which a GFX file can then be linked to a fashion wrist item or fashion item via ECMScript in player ecm as stated before.
Armor can have GFX through player ECM or through COMPLECT but fashion cant have a set effect like (2) as it wont work

Look at other ingame examples of where a .GFX is used but has a model in it to learn the syntax for linking a .ECM through .GFX, use d_gfx ingame to find one

.gfx newer than can sometimes show models so look for those.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
can some one help me please? i want to use bow weapon from Forshaken world into my Character in Perfect world, but it turns up the weapon standing next to my toon. can you help me how to fix this

Upvote 0
Back