Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

why are other's gs bigger than mine?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the size of my gs that i compile is 143M ,and the size of other's gs is more than 370M,why?i am confuse,is there anyone tell me why ,please?my version of pw is 1.5.3

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you can compile GS, could you please share to the community how you did it? As far as I know, only extremely skilled programmers can do it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ok,i just don't have any documents.i just try many ways to compile ,so there are my ways:
1.go into cnet,run ./rpcgen rpccalls.xml
2.go into gamed,io,logclient,gdbclient,and make, you will have libdbCli.a,libgsio.a,libgsPro2.a,liblogCli.a,
3.go into cskill,and make ,you will have libskill.a
4.copy these .a files to /root/iolib
5.go into cgame,and make ,you will have gs
there is how to compile gs ,other's file is more easy,and when you compile,there will be lots of errors ,be Patient,google will tell you what to do.and if you don't have some files or .a files , call me,if you have questions,call me ,too

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
More likely you didn't compile with libskill (or compiled with an empty libskill). It all depends of which version you use while compiling. PW Skills are over 100MB, and they're responsible for 1/3 of GS size.

Of course, the debug information slightly increases GS size as well. :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
More likely you didn't compile with libskill (or compiled with an empty libskill). It all depends of which version you use while compiling. PW Skills are over 100MB, and they're responsible for 1/3 of GS size.

Of course, the debug information slightly increases GS size as well. :)
my libskill are 127M,and my gs is 87M without libskill ,there is my command, just for example,
g++ -DLINUX -D_DEBUG -D__THREAD_SPIN_LOCK__ -D__USER__="root" -O2 -D_REENTRANT -D_THREAD_SAFE -I. -Wall -g -ggdb -c -I/home/20150831/cgame/include -I/home/20150831/cgame -I/root/iolib/inc amemobj.cpp -o amemobj.o,maybe the reason is -O2,so i compile with -O0,and gs is 143M,too.
g++ (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-23)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
there is my makefile of gs.
BASEOBJ = start.o object.o grid.o netmsg.o world.o usermsg.o player.o npc.o gimp.o substance.o msgqueue.o actobject.o item.o matter.o filter.o filter_man.o attack.o item_list.o aggrolist.o actsession.o npcsession.o ainpc.o playercmd.o aipolicy.o playerctrl.o playertemplate.o npcgenerator.o terrain.o playerteam.o serviceprovider.o servicenpc.o guardnpc.o playertrade.o objmanager.o obj_interface.o potion_filter.o fly_filter.o skill_filter.o rune_filter.o playerinvade.o playertrashbox.o worldmanager.o invincible_filter.o sitdown_filter.o pvplimit_filter.o playerstall.o travel_filter.o gm_player.o npc_filter.o patrol_agent.o cooldown.o breath_ctrl.o player_pvp.o effect_filter.o aei_filter.o userlogin.o petnpc.o dbgprt.o aitrigger.o serverstat.o aiman.o playerduel.o duel_filter.o playerbind.o mount_filter.o petdataman.o petman.o playerbattle.o siegenpc.o amemobj.o towerbuild_filter.o global_drop.o pet_filter.o playermall.o antiwallow.o playermisc.o invisible_filter.o public_quest.o multi_exp_ctrl.o shielduser_filter.o weddingmanager.o teamrelationjob.o wedding_filter.o playerfaction.o dpsrankmanager.o playerforce.o online_award.o online_award_filter.o threadusage.o pk_protected_filter.o nonpenalty_pvp_filter.o playercountrybattle.o gt_award_filter.o global_controller.o meridianmanager.o touchtrade.o titlemanager.o playertitle.o playerdailysign.o player_reincarnation.o uniquedataclient.o historymanager.o playergiftcard.o playerbattlebase.o playertrickbattle.o autoteamman.o staticmap.o playerfatering.o fateringmanager.o playerclock.o mapresman.o random_maze.o moving_action_env.o moving_action.o playersanctuarycheck.o playerinstancereenter.o playersolochallenge.o playermnfaction.o property.o
GSOBJ = global_userlogin.o global_message.o global_manager.o global_world_stubs.o
INOBJ = instance/*.o
SUBDIR = io item template task pathfinding instance ai wallow mobile
SUBLIB = usercmd/libusercmd.a
IOOBJ = io/msgio.o
ITEMOBJ = item/*.o
WALLOWOBJ = wallow/*.o
TEMPLATEOBJ = template/*.o
TASKOBJ = task/*.o #task/taskman.o
PFOBJ = pathfinding/*.o
AIOBJ = ai/*.o
TASKOBJ2 = task/taskman.o task/TaskProcess.o task/TaskTempl.o task/TaskTemplMan.o task/TaskServer.o
MOBILEOBJ = mobile/*.o
SUBOBJ= $(IOOBJ) $(ITEMOBJ) $(TEMPLATEOBJ) $(TASKOBJ) $(PFOBJ) $(AIOBJ) $(WALLOWOBJ) $(MOBILEOBJ)
all: gs
gs: $(BASEOBJ) $(GSOBJ) $(SUBDIR)
$(LD) -fPIC $(BASEOBJ) $(INOBJ) $(GSOBJ) $(SUBOBJ) $(CMLIB) $(ALLLIB) -o gs
test: $(BASEOBJ) $(GSOBJ) $(SUBDIR)
$(AR) libtgs.a $(BASEOBJ) $(INOBJ) $(GSOBJ) $(SUBOBJ) $(CMLIB)
$(SUBDIR): FORCE
cd $@ ;make lib: $(IOLIB) cd ..; make gslib
solib: libtask.so
libtask.so: task
cd task; make lib
.c.o:
$(CC) -c $(INC) $< -o $@
.cc.o:
$(CPP) -c $(INC) $< -o $@
.cxx.o:
.cpp.o:
FORCE:
clean: FORCE
rm -f *.o *.a;rm -f gs; -($(foreach dir,$(SUBDIR),$(MAKE) -C $(dir) clean;))
depend: FORCE
make dep; -($(foreach dir,$(SUBDIR),$(MAKE) -C $(dir) dep;))
include ../Rules.make

Upvote 0
Back