• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Help] Need help setting up a 1.3.6 Server on latest version of Ubuntu

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I've been stumbling around these forums for the past few days now trying to figure out how to set up a server.

I've set up MULTIPLE UPON MULTIPLE VMachines, from debian / ubuntu/ and centos following guides trying to figure out how to get a server going.

I haven't had much look, and I'm looking to see if anyone could possibly help me set it up on a VMachine so I can test it and later move it to a VPS/Dedicated server (seeing most of the servers will not host 14.04 LTS ubuntu...)

If anyone can help with a guide on how to set up a server on the latest ubuntu install that'd be great either in a reply or if possibly my discord:

Livvy#2986

Thank you so much!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can help you but i need a bit more detail on what the problems are such as Can you not get it to run? or is it more You can not get it to connect?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
A bit of both actually.

I managed to get the server files on a 20.04 version of ubuntu, but I was having so many issues getting mysql to work... But now that it's working, I can run the server but ganticheat client fails to connect to GACD, and ontop of that it says I cannot connect (locally via 192.168.0.115) to the server. It just times out even though the server is running.

Now when I also try to stop the server, the server will stop but the auth server will stay on, and when I try to run it again it says "auth binding is already in use".

I've tried installing libs and everything and im not getting anywhere...

I would like to swap over to ubuntu 20.04 LTS because running on 14.04 lts is just not secure in anyway seeing its at its end of life cycle.

Upvote 0
Back