Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Need help setting up a 1.3.6 Server on latest version of Ubuntu

Reaction score
Hello, I've been stumbling around these forums for the past few days now trying to figure out how to set up a server.

I've set up MULTIPLE UPON MULTIPLE VMachines, from debian / ubuntu/ and centos following guides trying to figure out how to get a server going.

I haven't had much look, and I'm looking to see if anyone could possibly help me set it up on a VMachine so I can test it and later move it to a VPS/Dedicated server (seeing most of the servers will not host 14.04 LTS ubuntu...)

If anyone can help with a guide on how to set up a server on the latest ubuntu install that'd be great either in a reply or if possibly my discord:

Livvy#2986

Thank you so much!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I can help you but i need a bit more detail on what the problems are such as Can you not get it to run? or is it more You can not get it to connect?

Upvote 0
Reaction score
A bit of both actually.

I managed to get the server files on a 20.04 version of ubuntu, but I was having so many issues getting mysql to work... But now that it's working, I can run the server but ganticheat client fails to connect to GACD, and ontop of that it says I cannot connect (locally via 192.168.0.115) to the server. It just times out even though the server is running.

Now when I also try to stop the server, the server will stop but the auth server will stay on, and when I try to run it again it says "auth binding is already in use".

I've tried installing libs and everything and im not getting anywhere...

I would like to swap over to ubuntu 20.04 LTS because running on 14.04 lts is just not secure in anyway seeing its at its end of life cycle.

Upvote 0
Back