Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]Battle of the Immortals Private Server Full Tutorial

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
who knows what needs to be done to make the server level up? to start territorial wars and so on

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes , 4th Anniv
try this command /setserverlevel X - Changes the ServerLevel to the value of X. (Requires a Full reboot of the Server).

Can you share, from where you downloaded 4th anniv client ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
try this command /setserverlevel X - Changes the ServerLevel to the value of X. (Requires a Full reboot of the Server).

Can you share, from where you downloaded 4th anniv client ?

I didn't ask for myself , but they did

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To connect with linux (CentOS) mysql you must install gui for centos ? Cause if i try to type mysql -u username etc... I get error like there is no mysql. I need this to be carified. Anybody?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mysql installation:
sudo yum install mysql-server

Mysql password set up
sudo mysql_secure_installation

Mysql login
mysql -u [username] -p

Best way to manage database as newbie is to use Phpmyadmin. Avoid using centos with GUI otherwise you will lay a lot of ram data space waste. Better use terminal based. Use virtual machine to do your training course before applying it to your physical one.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for the reply, very helpful. My question is more related to currently shared server files, those 4th anniv server files comes with VMware centos (without gui), it's something like "ready to use server", I have little experience with previous release, and server files, but this one a bit different. And I just try to understand new system. The server that worked smooth and best to me was mysql +sql, I learned that way and I liked it.

If those files provided already have mysql installed why, centos doesn't react to mysql -u name -p command.. I need to connect to mysql then grant priv, and then I could join to mysqldb. There no information about shared (provided) files, and I just want to understand it so I can make actions. Now I'm stuck, cause all files those are released and I'm interesting in made same way. WOI LC and 4th anniv, and none of them works for me. I don't understand how you guys connect to database, because after you change ips and mac address, centos doesn't react to mysql -u commands... Does that mean I need to install it (I'm asking because yours already have setup the server (probably)?

I want to learn it (any tip would help me a lot).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Centos is like windows. Each process is as standalone service. WOI runs on 2 different separate machines at the same time. The first half is on windows and the other half on Centos OS. You must run both by priorities. The Linux server first then windows server second. You must make sure to identify what kind of driver table.xml is using. If SQL driver inside table.xml as connection then you have to look for the database inside Windows Virtual machine. If it is Mysql drive then you will find it in Mysql favorably by the owner of Linux virtual machine. Wanmei games run always on 2 separate different database. One for accounts and the other for game content. In WOI/BOI case it is using account database Microsoft SQL server via windows or Mysql via Linux.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I know that part (still big thanks for the try), I ask if currently shared server files 4th anniv from 1st post have mysql installed on that provided vmware centos6.4 which is inside linux side files(cause I can't connect to it with given password, there seem no reaction at all from system to commands 'mysql -u root -p'. Then (if answer are, yes) how you connect to it ?

How can I make table.xml to use sql at windows ? Because the one I have uses mysql(probably can copy table.xml from older version table.xml where it used to run with sql+mysql not pure mysql, need confirmation as I not have experience. Also not sure what else I would need to change this way). I only kill my time, setting server for my personal use, to waste young days in. :-/

I would like to set any version of WOI... but there much less information, still... I think those two answers will help me either with WOI as it uses very familiar mechanics (I can't access mysql 'problem described above, and not sure if I can use CentOS that was worked with BOI, I would like to replace it with WOI (not sure if this possible). :-/

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You will have to get other repacks and replace the table.xml in accord to what you need most. BOI and WOI work the same way. However, the table.xml differ from one repack to another. To answer all your previous questions.

"Does that mean I need to install it (I'm asking because yours already have setup the server (probably)?"
No not at all as long as you have been successful to login the game with certain account and character to use data inside the game.

"how you connect to it ?"
Through authd service and table.xml sql connection to mysql/sql database

The reasons you cannot connect to mysql can be stated as following:
No Mysql database exist or wrong Charset for database or wrong Mysql account

"I not have experience. Also not sure what else I would need to change this way). I only kill my time, setting server for my personal use, to waste young days in."
Try PW before you get to go with WOI/BOI

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To connect with linux (CentOS) mysql you must install gui for centos ? Cause if i try to type mysql -u username etc... I get error like there is no mysql. I need this to be carified. Anybody?

Hi,
About connecting to MySQL database from Linux.
I forgot to add this information (already updated the thread)
User is root
Password is also root
You can find this in table.xml...

4th Anniv uses only MySQL, and of course is installed.
Probably the command is not working because the path is not set.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi,
About connecting to MySQL database from Linux.
I forgot to add this information (already updated the thread)
User is root
Password is also root
You can find this in table.xml...

4th Anniv uses only MySQL, and of course is installed.
Probably the command is not working because the path is not set.

This is what I'm talking about. Well I know name and pass of mysql, I knew it from 1st day. Mysql doesn't react to command: mysql -u name -p, - you already said path isn't set, but you didn't told how to set it. So guide isn't complete.

Can you please clarify to me (how you made more line.exe's), copy/rename existing Line.exe and then config ini's(create if need or copy from other repacks ?). I need this for WOI, as it also comes with only line.exe (I'm ask not about numbers, I'm ask about line.exe itself, I will figure about ini's and share memory). I'm request for any useful information regarding to this (in your video guide, you already came with prepared files, I'm ask how you made line.exe's as I need them for WOI).

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not sure if that really is the problem. I don't know much about MySQL, i never made the installation myself so i can't tell.
I can connect just fine with Navicat Pro to MySQL database from CentOS using User: root and Password: root

--- --- --- ---

What you need, google it: Hex Workshop

0- Make 8 copies of Line.exe and server.ini (if you want 8 realms) and rename them *sline1, sline2, sline3, sline4, sline5....*
1- Open sline1.exe in Hex Workshop (you can drag and drop it)
2- Press CTRL+F
3- Find What:
3.1- Type: Text String
3.2- Value: server.ini (the old name of the config file)
4- Press OK
4.1- And it will find the first value that you need to change
5- Please note that you can only change the word *server* so lets call it *sline1*. The size of the word needs to be the same.
6- When you are done, find the Next Value (use the binoculars with the red arrow on it)
7- And do exactly the same, change the word *server* to *sline1*
8- There are only 2 values, so you are done.
9- Save.
10- Now do the same for every *sline.exe*
11- When you are done, open each *sline.ini* and change *LineID=* to the corresponding realm *1, 2, 3, 4...*
12- Also do the configuration of SharedMem properly, just look at how i did and do the same in each *sline.ini*,
in *LocalSaveServer.ini* and *ShareMemProc.ini*

**I would advise you to make 1 realm first and then test it to see if it works and then do all of them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe anybody can help me with this (I'm trying to set WOI LC server, compiling step by step from BOI and WOI. Now I'm kindof lost...)?
I use authd from BOI (that I had running), as it's more complete, I checked and rechecked, seems everything works fine (DB connect, line.exe loads) to this step (HALP!):

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe anybody can help me with this (I'm trying to set WOI LC server, compiling step by step from BOI and WOI. Now I'm kindof lost...)?
I use authd from BOI (that I had running), as it's more complete, I checked and rechecked, seems everything works fine (DB connect, line.exe loads) to this step (HALP!):

check again ip windows and linux on the file server, then restart Centos and run again centos file server.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I also had this issue the first time i made BOI 4th Anniv.
I don't know much about WOI.
But that seems like you didn't configure the correct "authd.conf" file from Linux.
Maybe "authd.conf" file is located somewhere else and not in "home" directory. Similar to BOI 4th Anniv.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I solved some error's. There was some problem with isec osec augent and auth should have vice versa combo (mine has all the same), NanayaQ have described it at Battle of immortals files and guide thread (if you want to know more).

And now It seems I have problem that I need months to solve, would be good if somebody will loan his hand to help me out...

ERROR > Can't deal with this error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /etc/table.xml (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:137) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:96) at sun.net. at sun.net. at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:630) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:189) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:783) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:748) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:123) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:239) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:288) at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:205) at com.wanmei.db.Application.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.wanmei.db.ApplicationThreadFrameWork.createInstance(Unknown Source) at authd.main(Unknown Source)

I work on sergiu stan centos from older Odin's Wrath release, I did unlink those old symbolyclinks from BOI and type commands like this... ln -s /home/WOIs/authd/build/table.xml /etc/table.xml (that's exact path, I dont understand what I did wrong if this is the reason)

Any help would be appreciated.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I solved some error's. There was some problem with isec osec augent and auth should have vice versa combo (mine has all the same), NanayaQ have described it at Battle of immortals files and guide thread (if you want to know more).

And now It seems I have problem that I need months to solve, would be good if somebody will loan his hand to help me out...

ERROR > Can't deal with this error:

at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:137) at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:96) at sun.net. at sun.net. at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:630) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:189) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:783) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:748) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:123) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:239) at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:288) at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:205) at com.wanmei.db.Application.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.wanmei.db.ApplicationThreadFrameWork.createInstance(Unknown Source) at authd.main(Unknown Source)

I work on sergiu stan centos from older Odin's Wrath release, I did unlink those old symbolyclinks from BOI and type commands like this... ln -s /home/WOIs/authd/build/table.xml /etc/table.xml (that's exact path, I dont understand what I did wrong if this is the reason)

Any help would be appreciated.

File table.xml missing on directory authd/etc/table.xml.

to fix this error replace new file table.xml on authd/etc/ and run again.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Solved one more error, I can login, can create acc, change password etc, all windows of server seem work fine... Except..

I don't know what and where...

I can login with newly created acc, but can't make character as when I click Complete. Nothing happens.

Last edited:
Back